38 posts in this topic

This is my first ever video of anything related to sports. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I know I'm late for this, and I know I have a lot to work on. I went detailed into every team on our schedule. Tell me what you think. 

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Tl;dr

Well TBH I'm going heavy detail about every team on our schedule. It's not supposed to be a quick review. Also Flying Falcon, while I enjoy some of your posts, I know you've been trolling as of late. 

Edited by mqg96

8 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Well TBH I'm going heavy detail about every team on our schedule. It's not supposed to be a quick review. Also Flying Falcon, while I enjoy some of your posts, I know you've been trolling as of late. 

Trolling who?

25 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Trolling who?

The negativity lately. You've been very negative about the Falcons, and you've been saying really bad things about Matt Ryan that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You can be critical, but it's obvious to me that you've been absolutely down on the Falcons lately, but at the same time I still enjoy some of your opinions. I understand the frustration of the Falcons finishing 7-9 last season, but just putting all the blame on one player for that season doesn't make any sense. 

18 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The negativity lately. You've been very negative about the Falcons, and you've been saying really bad things about Matt Ryan that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You can be critical, but it's obvious to me that you've been absolutely down on the Falcons lately, but at the same time I still enjoy some of your opinions. I understand the frustration of the Falcons finishing 7-9 last season, but just putting all the blame on one player for that season doesn't make any sense. 

Negative or truthfully? And Matt is Matt. You see, I see things as the way they are, not through colored glasses. I've been watching the Falcons since the 70's. I know football, so i will call it the way i see it. If its coaching, I will say that. If its execution, I will say that. If a player loses us a game, i will say that. No matter who it is. NO ONE gets a pass. Too old to be giving passes.

I have learned to take my emotions out and look at things in perspective.

You have some great information on there.  Really a lot of effort on your part.  Well done

A bit of advice if you want it.  It’s simply too long unless you’re driving cross country.  I would make this a series and simply do one matchup per week, 6-7 minutes max.  It will keep your audience more engaged.  

Our key is going to be the first 8 games.  We play 5 playoff teams from last year in the first 8 including teams we historically haven't matched up well against in PHI and MIN.  We are lucky the game against SEA is at home.  We usually have a hard time beating the refs out there.  The Rams went to the SB and are young.  Will there be a SB hangover?  If we come out with 5 or 6 wins in the first 8, we should cruise into the playoffs.  The second half of the season has two games against NO (which are always hard fought), two against the Panthers (who DQ has figured out), two against the Bucs (Jameis Winston LOL!), a trip to SF (who could actually be very good), and Jax (if they are relevant it will be a tough game due to that defense. If not, we saw last year how the team just gave up). 

I realize it's May and once September rolls around and the ball kicks off its a new season and none of this really matters, but I'm interested to see how the new beefier OL holds up against Minnesota, Philly, JJ Watt and Clowney with HOU, and Aaron Donald with LA.  Honestly, looking at the DLs we have to face in the first 8 games, I'm **** glad we went OL with our first two picks. 

mqg96 and Jerz #Quinning like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You have some great information on there.  Really a lot of effort on your part.  Well done

A bit of advice if you want it.  It’s simply too long unless you’re driving cross country.  I would make this a series and simply do one matchup per week, 6-7 minutes max.  It will keep your audience more engaged.  

Thank you and appreciate the feedback! Yeah, I know one Falcons guy on YouTube who's pretty well known, and his schedule review took 45 minutes, so about 15 minutes less than mine. When you're covering 16 games and 13 different teams on your schedule, it can be a challenge to not go in depth into a lot of the teams. Most Dawgs or Falcons videos in the future won't be like this. 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

3 hours ago, thamill said:

Our key is going to be the first 8 games.  We play 5 playoff teams from last year in the first 8 including teams we historically haven't matched up well against in PHI and MIN.  We are lucky the game against SEA is at home.  We usually have a hard time beating the refs out there.  The Rams went to the SB and are young.  Will there be a SB hangover?  If we come out with 5 or 6 wins in the first 8, we should cruise into the playoffs.  The second half of the season has two games against NO (which are always hard fought), two against the Panthers (who DQ has figured out), two against the Bucs (Jameis Winston LOL!), a trip to SF (who could actually be very good), and Jax (if they are relevant it will be a tough game due to that defense. If not, we saw last year how the team just gave up). 

