Falconsfan567

Cardinals at Braves

437 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Honestly we will have zero excuses not to make Kimbrel a fair offer after the draft. We can't force him to sign it but a fair offer is something we have to do.

Couldn't agree more.. I'd definitely have Mac and Freddie in that meeting as well.. ;)

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I could certainly see the Braves having a handshake deal in pleace2...basically indicating that they will be interested after the draft

Bingo!

I know this might sound crazy but is anyone going to make a Brewers thread

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

I know this may open a can of worms but..

starts with talk about innings limits - gets refuted with AA saying "no such thing"

continues with wants to believe that but sees Soroka pulled after six shutout innings - then says something about wearing down later.. how will he wear down later if he's getting pulled early?

do agree that we need at least one bullpen arm.. and I'm in the belief that there is already an agreement with Kimbrel.. but Newk, Touki, Jackson, Tomlin and maybe Webb/Winkler/Venters(fingers crossed) should be able to hold the fort down til then.. my .02

None of that changes what I said.

Right now they are dependent on 2 guys who have less than 20 career starts to be the 1 and 2 starters. What AA "feels" isn't any different than what anyone else "feels". Especially when the evidence is there with Folty and Newk and to an extent Soroka too.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

None of that changes what I said.

Right now they are dependent on 2 guys who have less than 20 career starts to be the 1 and 2 starters. What AA "feels" isn't any different than what anyone else "feels". Especially when the evidence is there with Folty and Newk and to an extent Soroka too.

Whether or not you wanna give Julio a little credit for how he's pitched recently is on you.. Gausman and Foly I can understand (though I hold out hope that they'll turn it around).. I remember some didn't want to rely on the kids too much, but they are helping us tremendously right now.. AA took information based on facts that inning limiting didn't necessarily help and is willing to run with it.. We can cherry pick stats to fit our opinions all we want.. But you know which side of the fence I tend to stand on..

12 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Whether or not you wanna give Julio a little credit for how he's pitched recently is on you.. Gausman and Foly I can understand (though I hold out hope that they'll turn it around).. I remember some didn't want to rely on the kids too much, but they are helping us tremendously right now.. AA took information based on facts that inning limiting didn't necessarily help and is willing to run with it.. We can cherry pick stats to fit our opinions all we want.. But you know which side of the fence I tend to stand on..

When I say "Julio is Julio" I'm not saying he has been or is bad. I'm saying he can't be trusted.

I still don't want to rely on Soroka or Fried because I believe they will wear down which is why landing another starter is important. 

12 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Julio's ERA is now down to 3.88. 

Last 5 starts.

• 30 IP, 17 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 3 HR, 12 BB, 27 SO, 2.40 ERA

All 3 of those HR's came in that start against the Padres. The other 4 starts since he's allowed no homeruns.

7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Sucks the media objective realists already counted us out this year. 2 games up of the 3rd place Mets and only 1.5 back of the daunting Phils.

Guess maybe we aren't a lock for 4th place after all...?

Fixed it for you.

36 minutes ago, oztin said:

I know this might sound crazy but is anyone going to make a Brewers thread

I finally got it done. Sorry, I had to go to bed as soon as the game ended last night because I had to get up early today because I subbed and so I just got a chance to make it.

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Completely agree. But we are never losing again (139-21) so we are going to change that narrative 

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tl;dr likes this

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I never bought into the East hype. I just cant see the Nats or Mets really competing. To me it was always just a two team race. Those two teams have their flaws though.

I'm kind of stunned by the Nationals thus far. With those starters, they shouldn't be this bad. 

FWIW, I still expect a four-team race that Philly ultimately wins. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I want to think that but then I see Mike Soroka getting pulled with a shutout after 6 innings.

Soroka's only 10 weeks beyond shoulder discomfort. The reason why I posted last night that I thought he was done was because of that. Soroka's in a different situation than our other young arms, dominance notwithstanding. We have to tread carefully there because he's the one guy we all know can be special.

59 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm kind of stunned by the Nationals thus far. With those starters, they shouldn't be this bad. 

FWIW, I still expect a four-team race that Philly ultimately wins. 

Agreed!! It doesn't make any sense that they're this bad. I fully expected a 4-team race with the possibility of both WC's coming out of the East.