Falcons CB Kendall Sheffield on matchup with Calvin Ridley

mcclure_vaughn.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

New Falcons CB Kendall Sheffield to me on practicing against WR Calvin Ridley at Alabama. Ridley was the top-ranked recruit in Alabama's 2015 nation's best recruiting class while Sheffield, who transferred to Blinn junior college before landing at Ohio State, was No. 2 in that Crimson Tide class. "It was a good matchup. He won some; I won some. He's a very good receiver. He's fast coming in and out of breaks, faster than anyone I've seen. I'm happy to go up against him anytime.'' Facing Julio Jones and Ridley in practice to start his NFL career should help the speedy Sheffield grow immediately.

8 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Kendall is definitely going to be taken to the wood shed by Julio, Calvin and Sanu but it will definitely elevate his game!

Which is exactly what the young corners will need. Keep getting beat like a drum until they get their footing. Tru and Alf got beat up by Roddy and Julio. 

16 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Which is exactly what the young corners will need. Keep getting beat like a drum until they get their footing. Tru and Alf got beat up by Roddy and Julio. 

11 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

And Miller too........... but say no more.

Eloquently stated, Doc.

This is a good draft class.

What a way to learn going up against arguably the best WR Corp in the league!  

9 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I want a good power 5T and another penetrating DT for exactly this reason.  I want them going against our OL all the time so they both make each other battle hardened.  (Plus I just want them because they'll make the D better).

Excited to see Sheffield and Miller.

I can't wait to see a hungry and rejuvenated Hageman go head up against Lindstrom and whoever the LG will be between Brown/Carpenter.

1 minute ago, Cole World said:

I can't wait to see a hungry and rejuvenated Hageman go head up against Lindstrom and whoever the LG will be between Brown/Carpenter.

I was never as big on Hageman as some...but if he's in shape and motivated, he'll give Lindstrom all he wants of power.

For that matter, if he's in shape and motivated (and learns a couple moves)...he could be that 5T 3T combo.  Give that man some hand violence.