I realize it's May and once September rolls around and the ball kicks off its a new season and none of this really matters, but I'm interested to see how the new beefier OL holds up against Minnesota, Philly, JJ Watt and Clowney with HOU, and Aaron Donald with LA.  Honestly, looking at the DLs we have to face in the first 8 games, I'm **** glad we went OL with our first two picks. 

yeah, it is a very tough schedule.  There are very few "gimme wins".

thamill likes this

6 hours ago, mqg96 said:

This is my first ever video of anything related to sports. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I know I'm late for this, and I know I have a lot to work on. I went detailed into every team on our schedule. Tell me what you think. 

@Flying Falcon isn’t trolling. He’s just being him. And this case, he’s right. Listen, if you want honest feedback, the first thing that popped in my head, (and likely his) is that your video is way too long. It’s not that us fans don’t appreciate the effort you put into this. It’s that we don’t have the hour to kill to watch that. Most of the articles or videos that we watch are when we have 5 minutes to kill. Like on a break at work or sitting on the pot. Shorten the video bro. 

papachaz and Flying Falcon like this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

@Flying Falcon isn’t trolling. He’s just being him. And this case, he’s right. Listen, if you want honest feedback, the first thing that popped in my head, (and likely his) is that your video is way too long. It’s not that us fans don’t appreciate the effort you put into this. It’s that we don’t have the hour to kill to watch that. Most of the articles or videos that we watch are when we have 5 minutes to kill. Like on a break at work or sitting on the pot. Shorten the video bro. 

Right. I dont have an hour to watch this. I'm at work, but wanted to see what it was about. 

JD dirtybird21 and papachaz like this

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

yeah, appreciate the effort - but no one is going to listen to an hour long video.  10 minutes is a long video.   Shorten  it to about 5-12 minutes and you will get a lot more traction.

Nice work!!

Most the posters on here that say they dont have the time to watch that long of a video are confused. Most of them seem to live on here. 

thamill and mqg96 like this

24 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, appreciate the effort - but no one is going to listen to an hour long video.  10 minutes is a long video.   Shorten  it to about 5-12 minutes and you will get a lot more traction.

35 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It was intended to be long on purpose. I'm going into depth into 13 different opponents. How is 20 minutes enough time to talk about 13 different opponents and 17 weeks of the schedule? I mean it's no different than this video TBH. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3s-m1SywAc

22 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

It was intended to be long on purpose. I'm going into depth into 13 different opponents. How is 20 minutes enough time to talk about 13 different opponents and 17 weeks of the schedule? I mean it's no different than this video TBH. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3s-m1SywAc

Look I’m just giving you my feedback man. You asked in your OP. Take it or leave it

mikeg272 and Flying Falcon like this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Look I’m just giving you my feedback man. You asked in your OP. Take it or leave it

You still don't get it...... Again, it wasn't meant to be a short brief video. That was never the point of it. If it's a video where I'm only talking about 1 opponent or 1 game, it be a different story. I'm discussing the ENTIRE Falcons schedule which covers 13 different opponents and 17 weeks. That's too much information for only 10 minutes or less. Most of my videos won't cover that many opponents anyway so no worries. It'll be shorter in most topics. 

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I gave my feedback and was called a troll. LOL!!! 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I gave my feedback and was called a troll. LOL!!! 

This is ONE opponent for 13 minutes. So imagine 13 opponents and 17 weeks trying to squeeze into 1 hour. Try focusing on the topic of the video more than the length. Length matters but the topic matters more. Some topics can't be too short depending on what's being discussed. Not all topics are meant to be 5 minutes. 

Edited by mqg96

1 minute ago, Flying Falcon said:

I dont have time to watch an hour video. My attention span isnt that long to begin with.

Break it up then for a whole week. It's possible. It's no different than other media outlets we can't finish for the whole time. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Your feedback is the only one that makes sense to me so far. I agree that I only need to do one match up a week, and that usually occurs whenever we're playing our opponents throughout the season. Whenever schedule releases come out and you're reacting to every opponent on your schedule it's extremely hard for it to not be long. I'm glad you actually payed attention to the topic more than the length, and told me that I need my topics to only be on 1 opponent so the videos can be shortened. That makes a lot more sense. I appreciate that @Falconsin2012 and I'll keep that in mind. 

Edited by mqg96
Falcons In 2012 likes this

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Break it up then for a whole week. It's possible. It's no different than other media outlets we can't finish for the whole time. 

Ok bruh, you win. But I will not be watching an hour long video. But like your dedication towards the video. I'm sure it's nice and informative. I appreciate your effort.