Falconsfan567

Braves at Diamondbacks

257 posts in this topic

Just now, Jimsmusic™ said:

typical BP looks good.. til bottom of the 9th

Typical you only post when something bad happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I guess hitting him helps?

Can Flowers prove me wrong in a clutch situation please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I am so ready for football season. Another loss because of the bullpen. Thanks AA.

Me too! Always been a huge Falcon's fan for decades. Last year I decided to try to get back into baseball after decades of not following it...thought it would carry me through to fb season with games on almost every night. Well...the Braves sucked me in, thought they were going to be a contender. Now I feel like I'm watching the Falcons of earlier years. I'm better off just waiting for fb season. There's enough heartache there, don't need a double dose...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed what Snitker said last night. DOB said Snitker indicated Minter will be in AAA very soon. Snitker believes Minter missing Spring has him out of whack and he needs time to work out the kinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Just noticed what Snitker said last night. DOB said Snitker indicated Minter will be in AAA very soon. Snitker believes Minter missing Spring has him out of whack and he needs time to work out the kinks.

This isn’t directed at you but that’s some straight BS by Snitker and the organization to manage Minters fragile psyche. Seriously? 1/4 of the season almost gone and we’re talking about Spring Training? Aren’t these guys professionals? This is so made up. I know the game has changed but it hasn’t changed THAT MUCH. So made up. He’s just flat out not getting it done and it has nothing to do with spring training. So made up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

This isn’t directed at you but that’s some straight BS by Snitker and the organization to manage Minters fragile psyche. Seriously? 1/4 of the season almost gone and we’re talking about Spring Training? Aren’t these guys professionals? This is so made up. I know the game has changed but it hasn’t changed THAT MUCH. So made up. He’s just flat out not getting it done and it has nothing to do with spring training. So made up. 

I dont think they're talking about anything mental. They're just saying its possible that his mechanics are out of whack because he didnt have the proper time to work off the rust and get in a good routine. Either way hes definitely got to go back down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

typical BP looks good.. til bottom of the 9th

That's what happens when you have no closer.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I dont think they're talking about anything mental. They're just saying its possible that his mechanics are out of whack because he didnt have the proper time to work off the rust and get in a good routine. Either way hes definitely got to go back down. 

Agreed on the last part. No matter the reasons though it’s not working so yes he’s got to go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I only saw the 5th and 6th, but Soroka didn't look as sharp as he has in the past.

Pretty awesome that I can say a pitcher isn't looking that sharp and he can go 6 innings of 1 run ball. This kid is special folks. 

He's 21, and he pitches like he expects to get every hitter out. It's glorious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E. T. said:

If the Braves can stop beating themselves, we can get back on track!

 

To be fair, Arizona was just better than us last night. They were 0-13 with runners in scoring position last night. That game shouldn't have been close.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Just noticed what Snitker said last night. DOB said Snitker indicated Minter will be in AAA very soon. Snitker believes Minter missing Spring has him out of whack and he needs time to work out the kinks.

What bothers me, is why do we have to lose multiple games a quarter way through the season because of one person before we make a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jidady said:

He's 21, and he pitches like he expects to get every hitter out. It's glorious.

If only the other pitchers could figure out what Max Fried and Mike Soroka have figured out. They got to the majors by just being themselves and trusting their stuff and trusting that if the hitter hits it the defense will turn it into an out. It's the Greg Maddux philosophy of pitching. His idea of a perfect game was 27 groundball outs to the SS on 27 pitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jidady said:

Here's the best thing about Soroka. After 29 2/3 innings, he has a WHIP of 1.04. 

He gave up only 1 run in 6 innings and his ERA went up!! That's incredible!!! But that WHIP is incredible too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now