Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew4719

ESPN Post-Draft Power Rankings Are Finally Out

18 posts in this topic

9. Atlanta Falcons

Projected wins: 8.4
Chance to make playoffs: 41.8 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: Offensive line. The Falcons really invested in the line both through the draft and via free agency. They drafted Chris Lindstrom No. 14 overall as a guard with toughness, then followed by trading back into the end of the first round to select tackle Kaleb McGary. The Falcons also signed a dependable veteran guard in James Carpenter along with guard Jamon Brown. Lindstrom and Carpenter should start at the guard spots, and McGary has the opportunity to start at right tackle if he outperforms Ty Sambrailo. -- Vaughn McClure

https://es.pn/2vKX00C

Don't put too much into this.  Just look at their post-2018 draft rankings:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx180508/nfl-power-rankings-risers-fallers-2018-draft

Eagles #1, Vikings #5, Jaguars #7, Falcons #8

There is so much more to teams than just projected future performances based on talent and prior history.

thamill and PokerSteve like this

I actually thought we were not that far away in 2018.  Tons of injuries really decimated our chances.  And we still won 7 games.  

We are poised to get back to double digit wins.

If we stay healthy, I would be shocked if we didn't win 10+ games

PokerSteve and Kaptain Krazy like this

2 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

I actually thought we were not that far away in 2018.  Tons of injuries really decimated our chances.  And we still won 7 games.  

Better coaching we would have won 9 even with the injuries. 

We should be a 12 win team in ‘19. 

3 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

9. Atlanta Falcons

Projected wins: 8.4
Chance to make playoffs: 41.8 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: Offensive line. The Falcons really invested in the line both through the draft and via free agency. They drafted Chris Lindstrom No. 14 overall as a guard with toughness, then followed by trading back into the end of the first round to select tackle Kaleb McGary. The Falcons also signed a dependable veteran guard in James Carpenter along with guard Jamon Brown. Lindstrom and Carpenter should start at the guard spots, and McGary has the opportunity to start at right tackle if he outperforms Ty Sambrailo. -- Vaughn McClure

https://es.pn/2vKX00C

no mention of our Defensive guys coming back, that's why we were 7-9 in the first place

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ll see those projected 8.4 wins and raise you 1.6 more.

I also raise our playoff chances to 80%

Falconsin2012 likes this

5 hours ago, Gee-Q said:

We would never have won consistantly with that HC,, We will improve I'd say 30% just because of our new OC .... I think we'll make it to the play offs and by then we might even make it further ... 

but we have to have a very good Kicker.. A must,, IMO.. so underrated , ,just like the OC. Very underrated. 

thamill likes this

6 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Don't put too much into this.  Just look at their post-2018 draft rankings:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx180508/nfl-power-rankings-risers-fallers-2018-draft

Eagles #1, Vikings #5, Jaguars #7, Falcons #8

There is so much more to teams than just projected future performances based on talent and prior history.

Yeah but... The final four teams from last year were all in the Top ten so there's that.

However, with that said, this IS ESP(suk)N so I really don't put much into anything they say. 

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

6 hours ago, athell said:

"Finally" as if anyone was waiting on this garbo :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Surprise that anyone still watches/reads anything by ESPN at this point.

52 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

Do they have parades and rings for Power Rankings champions?

Good grief guys, I know Power Rankings don’t mean anything. I’m just the messenger, somebody had to post it.

26 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

Good grief guys, I know Power Rankings don’t mean anything. I’m just the messenger, somebody had to post it.

We know it's not you. It's just that I don't think anyone really listens to what ESPN has to say anymore.

athell, Drew4719 and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, Sandy5prings said:

Do they have parades and rings for Power Rankings champions?

Bro I've been on TATF since 2001. We got at least 15 TATF Paper Championships. 2019 in the bag.