Jump to content

Major changes are coming in the next few years


hjerry
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a screencap from spotrac, showing as many as would fit on screen the top 17 highest paid players on the Falcons roster for 2019 (excluding Schraeder of course).

xakGvQv.png

 

Honestly, looking at that list, I could see as many as 12 of those not being on this roster anymore by the 2021 season. For many of them, play will be a huge factor in the front office's determination of whether to keep them, release them, or possibly even extend them, but one thing that is for sure, that top 17 will look very different in a couple of years. This roster is getting ready to undergo some major changes over the next couple seasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AustFalcon said:

But there is still a huge core of the team that aren't on the list who are likely still here then.

Deion Jones, Kazee, Hooper, Ridley, Senat, Oliver.

Possibly Campbell, Gage, Ito, Tavecchio.

Plus all of this this year's rookies.

I'm specifically referencing the current highest cap hits on the team, so they don't apply.

The entire post is meant to be about how our cap allocation is going to change drastically over the next couple seasons, and many of the mainstays of the team from the last 5 years will soon be nothing more than dead money on the cap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm specifically referencing the current highest cap hits on the team, so they don't apply.

The entire post is meant to be about how our cap allocation is going to change drastically over the next couple seasons, and many of the mainstays of the team from the last 5 years will soon be nothing more than dead money on the cap.

Gotcha.

When you said "This roster is getting ready to undergo some major changes over the next couple seasons" I thought you were referring to the make up of the roster, not the cap allocation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

This is a screencap from spotrac, showing as many as would fit on screen the top 17 highest paid players on the Falcons roster for 2019 (excluding Schraeder of course).

xakGvQv.png

 

Honestly, looking at that list, I could see as many as 12 of those not being on this roster anymore by the 2021 season. For many of them, play will be a huge factor in the front office's determination of whether to keep them, release them, or possibly even extend them, but one thing that is for sure, that top 17 will look very different in a couple of years. This roster is getting ready to undergo some major changes over the next couple seasons.

Trufant, Mack, Freeman, Beasley, Sanu are all likely to gone by 2021, with half of those gone by 6/1 next year. Not sure any of this is a.suprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, AustFalcon said:

Gotcha.

When you said "This roster is getting ready to undergo some major changes over the next couple seasons" I thought you were referring to the make up of the roster, not the cap allocation.

Yeah, I'm mainly talking about how much our highest paid players are going to change. In most of those cases, you're also talking about players who have been key starters for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Trufant, Mack, Freeman, Beasley, Sanu are all likely to gone by 2021, with half of those gone by 6/1 next year. Not sure any of this is a.suprise.

Not meant to be surprising, but do find it interesting. The analytics of these kinds of things have always been interesting to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Hopefully Ryan, Matthews, Jones, Neal, McKinley are still here

Bosher, Allen and Freeman are the only ?

Jarrett, Trufant, Beasely, Mack, Sanu, Allen, are all question marks over the next 2 years as well imo

I'd also throw in Carpenter, Brown, and Sambrailo, as I already question how many of the 3 will still be on the roster in 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AustFalcon said:

But there is still a huge core of the team that aren't on the list who are likely still here then.

Deion Jones, Kazee, Hooper, Ridley, Senat, Oliver.

Possibly Campbell, Gage, Ito, Tavecchio.

Plus all of this this year's rookies.

Deion Jones is gonna get paid!  He could be a $15-18mm/yr guy next year. CJ Mosely got $18mm

Keanu going into his 5th yr option.

Let Walk:

Beasley

 

Cuts:

Trufant/Sanu/Bosher/Freeman

 

Possible Cut:

Alex Mack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Deion Jones is gonna get paid!  He could be a $15-18mm/yr guy next year. CJ Mosely got $18mm

Keanu going into his 5th yr option.

Let Walk:

Beasley

 

Cuts:

Trufant/Sanu/Bosher/Freeman

 

Possible Cut:

Alex Mack

I’m good with this hate to see Mack and Sanu go but Mack isn’t getting younger and Sanu is replaceable but still love his leadership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I’m good with this hate to see Mack and Sanu go but Mack isn’t getting younger and Sanu is replaceable but still love his leadership.

These are the choices that teams with loaded rosters have to make.

I don’t want to see either go but both likely candidates.  With Mack, he could see 2020 if he is still balling but he is very expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

These are the choices that teams with loaded rosters have to make.

I don’t want to see either go but both likely candidates.  With Mack, he could see 2020 if he is still balling but he is very expensive.

The Mack dilemma is why I’d have been good taking McCoy in the 2nd instead of moving up for Kaleb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The Mack dilemma is why I’d have been good taking McCoy in the 2nd instead of moving up for Kaleb.

Even if we did that then we'd have to try and find a tackle next year and McCoy would just be on the bench. At least this way we improve RT and RG, instead of just RG and then get a new C the year after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...