Falconsfan567

Cardinals at Braves

437 posts in this topic

You don't think 1 bad call changes an entire inning? That is what just happened to the Braves. It should be 2 on nobody out for Ozzie had the umpire correctly called a pitch outside ball 3 to Markakis. This is why we need automated balls and strikes!! That one bad call killed us.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You don't think 1 bad call changes an entire inning? That is what just happened to the Braves. It should be 2 on nobody out for Ozzie had the umpire correctly called a pitch outside ball 3 to Markakis. This is why we need automated balls and strikes!! That one bad call killed us.

The 3rd pitch to Markakis was a clear ball. It was called a strike. That forced Markakis to swing at the next pitch that was outside and a ball and he fouled it off. So instead of it being ball 4 and 2 on nobody out the AB ended in a double play! Ridiculous!!

Foltys already looking frustrated out there and its only the 3rd inning......jeez

Just now, E. T. said:

Foltys already looking frustrated out there and its only the 3rd inning......jeez

I get it. He's been getting smacked around this year and just can't seem to get everything in order like he had it last year and this after missing the first month of the season with the elbow soreness.

putnam6 likes this

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Think #1 he is ready for the show #2 the Braves just might need his bat in the line up if they make no other moves.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I get it. He's been getting smacked around this year and just can't seem to get everything in order like he had it last year and this after missing the first month of the season with the elbow soreness.

I get the injury part. But look at how he just walked off the field, he's got to snap out of that bad attitude. His mentality is affecting him more than any injury at this point.

Malachore likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pitching is so **** physical, mechanical and mental everything has to be in sync

1 minute ago, putnam6 said:

Pitching is so **** physical, mechanical and mental everything has to be in sync

Like they showed in the side-by-side, his delivery is just a little bit off and that is just enough to cause him all sorts of problems.

putnam6 likes this

4 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I get the injury part. But look at how he just walked off the field, he's got to snap out of that bad attitude. His mentality is affecting him more than any injury at this point.

You would have a bad attitude too if you were getting smacked around the way he has this year after been as great as he was last year.

Just now, sdogg said:

Folty is horrible. 

All you can do is hope he can pitch himself out of this funk. I dont know though how long they can wait, they were counting on him big time this year. 

sdogg likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You would have a bad attitude too if you were getting smacked around the way he has this year after been as great as he was last year.

That attitude didn't just start this year, its been there.

1 minute ago, E. T. said:

That attitude didn't just start this year, its been there.

Last year his attitude was fine. There's a reason he pitched as great as he did last year. Yes, we may have seen it for a pitch or two but overall he was fine. Not like what we've seen tonight from him.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Last year his attitude was fine. There's a reason he pitched as great as he did last year. Yes, we may have seen it for a pitch or two but overall he was fine. Not like what we've seen tonight from him.

My concern is he loses focus at the first sign of adversity and it ruins his game. I know he's a good pitcher, we've all seen it. But he has to control those emotions.

sdogg and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

Just now, E. T. said:

My concern is he loses focus at the first sign of adversity and it ruins his game. I know he's a good pitcher, we've all seen it. But he has to control those emotions.

But he didn't do that last year.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm so glad Jesse Biddle is back!!!!!

He is the punching bag tonight.  Let him get the ERA dent and send to AAA.  

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

He is the punching bag tonight.  Let him get the ERA dent and send to AAA.  

They can't send him to Triple-A. He's out of options. He would have to be DFA'd and then clear waivers to get sent down. Braves refuse to DFA him because they're afraid of him getting claimed.

What's ridiculous is getting rid of Jerry Blevins for this bum.