Romfal

Rookie Minicamp May 10-11th

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

Thanks!

pulling for my boy John Santiago

Holy crap!  How does a kid like this go undrafted and not even get a UDFA contract?  He must have had like 1,000 YAC in this video alone.

Insane vision, insane stop/start ability, insane agility... AND incredible second level speed burst, plus really good hands.

He's only 5'9 185, but that's not much different from Smith and Green.  So what am I missing?  This kid looks incredible finding holes and breaking tackle after tackle.

Cole World likes this

7 minutes ago, Beef said:

Holy crap!  How does a kid like this go undrafted and not even get a UDFA contract?  He must have had like 1,000 YAC in this video alone.

Insane vision, insane stop/start ability, insane agility... AND incredible second level speed burst, plus really good hands.

He's only 5'9 185, but that's not much different from Smith and Green.  So what am I missing?  This kid looks incredible finding holes and breaking tackle after tackle.

size is one thing, he also ended the season with an inury so his metrics are probably affected, 4.58 40 and 7.06 3cone at his pro day, neither of which are elite. Combine that with lower level of competition and its an uphill battle.

He was the offense at North Dakota. 3 time big sky 1st team, Career totals of 6,562 all purpose yards, 3717 rushing and 32 touchdowns

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=260280

I'm surprised hes only getting tryouts...

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

He's a journalist, not a photographer.... 

You'd think that he'd learn that part by proxy.

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

Thanks!

Some tryout names that stand out

RB Tony Brooks James from Oregon

WR Shun Brown from Arizona

That was an entertaining video!

NWFALCON and Tim Mazetti like this

2 minutes ago, Romfal said:

4.58 40 and 7.06 3cone at his pro day, neither of which are elite.

This is when scouts just have to watch the film and throw out the weighting on measurables.

You can't teach that kind of vision, stop/start ability, and balance/ability to break tackles.  He's got traits that are very special for RB's.  He's doing things Ito wasn't even doing in his highlight reel.

I look forward to seeing if he can do this against NFL caliber competition.  My eyes are seeing things that SHOULD translate and maybe have us finding a true gem.

3 hours ago, Shiney_McShine said:

What's the over under for spelling and grammar errors? 

The finally got his socially awkward *** an editor. So I go with 2.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

This is when scouts just have to watch the film and throw out the weighting on measurables.

You can't teach that kind of vision, stop/start ability, and balance/ability to break tackles.  He's got traits that are very special for RB's.  He's doing things Ito wasn't even doing in his highlight reel.

I look forward to seeing if he can do this against NFL caliber competition.  My eyes are seeing things that SHOULD translate and maybe have us finding a true gem.

We hear this every year on tryout players and most of these guys never get offered contracts 

There is always a limit to what fans know based on highlights 

Vandy, Ergo Proxy and Drew4719 like this

34 minutes ago, hjerry said:

We hear this every year on tryout players and most of these guys never get offered contracts 

There is always a limit to what fans know based on highlights 

right. I'm sure he has some limitations on ST value or pass pro. I'm not surprised he didn't get drafted, I am surprised he is on his second tryout and not on a 90 man roster yet though with a fairly weak overall nfl RB rookie class

4 hours ago, stizz said:

Alex Gray is my age at a rookie minicamp and hasn't even contributed to a preseason stat sheet. That UK stuff is a crazy rule.

True.

They are opening an NFL academy in september, at a college 10 minutes from home, too bad it's 10 years too late to give it a shot.

51 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

no one will judge you for checking him out sweetheart :tiphat:

Woah there. You better hit some calf raises if you want me to be your sweetheart. 

Vandy and Embrace the suck like this

6 hours ago, stizz said:

Alex Gray is my age at a rookie minicamp and hasn't even contributed to a preseason stat sheet. That UK stuff is a crazy rule.

anyone know if he can finally attempt to make the 53 this year or is he forever stuck on the 'foreign player practice squad spot'

Ergo Proxy and Lowndesfalc like this

6 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

That was an entertaining video!

Jeez.  No kidding.  Some of those runs were insane.

1 hour ago, Romfal said:

anyone know if he can finally attempt to make the 53 this year or is he forever stuck on the 'foreign player practice squad spot'

Yes, this is finally the put up or shut up season for Gray. Seems like he's been on the practice squad forever.

9 hours ago, Romfal said:

Thanks!

Some tryout names that stand out

RB Tony Brooks James from Oregon

WR Shun Brown from Arizona

Whoa Nelly.   That kid looks like Gale Sayers Wayne Gretzky and Peter Pan simultaneously. 

(I know what thread I'm in...usually)