Based on absolutely nothing..

On 5/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t think DQ would agree with that.

Top 20 he’ll no.Like Falconaides post suggests we need a couple of key pieces to perform and this defense could be really good.

I think too many just look at last years efforts and think it’s going to be rinse wash repeat.

If we were only going to go from say 27 to 18 of something like that with all our key parts back DQ will be looking for a new job.

I myself question if we're going to be a good defense. There's just so many what if's.... You need Ricardo Allen to come back from a hard injury to come back from, Neal to not take a step back after an ACL tear (I know they're like broken bones now, doctors are pretty good with fixing them) you're banking on Takk, Clay and Vic to get on track and create a consistent pass rush, Isiah Oliver coming in and being an upgrade to Robert Alford. Top 20 ? I can see it... top 10 ? meh, if all those what if's turn into positives and everything turns out then sure.

Also, if ATL was the 20th ranked defense and we went 11-5 and won the NFC South while going to the playoffs you think DQ would get fired ? Not a chance, it would be silly to. I'm more cautious about getting my expectations so high, top 10 ?  That's a little rich for me.. I think we fit between 14-20 range, which is fine if we're creating turnovers and the offense is playing well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

..but my gut "homer" feelings, Falcon will have a top 7 Defense this season. 

Homer feelings always lead to heartbreak & disappointment when it comes to the Falcons . I’m strictly wait & see . 

4 hours ago, Adam25 said:

I myself question if we're going to be a good defense. There's just so many what if's.... You need Ricardo Allen to come back from a hard injury to come back from, Neal to not take a step back after an ACL tear (I know they're like broken bones now, doctors are pretty good with fixing them) you're banking on Takk, Clay and Vic to get on track and create a consistent pass rush, Isiah Oliver coming in and being an upgrade to Robert Alford. Top 20 ? I can see it... top 10 ? meh, if all those what if's turn into positives and everything turns out then sure.

Also, if ATL was the 20th ranked defense and we went 11-5 and won the NFC South while going to the playoffs you think DQ would get fired ? Not a chance, it would be silly to. I'm more cautious about getting my expectations so high, top 10 ?  That's a little rich for me.. I think we fit between 14-20 range, which is fine if we're creating turnovers and the offense is playing well.

I think DQ backs himself to get whoever he has on that side of the ball of the ball to perform.

I think alot of fan opinion is based off of last year.I fully expect our injured guys to come back and be hungry as f**k.I don’t worry about injury effecting there returns and Rico and Neal especially seemingly are on schedule for a return.I think they’ll be diligent about there rehab and will be back too full speed by TC definitely before the season starts.

For me what I’m looking for is a more attacking mindset from our defense.Not a sit back and take a shot,dish it out and make an offense react to us.That to me is coaching and I believe and have been banging the table all off season about it which will make the difference.

22 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think DQ backs himself to get whoever he has on that side of the ball of the ball to perform.

I think alot of fan opinion is based off of last year.I fully expect our injured guys to come back and be hungry as f**k.I don’t worry about injury effecting there returns and Rico and Neal especially seemingly are on schedule for a return.I think they’ll be diligent about there rehab and will be back too full speed by TC definitely before the season starts.

For me what I’m looking for is a more attacking mindset from our defense.Not a sit back and take a shot,dish it out and make an offense react to us.That to me is coaching and I believe and have been banging the table all off season about it which will make the difference.

I think that's going to be a huge difference in the defense this year, just the sheer fact that DQ will attack instead of sit back and wait for it to happen. I really like Kazee as a match-up in the nickel and roaming at S he's such a good player already, if he can be consistent in his tackling he can be a premier defender in the NFL. I worry more so about the DL, I like our LB's a lot and a healthy Debo means Campbell's job gets easier which means our LB core as a whole is stronger. We'll see what this DL can do. I'm very optimistic about Oliver, probably more than most. I have high expectations for the group, I just don't want to set the bar tooooooo high lol