Cover 1 Author Talks about McGary (Podcast)

36 minutes ago, runshoot said:

If it only it wasn't Aaron. Such a Dbag

LOL.  I don't love all his takes for sure (kinda preachy and seems to love to make controversial arguments from random Tweets) but this episode is not about him.  Eric (Cover 1) does a great job of articulating what he observed and why he thinks it will translate for McGary.  Aaron really is just a host here.

I used to love the podcast when Allen Strk was on there.  Aaron is always so negative no matter what is going on, Allen was more the voice of reason that balanced it out.  Once he left because LockedOn never paid him, it became a very bland, one sided and pessimistic podcast.

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

LOL.  I don't love all his takes for sure (kinda preachy and seems to love to make controversial arguments from random Tweets) but this episode is not about him.  Eric (Cover 1) does a great job of articulating what he observed and why he thinks it will translate for McGary.  Aaron really is just a host here.

Youre right. I listened and it was mostly the guest driven and observations. Pretty OK.

1 hour ago, rings639 said:

I used to love the podcast when Allen Strk was on there.  Aaron is always so negative no matter what is going on, Allen was more the voice of reason that balanced it out.  Once he left because LockedOn never paid him, it became a very bland, one sided and pessimistic podcast.

I so miss that duo.  It was exactly that...balanced.  Aaron was the grumpy old man and Allen was the bright young optimist.  It worked so well.   That said Aaron pumps out a ton of content and even when i vehemently disagree with him, I come away from his podcasts having learned something or he gets me thinking about things I maybe I hadn't thought about.  I can listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity during the day and can turn around and watch the Majority Report and Young Turks at night all for fun...I'm one of those guys who just loves information and doesn't care who is spitting it out.     

I really would like to know what happened between Aaron and Allen.  There are other LockedOn duos out there so weird that Allen was cut out.  I still love that he still does his Twitter cut-ups....still a very insightful young man.

Edited by Monolith2001

11 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I so miss that duo.  It was exactly that...balanced.  Aaron was the grumpy old man and Allen was the bright young optimist.  It worked so well.   That said Aaron pumps out a ton of content and even when i vehemently disagree with him, I come away from his podcasts having learned something or he gets me thinking about things I maybe I hadn't thought about.  I can listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity during the day and can turn around and watch the Majority Report and Young Turks at night all for fun...I'm one of those guys who just loves information and doesn't care who is spitting it out.     

I really would like to know what happened between Aaron and Allen.  There are other LockedOn duos out there so weird that Allen was cut out.  I still love that he still does his Twitter cut-ups....still a very insightful young man.

Aaron has a ton of good info, I just wear thin when he gets a little over confident that his hot takes are right.   I think I take a break from him every few months haha.