Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADAMSVILLE GYM

Based on absolutely nothing..

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

To have a “Top 7” defense, wouldn’t you think we would need at least one elite unit?

DL - no

LB - no

Secondary - no

We have some good to great players but no elite unit.

I see Falcons defense capable of getting to the 10-15 range which might be good enough if the offense is elite.   A defense in the 10-15 range is decent.

Falcons have talented players but no one truly elite - Debo and Grady are close.

How is the best middle linebacker in the NFL not Elite?

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Debo is most certainly elite. As bad as last year was, it confirmed just how elite he is by how awful defense was while he was out. 

Perhaps by some, but overall he was underrated by those who didn’t understand what his role was here and in KC. For whatever reason, he didn’t play as well in carolina, but he did a good job in his one season here....

teams ran right through our middle last year. 

With Poe we possibly make the playoffs last year.  That’s his value

16 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

..but my gut "homer" feelings, Falcon will have a top 7 Defense this season. 

Well then here comes a great defensive season. “Homer” feeling NEVER lead one astray! :D

8 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just saying. Unit had nothing to do with it. He was saying he felt Debo is elite.

Debo is elite - when healthy.  Just doesn’t feel like it now since he missed most of last year.

Grady? Not quite there - close.

I agree.  Based on:

DQ being the DC

Kazee

No more Alford PI 

more speed at DB

DQ will call Blitz.  

Tak will blossom this year. 

Solid D line rotation. 

The Duke Riley experiment is over 

OLine play will mean better offense and longer drives TOP will help D

On 5/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Homer feelings always lead to heartbreak & disappointment when it comes to the Falcons . I’m strictly wait & see . 

If you are trying to suggest if you see the glass half full, it will “always” lead to heartbreak & disappointment, you don’t speak for me. 

The universe has no inherent personality. Each person creates his own perception of it. 

Have I been heartbroken and disappointed at times? Sure, but 99.99% of my days are filled with joy, enthusiasm, and faith.

I have to question, since I’ve no experience myself with this, if the glass half full fan lives cowering in fear and doubt 99% of his days, deluding himself into a false belief  it could  one day be ok, but only if the Falcons win be Super Bowl. Until then, fear, darkness and doubt permeate his being.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

If you are trying to suggest if you see the glass half full, it will “always” lead to heartbreak & disappointment, you don’t speak for me. 

The universe has no inherent personality. Each person creates his own perception of it. 

Have I been heartbroken and disappointed at times? Sure, but 99.99% of my days are filled with joy, enthusiasm, and faith.

I have to question, since I’ve no experience myself with this, if the glass half full fan lives cowering in fear and doubt 99% of his days, deluding himself into a false belief  it could  one day be ok, but only if the Falcons win be Super Bowl. Until then, fear, darkness and doubt permeate his being.

Alrighty then . :lol:

11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Debo is elite - when healthy.  Just doesn’t feel like it now since he missed most of last year.

Grady? Not quite there - close.

I remember when everbody was like; "Julio Jones is elite!". Then, he got hurt and missed some games. Then everybody was like; "Julio is not elite", because football stuff happened and he missed games. Then, when he came back, "Julio ELITE"! 

:lol:

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I remember when everbody was like; "Julio Jones is elite!". Then, he got hurt and missed some games. Then everybody was like; "Julio is not elite", because football stuff happened and he missed games. Then, when he came back, "Julio ELITE"! 

Dumb analogy as Debo is not a HOF or close yet like Julio.  Wasn’t even the point I was making either about having an ELITE unit.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:00 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Im thinking 10-16 range. And that could be good enough if we ca n stop the run well and force 3 abd 5+ regularly

Megadeth is good, but you had it right with Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I

2 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Who has EVER said Julio isn't elite?

There are people on here who think that A.B. is a less talented but better player (off the field issues excluded) but I don't recall people saying he wasn't a generational talent at wide-out.

2 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Megadeth is good, but you had it right with Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Had Budgie originally. Good to see someone else.With good taste in music. I changed it after hearing the iPhone commercial with Deth on it. 

On 5/10/2019 at 0:32 PM, g-dawg said:

To have a “Top 7” defense, wouldn’t you think we would need at least one elite unit?

DL - no

LB - no

Secondary - no

I see Falcons defense capable of getting to the 10-15 range which might be good enough if the offense is elite.   A defense in the 10-15 range is decent.

Falcons have talented players but no one truly elite - Debo and Grady are close.

Elite is subjective. To me Grady and Debo are both elite. If you start narrowing the parameters of who is and isn't elite it become s difficult to find elite units anywhere. And no you don't have to have an elite unit to be 7th. You can have a field full of so!id,smart, defenders that are disciplined to.pull that off.

7 hours ago, gazoo said:

That person prob needs to find another past time.

50 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Elite is subjective. To me Grady and Debo are both elite. If you start narrowing the parameters of who is and isn't elite it become s difficult to find elite units anywhere. And no you don't have to have an elite unit to be 7th. You can have a field full of so!id,smart, defenders that are disciplined to.pull that off.

But you are blurring the line of my overall point - which wasn’t whether Grady or Debo are elite - it’s moreso we don’t have elite overall units DL or LB overall.

On 5/10/2019 at 0:32 PM, g-dawg said:

DL - no

LB - no

Secondary - no

Oh.... I see! You DID say Grady and Debo were "elite". Gotcha!!