Back where his NFL career started and faded, Ra’Shede Hageman will grapple with — and try to atone for — his past

vel

Who doesn't love a good redemption story.  I hope he is as sincere as it sounds, as some demons run super deep and can be a daily struggle to keep away from.  Where he goes from here is completely up to him.  I feel like the brotherhood will be behind him 100%, and if he puts in the work he will get every opportunity to contribute with our thin depth on the d-line this year.     

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Too long a read and I'm a slow learner, does this mean Hags is going to be a beast for us this season?

I hope so, I'm pulling for him/us as a team to do so.

Tl/dr version : His trainer says hes never seen a 6'6 320 lbs man move like he is, and hes at his personal best benching 520 atm.  He is making vet min 720k.  Born again and hungry.  The other stuff is drama. TD says he is on a short leash.

Long read, but well worth it. I can't help but root for the kid and really hope he earns a spot on the 53. He made a mistake but he didn't deserve to have his entire future taken away from him - I'm glad he got that 2nd chance. More than that I'm glad he earnt it by turning his life around. 

9 minutes ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

Tl/dr version : His trainer says hes never seen a 6'6 320 lbs man move like he is, and hes at his personal best benching 520 atm.  He is making vet min 720k.  Born again and hungry.  The other stuff is drama. TD says he is on a short leash.

Thank you fine sir. The DT we didn't draft has arrived...:slick:

Wow. I always knew he had a dark childhood, but I didn't realize it was that dark. Makes me feel awful for the guy. It's amazing he ever made it to the NFL. 

A couple of other things also stuck out to me. It seems very telling of where he was mentally that his previous bench was 485 while he had NFL money and facilities at his disposal, and now that he was out of the league but with more motivation he was able to increase it to 520. And the part about his previously just being completely frivolous with his money and the fact that now he's investing seems way more mature.

This dude has come from a place of darkness and now seems to want to live right and succeed in the NFL and now he knows what it takes and that it's not guaranteed. I'm going to be rooting hard for him.