AF89

Atlanta United Summer thread (2019)

107 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Vazquez and Pereira should be enough, provided the midfield and defense isn't gutted.

Vazquez is out too. And Tito probably isn't ready for much more than 15 mins .

We really don't have a striker at the moment

Just when your done with LGP after his ****ing umpteenth free kick given up or turnover he wins that one on one battle and your like...alright

That was an interesting formation FdB deployed, having Pity and Barco play up front with Hyndman as the attacking midfielder. Seemed to work well.

6 hours ago, No.11 said:

That was an interesting formation FdB deployed, having Pity and Barco play up front with Hyndman as the attacking midfielder. Seemed to work well.

We'll almost certainly have to employ it again this weekend against Yankees Fc. 

Somewhat worried thier underselling the severity of Josef's injury the way they did with Barco and Tito. For now he's lisred as day to day tho

For all the talent we have, we should be scoring more goals than squeaking out 2-1 nail biters against a team that for the most part we were passing circles around.

58 minutes ago, AF89 said:

This is priceless for our international footprint.  That was the most popular team in Mexico and they were freaking going for it.

Yep, huge win. Took their best shot and one-upped them. Great match.

AF89 likes this

12 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Yep, huge win. Took their best shot and one-upped them. Great match.

Gonna be alot of "hope it was worth it" takes if we drop points Sunday but honestly...I think it was

Might get more Latin America name recognition from just this one little ol game than any two MLS cups.

I mean this could be for Atlanta United what the Fiesta Bowl did for Boise State (for the brand)

Warmed my heart to see how excited Pity was to lift that trophy. This is a man with a Copa Libertadores (in what was the most hyped soccer game in the history of the western hemisphere) to his resume

No.11 likes this

Another tough stretch coming up, I'd be tempted to rotate the lineup Friday to rest for the Open Cup Final except it's Orlando

Minnesota brought a TON of fans that really shouted down the far side but that final 10 minutes was about as deafening as I've ever experienced

by and by I'm glad I don't have to sit here and grouse about how this ref stole a trophy from us tonight.  Absolute **** show of a performance from that crew.

I'll assume they got the correct calls on those offsides but he let a Minny midfielder on a yellow go studs up on Remedi's ankle which is a second yellow on any level in any league in the world but then gives a second yellow to Lgp on deliberate but very soft foul. (Which was oh so stupid on LGP but the ref suddenly wants to call it tight? gtfo)

No.11 likes this

6 hours ago, AF89 said:

by and by I'm glad I don't have to sit here and grouse about how this ref stole a trophy from us tonight.  Absolute **** show of a performance from that crew.

I'll assume they got the correct calls on those offsides but he let a Minny midfielder on a yellow go studs up on Remedi's ankle which is a second yellow on any level in any league in the world but then gives a second yellow to Lgp on deliberate but very soft foul. (Which was oh so stupid on LGP but the ref suddenly wants to call it tight? gtfo)

Yeah, both squads should have been playing with ten men (well, assuming the game wouldn't have been put out of reach by then). Ref basically kept Minny in it, because ATL was running circles around them.

AF89 likes this

News leaked earlier this week that Ramsey requested a trade after getting into a heated argument with coach Doug Marrone on the sideline during their loss to the Texans on Sunday. 

reddit nfl streams