FalconsIn2012

Missed This Dude -

242 posts in this topic

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well, it isn’t training camp yet. And Allen is coming off a major injury....we shall see

Quinn already called him the starting FS.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

lol...how so?  3 turnovers in the 5 biggest games.  Those should count more.  Rico also missed the entire year so his numbers would be even better.  

Because Earl doesn't have playoff games to compare it to. Also Earl missed the entire year too, stop ignoring that and he was still able to get 3 int's while Rico sat back and did nothing.

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Season is a long ways away...

Truth.  If Kazee beat him out, I’d be good with it.  I think Sheffield in a year or two is the more likely replacement for Rico

Jared Goff had a better year than Ryan last year, he must be just as good as him right? I mean that is if you count playoffs. 

See how ridiculous that is? You can't punish a player because his team didn't make the playoffs and reward another because he was able to do what Earl did with MORE games, that's not equal at all. Earl had 3 int's in 4 GAMES. That ties Rico's best season in just 4 games. Don't even try to compare the two because Rico is not on Earl's level.

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just in regular nickel they'll be on the field. Kazee is the nickel back man. It's not big nickel then.

Kazee would play 3rd safety in our “Big Nickel” grouping, with three safeties, two cornerbacks, two off-the-line linebackers and four defensive linemen.

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Jared Goff had a better year than Ryan last year, he must be just as good as him right? I mean that is if you count playoffs. 

See how ridiculous that is? You can't punish a player because his team didn't make the playoffs and reward another because he was able to do what Earl did with MORE games, that's not equal at all. Earl had 3 int's in 4 GAMES. That ties Rico's best season in just 4 games. Don't even try to compare the two because Rico is not on Earl's level.

Where are you going with this?  

And Ryan was better than Goff last year.  In every stat but wins

1989Fan and Osiruz like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kazee would play 3rd safety in our “Big Nickel” grouping, with three safeties, two cornerbacks, two off-the-line linebackers and four defensive linemen.

Or he'd just be the nickel back in nickel. You know the spot Quinn said he'd play? Nickel, which is the exact same as your "big nickel" but it's just nickel because Kazee is a CB who plays nickel back. 

Where are you going with this?  

And Ryan was better than Goff last year.  In every stat but wins

Goff beats Ryan in yards and is close in TD's when you count playoffs. So Goff was better according to you. 

And if you can't see where I'm going with that the reread it my dude. Rico isn't Earl. Please stop trying to compare the two. It's like if Saints fan tried to compare Analoze to Debo.

Knight of God likes this

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Goff beats Ryan in yards and is close in TD's when you count playoffs. So Goff was better according to you. 

And if you can't see where I'm going with that the reread it my dude. Rico isn't Earl. Please stop trying to compare the two. It's like if Saints fan tried to compare Analoze to Debo.

Well I used a 3 year sample size, but ok.  If you want to even out ET’s playoff games.  Compare 2015-2017.  Rico had 9 TO’s created, ET had 11.

And I’m not comparing the two in terms of overall player.  Just tired of ppl saying Rico doesn’t impact the game

Well I used a 3 year sample size, but ok.  If you want to even out ET’s playoff games.  Compare 2015-2017.  Rico had 9 TO’s created, ET had 11.

And I’m not comparing the two in terms of overall player.  Just tired of ppl saying Rico doesn’t impact the game

We were in the playoffs '16 and '17

Earl was in the playoffs in '15

How is that even?

Stop comparing the playoff games and just do regular season like any normal person. There's a reason playoff stats don't get counted or when someone mentions it they say *including playoffs* but those stats don't go in the record books. They'll go in the playoff records because they count it as an entirely different season. A season some players don't have the privilege to have.

12 TO by Earl (just regular season idk where you got 11)

6 By Rico

Earl doubles Rico.

Doobs likes this

All I'm saying is this Rico has 7 career interceptions, Kazee got that in 1 year. But the biggest knack I see on Kazee is "he doesn't get people in position, he doesn't know the scheme like Rico, etc" well yeah? Obviously? He played FS for one year and Rico has been there 4 years. I hear y'all talk about letting players take lumps and develop but y'all don't wanna do that for Kazee. I think some of y'all see yourself in Rico too much and want him to be good. You see a guy who isn't the most athletic but he works hard, does his job, and doesn't get beat deep. So y'all love that for some reason.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

We were in the playoffs '16 and '17

Earl was in the playoffs in '15

How is that even?

