Falcons Fan MVP

I just did my 2019 NFL predictions! Feel free to leave your 2019 NFL predictions if you have any.

41 posts in this topic

I got the Falcons over the Patriots in the super bowl 27-13. I think the Falcons will finish the season 13-3 with losses to the Vikings, Cardinals(trap game), and at the Saints. Devona Freeman and Itto Smith will run wild in 2019 behind our new o line I predict! Julio and Ridley will do their thing along with Hooper. Defense will start off average but get hot at playoff time. Special teams will improve tremendously.

NFC playoffs I got Falcons getting #1 seed and beating the 49ers 34-21 and Packers 31-19 in the NFCCG. Rams, Falcons, Cowboys and Packers are division winners. Saints and Niners wild card.

AFC playoffs. I got the Patriots getting the #3 seed. I think it will be Patriots over the Colts 20-17 in the AFCCG. I think the Chiefs and Ravens get #1 and #2 seed but both of them get eliminated early. I think Pittsburgh will be in the playoffs. and jets or bills get a wildcard spot. Most likely the jets.

Seahawks and Brown's both finish 8-8

Bears, Vikings, and Eagles all miss the playoffs.

Bengals get the worst NFL record at 2-14.

What's your guys predictions for the 2019 season?

Skeetbird likes this

I like the optimism.  Super Bowl appearance isn’t particularly far fetched.  Beating the Patriots by 2 touchdowns is, though.  

It would be a one score game, one way or the other

PokerSteve likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I like the optimism.  Super Bowl appearance isn’t particularly far fetched.  Beating the Patriots by 2 touchdowns is, though.  

It would be a one score game, one way or the other

Not really. The Patriots are about as basic as it comes to NFL Teams. Belichick just outsmarts most coaches. We dominated them in the Super Bowl, but Billy knew that letting this fool's ego beat him would work as well. 

35 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Not really. The Patriots are about as basic as it comes to NFL Teams. Belichick just outsmarts most coaches. We dominated them in the Super Bowl, but Billy knew that letting this fool's ego beat him would work as well. 

lol...can you tell me the last time they were beat by two touchdowns?

you are pretty close.  I got the Falcons winning the Superbowl ( as I posted in a thread I created about it).  Their path is a little different than I thought ( I had the defense being more dominant) but I see what they are doing offensively and it appears they are gonna be more of a ball control offense and limit the amount of time the defense is on the field...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

you are pretty close.  I got the Falcons winning the Superbowl ( as I posted in a thread I created about it).  Their path is a little different than I thought ( I had the defense being more dominant) but I see what they are doing offensively and it appears they are gonna be more of a ball control offense and limit the amount of time the defense is on the field...

I never saw that thread. Who do you think the Falcons will face at super bowl 54?

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

We definetly could do that I think. Dan Quinn coached a defense that held Peyton Manning to 8 points and Tom Brady to 3 points for almost 3 quarters. We might need Tom Brady to show his age just a little bit for this to happen.

PokerSteve likes this

9 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I got the Falcons over the Patriots in the super bowl 27-13. I think the Falcons will finish the season 13-3 with losses to the Vikings, Cardinals(trap game), and at the Saints. Devona Freeman and Itto Smith will run wild in 2019 behind our new o line I predict! Julio and Ridley will do their thing along with Hooper. Defense will start off average but get hot at playoff time. Special teams will improve tremendously.

NFC playoffs I got Falcons getting #1 seed and beating the 49ers 34-21 and Packers 31-19 in the NFCCG. Rams, Falcons, Cowboys and Packers are division winners. Saints and Niners wild card.

AFC playoffs. I got the Patriots getting the #3 seed. I think it will be Patriots over the Colts 20-17 in the AFCCG. I think the Chiefs and Ravens get #1 and #2 seed but both of them get eliminated early. I think Pittsburgh will be in the playoffs. and jets or bills get a wildcard spot. Most likely the jets.

Seahawks and Brown's both finish 8-8

Bears, Vikings, and Eagles all miss the playoffs.

Bengals get the worst NFL record at 2-14.

What's your guys predictions for the 2019 season?

sounds good.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I never saw that thread. Who do you think the Falcons will face at super bowl 54?

Chargers or Colts...

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

November 11, 2018 .... to the Titans.

