Cole World

Coach Narduzzi compared Quadree Ollison to Michael Turner

91 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

he was a beast -- but the question is - is 4 years of dominance long enough to be in ROH?

Did we put Deion in?  he was only in Atlanta for 4 years.

Considering he played for us 5 seasons, 1 was average while 4 were dominant. He holds franchise records for rushing yards in a game, and tds in a season on the ground heck yeah he should be in. He is second all time on the rushing yards list and he played atleast 10 games less than Riggs and Andrews. Both Dunn and Deion are in and both didn't play that long for the falcons. 

Emmitt, duckhoa and ShadyRef like this

19 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Considering he played for us 5 seasons, 1 was average while 4 were dominant. He holds franchise records for rushing yards in a game, and tds in a season on the ground heck yeah he should be in. He is second all time on the rushing yards list and he played atleast 10 games less than Riggs and Andrews. Both Dunn and Deion are in and both didn't play that long for the falcons. 

Atlanta has an amazing history of almost RBs guys who should be great but whether through injury or just bad teams around them never quite paned out.

Turner and Dunn came from other teams and shined here. Riggs was traded too soon or maybe at the right time. Andrews and Anderson just had their bodies break down. Any of them could have had even better careers, maybe even HOF careers.

Osiruz and Emmitt like this

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

OK if he is 70% of what Turner was I would be happier than a pig in mud. Turner would have been a HOF if he took better care of his body and had a stupid 60 tds in 5 seasons. 

Edit: Jr reminds me more of Jason Snelling.

Jason was too slow for my taste.

Turner is the better comparison.  

4 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

True the Falcons did get a crazy amount of usage out of Turner.

But you can also say that Turner could've added an extra two or three years to his career if he had stayed in shape as well though.

Just imagine San Diego with LT, Burner, and Sproles, only Schottenheimer, and the Patriots tripped them up. Thats the versatility you are looking for from your RB's as a unit. Here's to Free running wild Ollison short yardage banger, Ito and possibly Tony Brooks-James COP.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

19 hours ago, duckhoa said:

Jason was too slow for my taste.

Turner is the better comparison.  

He is a faster version of Snelling. Snelling was a taller power back with decent hands, and thats what Ollison is. Turner was more of a speedy bowling ball with legs. He had a lower center of gravity, tree trunk legs, stocky frame, and once he lowered the shoulder he put a hurting on people. 

duckhoa and vitaman like this

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Qadree (4.58) is faster than Snelling (4.79), but not as fast as Turner (4.49).

I don't see, Turner nor Snelling.  Chuck Muncie, yes, most of the young folks don't even know who he was.  RIP my friend.

PS. I bet you remember

Edited by citsalp
Emmitt, FalconsIn2012 and putnam6 like this

12 minutes ago, citsalp said:

I don't see, Turner nor Snelling.  Chuck Muncie, yes, most of the young folks don't even know who he was.  RIP my friend.

PS. I bet you remember

Let’s not start comparing Olli to Muncie.  Dude is the most under appreciated back of all time

citsalp likes this

58 minutes ago, citsalp said:

PS. I bet you remember

Yes I do. Signature glasses and all. I agree Qadree is more like Muncie than Turner or Snelling. Maybe even Lawrence McCutcheon.

citsalp likes this

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

yeah but we have the receiving RBs already on the roster.  We don't really need Ollison to be a great pass catcher - although it would be nice and make us a little less predictable to our opponents.

Ollison played TE some also, he had great hands.. Id say could be better than any rb we have 

Cole World and g-dawg like this

41 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Good grief....how old are you guys????

Where can I go for discussions with falcon fans who are not in a nursing home?

Just grateful you guys are not demented at least.  

We are out here. Hide your women and lock your cars.

Oh, and we ARE demented.

@Vandy, @PokerSteve, @papachaz, @Ezekiel 25:17, and @WhenFalconsWin

papachaz, duckhoa, Emmitt and 5 others like this

31 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Good grief....how old are you guys????

Where can I go for discussions with falcon fans who are not in a nursing home?

Just grateful you guys are not demented at least.  

Hey, hey, hey young whippersnapper. I remember when Muncie came out of college saying I wish I was that young again. :D

Tim Mazetti likes this

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Hey, hey, hey young whippersnapper. I remember when Muncie came out of college saying I wish I was that young again. :D

OK, DAMMIT. I am adding you to the demented geezer list.

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Considering N Illinois rode Turner like Seabiscuit for 4 years, a break was probably a good thing.

Turner had 941 carries in college.  Josh Jacobs had 241 carries in college

Jacobs was never the full time starter though. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Jacobs was never the full time starter though. 

I know.  But most freshman running backs don’t get 300 carries.   That was a lot of work they put on Turner

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dude wild have been a HOF back if not for the terrible injury

I think Bart too if the refs called the late knee shots he took.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

17 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I know.  But most freshman running backs don’t get 300 carries.   That was a lot of work they put on Turner

True. But that's what schools like Northern Illinois do cause they usually don't get multiple studs at one position. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this