AF89

Atlanta United Summer thread (2019)

107 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Domed Outter said:

I'd be covering the nod across the box from that type of cross, just seemed it took Guzan a split second too long to work out where the ball was going.

He did what he was supposed to do and covered the near post. That ball was bending and dipping too fast for Guzan to make a play on it, but he maintained good position to force a very difficult header that barely got in. Robinson gave Barlow too much space. He gets in tighter and there's no way Barlow scores at that angle.

This is a team that needs a little rest badly tho.

if not for the red card I wouldn't even be sweating the 1-0 loss but you have to at least get a point there. Also our South American player of the year has GOT to put that cross from Brek in the back of the net. That would have changed everything. 

It's kinda shttty that every single opponent in this congested run  (going coast to coast 3 times since Monday) gets more rest than us <_<

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Still looking a step slower to every ball. Playing the way they are 1-0 seems like a tall order to overcome

Ugly game all around. Passes are not being completed, touches are horrible, no inspiration from ATL tonight. 

This ref is a dumb motherf***** ball goes off Guz's water bottle clean off the shot, clearly a goal kick and he says corner 

MLS yall:rolleyes:

Not sure we deserved points tonight but a draw would've felt pretty good the way we played for 75 mins but we sorta arguably became the better team for that final stretch but dam,  that was a hellava shot 

Good win, hopefully this will get Josef's finishing touch going and like last year his goals will come in droves.

Man Parky had himself a day.

Already bested last year's shutout mark, and don't look now but Atlanta is in first place with games in hand (this will probably change later tonight but still)

Argentina eliminated from the u-20 world cup quarterfinals today (USA beat France btw) so Barco will be on his way back soon. He had a really good tournament to the point where I'm not sure how much longer he'll be in Atlanta as we're probably going to start getting tons of offers from Europe. 

Also none of our Americans are on the Gold Cup roster,  Tito wont be ready in time for the South American tournament, Pity didnt make the final Argentina cut and even Romario is not on the roster for Jamaica so the only player we might be losing for a few games this month is Josef, which as much as that sucks it looked like we'd be missing most of our team for a bit there when the initial international rosters were announced so that's not too bad.

With so much rest before and after, wouldn't be surprised if we put out a strong 18 for next week's Open Cup in Charleston. (If nothing else to keep from getting rusty)

It's criminal that Robinson isn't getting USMNT attention tho. (Obviously glad to keep him but that still feels really wrong)

We'll be playing USL side St Loius in the Open Cup quarterfinals in Kennesaw (they upset both Chicago Fire and Fc Cincy)

I say we go for this trophy

Oof that might be the worst 10 mins in the history of soccer this side of Thailand. 

FdB got cute with the formation and lineup and it absolutely bit back (and took your most important CB out for Sunday pending a red card appeal)

Whelp we gambled, trying to steal minutes...and we lost. They better get 3 points Sunday. ..or they pretty much just threw points away tonight for nothing. 

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Oof that might be the worst 10 mins in the history of soccer this side of Thailand. 

FdB got cute with the formation and lineup and it absolutely bit back (and took your most important CB out for Sunday pending a red card appeal)

Whelp we gambled, trying to steal minutes...and we lost. They better get 3 points Sunday. ..or they pretty much just threw points away tonight for nothing. 

That was ugly. FdB better stop messing around and get consistent results.

Well if there's any light at the end of the tunnel is Red Bulls are struggling tonight as well and might be even more shorthanded than we are Sunday

13 minutes ago, No.11 said:

That was ugly. FdB better stop messing around and get consistent results.

Tata would sometimes frustrate me with this too but 3 points is 3 points and it's frustrating to watch us punt a game against a team that was winless on thier last 6. 

Put out your best lineup and go for it. It's worth just as many points as beating New York (particularly as the Shield is pretty much already LAFCs).

Going to look real stupid when/if we struggle against Red Bulls system (as we usually do) and get 0 points out of 6.

Edit: WOW Redbulls double red carded tonight! I didn't think it was possible to have a worse night than we had

annnd just like that we gave away a 90+ minute miracle by Josef.<_<

Back line has been absolute trash since the intl break. I love all Parky has done for us but this game flipped after Pogba's injury. He played a part in all three goals allowed. (Tho the last is 75% on Robinson who got caught ball watching) It's time to retire bud.

Getting our first look at Hyndman tonight. Probably Nagbe's eventual replacement

Frank is rolling out a pretty first choice lineup tonight in Kennesaw which I kinda like. We're sort of in a spot where we should be comfortably in the playoffs but top seeds chances may be shrinking. 

So why not go for this trophy

Lmao, Orlando and NYFC are in a shootout to see who advances to the semifinals and NYFC won the toss and put it at the empty section of the stadium so Orlando's supporter groups literally packed up and ran through the concourse to the other end of the stadium to a man. I've never seen that before :lol:

anyway either us or Orlando will be in the  Open cup final