Falconsfan567

Braves at Diamondbacks

257 posts in this topic

Why pull Julio? I realize he struggled a bit in the 6th inning but the pitcher spot is coming up 2nd in the 8th. You could have squeezed another inning out of Julio and saved Winkler for the 8th.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Just been a very disappointing year to say the least. Up to this point at least. Came into the season with expectations that we would compete and so far we have been very average. Definitely still have time, but this has been a frustrating product to watch over the first 39 games or so

Malachore and Drew4719 like this

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

This team doesn’t hit. Nobody talks about that. Pitching. Bulllpen. This teams not hitting. All are at fault. 

The Atlanta sports fan in me has seen this story so many times before. Expectations rise and the team doesn't hit them. Or they make the playoffs, get you excited, then do something stupid and blow it. 

7 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The Atlanta sports fan in me has seen this story so many times before. Expectations rise and the team doesn't hit them. Or they make the playoffs, get you excited, then do something stupid and blow it. 

They don’t hit. It’s really not pitching. The Braves don’t hit. At all. 

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

They don’t hit. It’s really not pitching. The Braves don’t hit. At all. 

Hey we can hit! Just not when it matters and there is anyone on base.

Ozzie is slumping right now but the deal with him is he has too many dang holes left handed. His adjustment there for this season seems to be going with the pitch more instead of just pulling but because of LA that leads to 85-91 fly ball outs at times instead of line drive hits. That said even considering that before his slump he had a .330 xwOBA on that side, which is fine for a weaker side.

Whereas right handed he's a complete hitter with what he can do and has a 94 EV that side. Evaluators almost slapped a 70 on that side.

Yes if I'm the older minor league coordinators that asked him, I'm regretting asking him to switch hit. As it is this isn't as bad as Ender, he'll be Lindor lite, which is perfectly fine at 2B, I think he'll end with a .770ish OPS in the end.

He could've been Mookie Betts if he had kept at it right handed IMO.

Just now, tl;dr said:

never a doubt in my mind. 142-20 comin up 

After we win our 60th straight, I presume the other teams will just start calling in sick.

Great job by the bullpen tonight, Winkler, Newcomb, and Jackson. Great to see Jackson bounce back tonight and get the job done!! Much needed win to get to 4-4 on this trip. If they come home 5-5 or 6-4 then we've got to consider this trip a massive success.

5 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Ozzie is slumping right now but the deal with him is he has too many dang holes left handed. His adjustment there for this season seems to be going with the pitch more instead of just pulling but because of LA that leads to 85-91 fly ball outs at times instead of line drive hits. That said even considering that before his slump he had a .330 xwOBA on that side, which is fine for a weaker side.

Whereas right handed he's a complete hitter with what he can do and has a 94 EV that side. Evaluators almost slapped a 70 on that side.

Yes if I'm the older minor league coordinators that asked him, I'm regretting asking him to switch hit. As it is this isn't as bad as Ender, he'll be Lindor lite, which is perfectly fine at 2B, I think he'll end with a .770ish OPS in the end.

He could've been Mookie Betts if he had kept at it right handed IMO.

Johan Camargo is even worse hitting left-handed and yet no one ever mentions it. Why?

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Johan Camargo is even worse hitting left-handed and yet no one ever mentions it. Why?

It is talked about at one of my places. I don't know as much here since he hasn't been asked but if I have to guess, he was also asked to switch hit. But his profile also changed a lot after he bulked up. 

So yeah it's kinda looking that the Braves dun goofed on asking two guys to switch hit.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Time to respect Julio and give him major props!! Last 4 starts:

25 IP, 15 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 3 HR, 8 BB, 23 SO, 2.88 ERA

Keep it up Julio!! Keep making the haters suck it!!

Some folks needs to channel their inner Outkast and  say Sorry Mr Jackson..you are for real

Luke Jackson did not just get the job done, he looked fantastic. Hopefully he finds that consistently.

Great win lastnight….I was pumped that the bullpen held up!

Let's hope for a easier win today! Go BRAVES!

17 hours ago, jidady said:

After we win our 60th straight, I presume the other teams will just start calling in sick.

Send this to the Phillies and they'll probably just quit. They know what's comin