Falconsfan567

Braves at Diamondbacks

257 posts in this topic

Thursday - May 9 - 9:40 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Mike Soroka (3-1, 1.14) vs. Luke Weaver (3-1, 3.29)

Friday - May 10 - 9:40 PM - Fox Sports South

• Julio Teheran (2-4, 4.63) vs. Zack Greinke (5-1, 3.42)

Saturday - May 11 - 8:10 PM - Fox Sports South

• Kevin Gausman (1-3, 5.00) vs. Merrill Kelly (3-3, 4.85)

Sunday - May 12 - 4:10 PM - Fox Sports South

• TBA vs. TBA

Sunday would be Max Fried's turn in the rotation. If he can't go then we'll probably see either Sean Newcomb or Kyle Wright take that turn. I don't know who's turn it would be for the Diamondbacks.

Braves did well against Arizona in Atlanta but the bullpen couldn't hold a lead to save their lives. Hopefully the revamped pen can hold the lead this time because we need wins. Also hope to see Culberson get some of Camargo's starts. Culberson is hitting .375, Camargo .220/.281/.329. Outside of his two clutch hits Johan just hasn't done much this year.

The west coast jinx....Hopefully we can break out of it tonight! 

I'm down to see Culberson get more time, his bat is needed! Let's go BRAVES!!!

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I'm not going to read too much into the Dodgers series. We always suck there

Unfortunately the road to the World Series for us seems to go through LA. 

2 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Every time seems like. When we make the playoffs the Dodgers seem to find their way into the opposite seed. I'm ready to play a Central team for once.

4 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure we have a WS team anyways. I think we are going the way the Astros did a few years ago. Playoffs, no playoffs, then make a serious run 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah, but I'm not sure we have a WS team anyways. I think we are going the way the Astros did a few years ago. Playoffs, no playoffs, then make a serious run 

Agreed.  Youth still has to mature, and eventually we have to trim the dead weight, and sign a few key vets.  I’m not sold on Snit at all.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Agreed.  Youth still has to mature, and eventually we have to trim the dead weight, and sign a few key vets.  I’m not sold on Snit at all.

Yep. Completely agree on Snit. I'm not a fan 

Falconsfan567 likes this

LOVE these Diamondbacks uniforms. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to get Glavine/Maddux vs. Johnson/Schilling. 

Used to have my parents record these late games and I would wake up the next day and watch them. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Dang it, that was a homer... 

If we could sweep the D-backs I really would feel so much better. But I expect 2/4 is about what we will get

22 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

LOVE these Diamondbacks uniforms. Reminds me of when I was a kid and we used to get Glavine/Maddux vs. Johnson/Schilling. 

Used to have my parents record these late games and I would wake up the next day and watch them. 

They should have never changed them. But they went with the trend of most of the teams in the late 90s/early 2000s and added black to the road uniforms a year or so later (2003 or 2004) and then eventually we ended up with the black and red. So glad that trend disappeared. It was so stupid seeing teams that didn't have black as one of their colors start wearing black.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They should have never changed them. But they went with the trend of most of the teams in the late 90s/early 2000s and added black to the road uniforms a year or so later (2003 or 2004) and then eventually we ended up with the black and red. So glad that trend disappeared. It was so stupid seeing teams that didn't have black as one of their colors start wearing black.

That was a trend across every sport it felt like. I miss some of the old uniforms. The Marlins old uniforms and old logo was pretty cool. The Diamondbacks old jersey is still one of my favorites though

I only saw the 5th and 6th, but Soroka didn't look as sharp as he has in the past.

Pretty awesome that I can say a pitcher isn't looking that sharp and he can go 6 innings of 1 run ball. This kid is special folks. 

Heck yes!! Great job Donaldson!! Mike Soroka wasn't very sharp and didn't have his good stuff tonight and still gave up only 1 run in 6 innings!! This kid is a stud!! Future Cy Young winner!!

tl;dr likes this

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

That was a trend across every sport it felt like. I miss some of the old uniforms. The Marlins old uniforms and old logo was pretty cool. The Diamondbacks old jersey is still one of my favorites though

Yes!! All sports went to that stupid black trend. Thankfully it passed in baseball and teams like the A's, Mets, and Royals stopped wearing black.

I'm also a big fan of the sleeveless look!! Always wanted to see the Braves break out an alternate sleeveless look. That was a big trend in baseball at one point too but nobody wears their uniforms like that on a regular basis anymore.

I wish the Mets and Indians would go back to their uniforms from the 80s. I wish the Padres, Pirates, and Marlins would go back to their uniforms from the 90s. Although I will say that I do like the Marlins new uniforms this year. The red, teal, and black looks sharp.

tl;dr likes this

Man I would LOVE to see Newcomb and Touki come out of the pen this year. I feel that would instantly improve our pen