2 minutes ago, SexualChocolate said:

November 11, 2018 .... to the Titans.

It actually happened twice last year.  Surprised

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It actually happened twice last year.  Surprised

I'm not. Folks act like Tom Brady never throws interceptions and that the Patriots never lose or get it handed to them.

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not. Folks act like Tom Brady never throws interceptions and that the Patriots never lose or get it handed to them.

It’s rare. 3 times in 3 years

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We definetly could do that I think. Dan Quinn coached a defense that held Peyton Manning to 8 points and Tom Brady to 3 points for almost 3 quarters. We might need Tom Brady to show his age just a little bit for this to happen.

Hage, Clayborn, Crawford, Takk and the boys gonna make him feel his age if we can just get back to the SB.

FalconJim and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s rare. 3 times in 3 years

• 2018 - Week 2 - at Jaguars - L by 11 Points
  • 2018 - Week 3 - at Lions - L by 16 Points
  • 2018 - Week 11 - at Titans - L by 24 Points
  • 2017 - Week 1 - vs. Chiefs - L by 15 Points
  • 2016 - Week 4 - vs. Bills - L by 16 Points (Shutout)
  • 2015 - Week 17 - at Dolphins - L by 10 Points

Those are all the games the Patriots have lost by at least 10 points since 2014. The one thing that is common in most of them is that they're road games. Just to compare it to the Falcons.

• 2018 - Week 5 - at Steelers - L by 24 Points
  • 2018 - Week 10 - at Browns - L by 12 Points
  • 2018 - Week 12 - at Saints - L by 14 Points
  • 2018 - Week 13 - vs. Ravens - L by 10 Points
  • 2018 - Week 14 - at Packers - L by 14 Points
  • 2017 - Week 7 - at Patriots - L by 16 Points
  • 2017 - Week 16 - at Saints - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 6 - at Saints - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 12 - vs. Vikings - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 14 - at Panthers - L by 38 Points (Shutout)

That's 6 for the Patriots and 10 for the Falcons. I'm actually pretty surprised it's that close. Same thing can said about the Falcons is that most of those games are road games. I think it just proves to folks exactly how hard it is to win road games in the NFL.

BTW, you and I might have different opinions of what it means to get it handed to you, but I consider any loss by at least 10 points to fall into the getting it handed to you category. This is the NFL after all and most games are 1 score games.

FalconsIn2012 and mqg96 like this

I'm not so sure there is any more magic left in NE. 4 straight super bowls is hard, even with the AFC, but who knows. Once they get to the playoffs they become unstoppable.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:
  • 2018 - Week 2 - at Jaguars - L by 11 Points
  • 2018 - Week 3 - at Lions - L by 16 Points
  • 2018 - Week 11 - at Titans - L by 24 Points
  • 2017 - Week 1 - vs. Chiefs - L by 15 Points
  • 2016 - Week 4 - vs. Bills - L by 16 Points (Shutout)
  • 2015 - Week 17 - at Dolphins - L by 10 Points

Those are all the games the Patriots have lost by at least 10 points since 2014. The one thing that is common in most of them is that they're road games. Just to compare it to the Falcons.

• 2018 - Week 5 - at Steelers - L by 24 Points
  • 2018 - Week 10 - at Browns - L by 12 Points
  • 2018 - Week 12 - at Saints - L by 14 Points
  • 2018 - Week 13 - vs. Ravens - L by 10 Points
  • 2018 - Week 14 - at Packers - L by 14 Points
  • 2017 - Week 7 - at Patriots - L by 16 Points
  • 2017 - Week 16 - at Saints - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 6 - at Saints - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 12 - vs. Vikings - L by 10 Points
  • 2015 - Week 14 - at Panthers - L by 38 Points (Shutout)

That's 6 for the Patriots and 10 for the Falcons. I'm actually pretty surprised it's that close. Same thing can said about the Falcons is that most of those games are road games. I think it just proves to folks exactly how hard it is to win road games in the NFL.

BTW, you and I might have different opinions of what it means to get it handed to you, but I consider any loss by at least 10 points to fall into the getting it handed to you category. This is the NFL after all and most games are 1 score games.

This is why I like Quinn as a coach.  Until last year, most of our losses are 1 score games 

Falconsfan567 likes this

11-5 and going 4-2 in the division with a sweep of the yucs and splitting with the taints and panties