Dolphins signed Wilkins

21 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Methinks you just wanted to rub some of his fans the wrong way as well lol

After we found out that the Bengals were possibly thinking about Lindstrom at #11, it became obvious to me that Falcons were trying to move into the #10 slot to take him ahead of the Bengals. They were not moving into the #10 slot to take Wilkins.

So in my opinion there is nothing here to discuss, other than the fact that we might be able to soon sign Lindstrom.

7 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL.  As if the Wilkins signing has any bearing on when we sign Lindstrom.  

It’s so stupid and may be more about sour grapes on not getting Wilkins.  

Do I really have to explain this?  We’ll ink Chris when we’re good & ready.  As if we’re all white knuckles over when this gets done.  Lmao.

I didnt detect any sort of.tone to his post. Actually didnt see.an.opinion given at all, much less one that could be called "sour grapes". With all due respect if OP had a hidden agenda behind it, you played right into it.

I agree we.prob wait post.6/1 to sign him due to cap.restraints, but if someone posted last year that Hayden Hurst signed we would be talking about when Calvin might.

its offseaso n what else is there to talk.abkut?

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Which I.dont understand why picks in.rnd.3-7 sign.quickly but 1st and 2nd rnders take longer. If there is just a template what tames so long? Only reason I could see is waiting for any 6/1 cap relief.

Just little things. Certain gurantees or clauses. Like we heard you like to play basketball so here it says if you play any basketball we can void all your guranteed money. 

On 5/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, FalconAge said:

Methinks you just wanted to rub some of his fans the wrong way as well lol

He probably did that because he knew how bad I wanted for us to draft Wilkins.. I tell ya,, it was ruff when he went right before our pick.. because I think Wilkins will be a one in a decade DT .. But now that I've been looking at our Draft glass, It's great because we got what our team needed MOST..  yes Wilkins will be some kind of force .. But we now have Two monster forces on our OL giving Ryan time to take this team to another SB this year.. So!  We did what needed to be done ..'' And still got a force on the DL with 6-5, 285 John Cominsky  I've thought a lot about this Draft ,and TD&Co. did what they needed to do to help us win it all this year. I love it..  

I will confess this,, I've thought what if we somehow could have gotten this class and Wilkins..?  Would have been a Double Wow factor.. even more than it is right now. But this is the best job TD and Quinn have ever done IMO in any draft for this team EVER. Thank to Thomas and Dan... But the main thing that had to happen this year is to get our awesome OC back.. without that move ,, nothing else would work.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:10 AM, No.11 said:

Does it really? Are you actually suggesting that Wilkins getting signed will influence TD's timetable to sign Lindstrom? Have you forgotten that the FO is still working on retaining Grady Jarrett past 2019, among other things, none of which have anything remotely to do with the Dolphins?

This thread reeks of pettiness.

it actually could have an influence. The pay tables are basically set by slot selection so guys signed right before you can be used as leverage in things like offset language and such. The money is what it is thats why the rookie scale was set into place. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:05 AM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Idu whats wrong? He was picked right before lindstrom. Rookie camp starting. Gives info on a possible timeframe for signing our guy.  Nothing" patetic" about it. 

Yea 'pathetic' is a little much. Especially when the signing does have soooomething to do with our pick..

Buncha bullies I say, lmao