Cole World

Year 2 - 2018 draft class

24 posts in this topic

I feel each one of these guys will raise their level of play from year 1 to year 2.

Calvin Ridley

Deadrin Senat

Ito Smith

Russell Gage

I don't have anything for Isaiah Oliver or Foyesade Oluokun but I suspect their level of play will rise too. 

Cheap Talk, g-dawg, Vandy and 8 others like this

I've said this a bunch of times on here already over the past 9 months or so... but as much as it sucked to miss the playoffs last season largely due to so many injuries to key parts of the team, it could end up being a blessing in disguise moving forward.

A lot of young guys were thrown into the fire & got some valuable experience in the process.

Let's hope that pays substantial dividends once everyone is back healthy.

Ridley is a stud. Ito was already good and will be even better. Senat and Foye both have solid potential as rotational guys at worst.

Oliver is the X-Factor of the 2018 draft class. If he pans out to be a quality starter, then the 2018 class could be up there with 2016 and 2015. 

I feel that Ridley is going to take a huge step this year. Ito is solid, but I don’t think he can replace Coleman. However between Freeman and Ito, I think we could have a decent run game. Hopefully Koetter calls good plays instead of screens. 

Senat is a biggie for me if this guy can produce some inside pass rush this defense goes to another level.

Gage intrigues me I think we may have something with this guy I’m seeing a possible full time slot starter a #4 WRers at worst.

Oliver,all want to see is improvement inside of that first 5 yards.Better redirection off of the snap and limit free releases that’s actoss the board for all our boundary corners.

Ridley get stronger up top,never doubted his physical abilities.

Cole World and Schwarzwald like this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Senat is a biggie for me if this guy can produce some inside pass rush this defense goes to another level.

This.... people are sleeping on Senat and keep forgetting him when speaking of our need to draft or sign a DT

9 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Ridley's gonna be a FORCE.

Yes! I didn't realized how good he was when we drafted him. I figured he would be a good compliment to Julio but he has certified WR1 talent.

Good luck dealing with that receiving core if the offensive line returns to form.

1 hour ago, ramonezy said:

This.... people are sleeping on Senat and keep forgetting him when speaking of our need to draft or sign a DT

If people are sleeping on Senat, then they really are sleeping on Jack Crawford.  I'm not as worried about the dline as some.  Yes it isn't our strongest position but think we can be good enough.  

Tim Mazetti likes this

3 hours ago, ramonezy said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Senat.. He just hasnt done much to impress anyone at this point 

6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ridley and Oliver will probably be the only players still in the league in 3 years.. Good luck for the others, they will need it 

Sleeping on Gage as a STs player. If he can cut out some of his aggressive STs penalties he’s already an above average gunner. 

Edited by Geneaut
⚡Slumerican⚡ and Vandy like this

28 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Sleeping on Gage as a STs player. If he can cut out some of his aggressive STs penalties he’s already an above average gunner. 

Yep, I could definitely see that.. Definitely has the speed 

7 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ridley and Oliver will probably be the only players still in the league in 3 years.. Good luck for the others, they will need it 

I would take that bet all day long. Injury aside Senat and Foye can play in the league for a while.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Maybe,, but everybody knows that DL don't last near as long as WRs... That's just common fact...

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I would take that bet all day long. Injury aside Senat and Foye can play in the league for a while.

Senat could be benched as soon as next season if we draft heavy on Dline.. Foye has potential to develop, it just a fast paced league and his replacement could be drafted next season and probably will be in 3 years time.. Really depends on what he demands in his first real contract negotiations imo.. If hes willing to play on the cheap he could be a decent backup/rotational lb'er

22 hours ago, k-train said:

I've said this a bunch of times on here already over the past 9 months or so... but as much as it sucked to miss the playoffs last season largely due to so many injuries to key parts of the team, it could end up being a blessing in disguise moving forward.

A lot of young guys were thrown into the fire & got some valuable experience in the process.

Let's hope that pays substantial dividends once everyone is back healthy.

Unquestionably has helped. Quinn cleaned house on the coaching staff and got experienced coaches. He put himself in sole charge of the defense, exactly where he belongs and where we need him the most. Those rookies did get their trial by fire and they'll be far more ready to go if called upon again.

This draft class is looking like it's going to provide a very strong infusion of talent as early as this season. The OL is going to be strong running and passing the ball. That improvement alone could put us in the SB, so yes, last season's miseries could be the catalyst to some very good things to come this season. It's a whole new ball game for this team.

Tim Mazetti and k-train like this