Stop comparing the playoff games and just do regular season like any normal person. There's a reason playoff stats don't get counted or when someone mentions it they say *including playoffs* but those stats don't go in the record books. They'll go in the playoff records because they count it as an entirely different season. A season some players don't have the privilege to have.

12 TO by Earl (just regular season idk where you got 11)

6 By Rico

Earl doubles Rico.

I’m pretty normal

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m pretty normal

Then stop dancing on the Rico soap box and saying "Rico got 60% of Earl's production while playing more games!!!" And acting like that's a win my dude.

Allen.                         

Neal

Trufant.                                              Oliver

Campbell.   Debo.    Vic

Clayborn Hageman Jarret McKinley 

^ this could be lethal

Just now, falconfreek123 said:

Allen.                         

Neal

Trufant.                                              Oliver

Campbell.   Debo.    Vic

Clayborn Hageman Jarret McKinley 

^ this could be lethal

Yeah if Vic blitzes. Otherwise he's gonna get burnt in coverage, have 4 sacks and the board will melt down after we miss the playoffs.

falconfreek123 likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Never said he was a bum. He’s a nice story. But the reality is, the falcons can do better. You say he plays well in our scheme, and I actually disagree. Kazee is way better for this scheme

Kazee missed lots of tackles and missed assignments. But yeah, he grabbed a lot of tipped passes... 

1 minute ago, Dem Birds said:

Kazee missed lots of tackles and missed assignments. But yeah, he grabbed a lot of tipped passes... 

Don't start that because Rico's interceptions come off a tips too.

Also I'll repeat.

All I'm saying is this Rico has 7 career interceptions, Kazee got that in 1 year. But the biggest knack I see on Kazee is "he doesn't get people in position, he doesn't know the scheme like Rico, etc" well yeah? Obviously? He played FS for one year and Rico has been there 4 years. I hear y'all talk about letting players take lumps and develop but y'all don't wanna do that for Kazee.

JD dirtybird21 and Vandy like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Don't start that because Rico's interceptions come off a tips too.

Also I'll repeat.

All I'm saying is this Rico has 7 career interceptions, Kazee got that in 1 year. But the biggest knack I see on Kazee is "he doesn't get people in position, he doesn't know the scheme like Rico, etc" well yeah? Obviously? He played FS for one year and Rico has been there 4 years. I hear y'all talk about letting players take lumps and develop but y'all don't wanna do that for Kazee.

I like Kazee but we have someone capable of playing free safety, Kazee can move back to nickel. 

Just now, Dem Birds said:

I like Kazee but we have someone capable of playing free safety, Kazee can move back to nickel. 

Why can't Rico move to nickel? He even got one of his career interceptions at nickel. He's better there imo. Was all over the ball that game.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Why can't Rico move to nickel? He even got one of his career interceptions at nickel. He's better there imo. Was all over the ball that game.

Luckily we have two guys that can do both at a high level. It's not just Ricardo's experience though that makes him great at playing free safety. He's smart and he works harder than anyone on the team in the playbook. Kazee works hard I'm sure but everyone doesn't have the same recall. Ricardo Allen is special in that regard. Does he have the same hands? I don't know, but he had 13 picks in college, a respectable number so he's definitely capable of causing turnovers. But Kazee got one off a running back pass to Baker Mayfield. All interceptions aren't created equal 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Luckily we have two guys that can do both at a high level. It's not just Ricardo's experience though that makes him great at playing free safety. He's smart and he works harder than anyone on the team in the playbook. Kazee works hard I'm sure but everyone doesn't have the same recall. Ricardo Allen is special in that regard. Does he have the same hands? I don't know, but he had 13 picks in college, a respectable number so he's definitely capable of causing turnovers. But Kazee got one off a running back pass to Baker Mayfield. All interceptions aren't created equal 

And Rico got one off of Russell Wilson throwing while he was being hit. It goes both ways man.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

And Rico got one off of Russell Wilson throwing while he was being hit. It goes both ways man.

That's just playing center field though. Kazee got one off of Winstons ridiculous overthrow if we are doing that lol. Honestly neither of them are jumping routes but they both tend to make the play when it's there. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

That's just playing center field though. Kazee got one off of Winstons ridiculous overthrow if we are doing that lol. Honestly neither of them are jumping routes but they both tend to make the play when it's there. 

Again Rico got one off of a tip against the Eagles. Like I said it goes both ways. But an INT is an INT. Kazee gets more.