vel

Back where his NFL career started and faded, Ra’Shede Hageman will grapple with — and try to atone for — his past

95 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Man...Just imagine if, with his new found focus and tutelage from DQ, if he could reach the potential everyone thought he had...We'd be looking at a Chris Jones (KC) right beside Grady. I don't want to get too excited but, that would be ridiculous.

Let's temper expectations a bit but I'll say this...  He eclipses Jones in almost every tested metric by a good bit.  He has the tools to be great. Can be a late bloomer like Markus Hunt.

Edited by gHost83

9 hours ago, athell said:

Saw this on twitter, but no access to the athletic.  Thanks for posting.  This is an incredible story and I am 100% behind Hags.

It's worth the subscription for the athletic. Quality articles pumped out every day.

athell likes this

Sometimes you don't know how good you've had it until you see in depth what others are going through. Even second round picks in the NFL. I'm thankful I have never had to struggle with those kind of demons.

Also, goes to show, there is always more to the story. You see this guy getting screamed at on Hard Knocks, the arrests, suspensions and write him off as another guy squandering his opportunity. But Hageman and a lot of guys are fighting through some truly unbelievable obstacles. I will definitely be more considerate when judging a player on and off the field.

Most guys in his situation don't have the wonderful people he has in his life. That makes all the difference. We could learn something from them and try to be more supportive to those who are down and less judgemental.

I hope he can come back and contribute on the field but even more so, I hope he continues to grow, stays positive and keeps giving back to the community.

Great read, thanks for sharing.

I never realized how he came up, just read tidbits when he was drafted. Quite a story and the part about him getting baptized brought a tear to my eye.. I will be rooting and praying for this man.

Flying Falcon likes this

23 hours ago, vel said:

From The Athletic:

I'm hoping Hageman can make the roster. I liked him coming out and always thought he had sky high potential. It seems like he's learned a LOT of valuable lessons from his time away from the game. That it's a privilege, first and foremost, and can be taken away at a moments notice for not being in good standing as a citizen and player of the team. At the end of the day, if he has learned from his mistake and done everything to atone for it, you can't continue to shun him. He's earned his chance. But that's all it is: a chance. If he makes the most of it, we saw the last time he was on the field just how vicious he can be and that would be a major boon for this team. 

#RISEUP

This story is gonna turn out longer than his career 

17 hours ago, gazoo said:

Huge difference. I just got back from a prison in south Atlanta a moment ago, and it’s nothing like county jails. When you first walk into the prison setting from the street your heart sinks a little bit. 

Nolove4thecrook, is this you?

Tim Mazetti likes this

18 hours ago, Cole World said:

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

gazoo, falconsd56 and Cole World like this

12 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Hageman is the Dexter Lawrence most TAFT members wanted.

Ehh..i see hin more of the Wilkins type that everyone (myself included ) wanted.

He is not just a space eater..Dexter is more of a space eater.

Cole World, gazoo and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

I never realized how he came up, just read tidbits when he was drafted. Quite a story and the part about him getting baptized brought a tear to my eye.. I will be rooting and praying for this man.

I was eviscerated on the message board about two weeks ago for sticking up and pulling for Hageman. I was accused of doing it for personal reasons but the fact is, I did it exactly for the same reason that brought a tear to your eyes. Hagemen had a brutal childhood. I'm pulling hard for him!!!

12 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I was eviscerated on the message board about two weeks ago for sticking up and pulling for Hageman. I was accused of doing it for personal reasons but the fact is, I did it exactly for the same reason that brought a tear to your eyes. Hagemen had a brutal childhood. I'm pulling hard for him!!!

Sheesh you love to play victim

⚡Slumerican⚡ and ki46dinah like this

6 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan

This must be a recent video.. Dosnt look close to the shape he was in the last video someone posted.. Guy is going to have a tough time making the team 

This is a good redemption story, and I am happy to hear he is even stronger now, and can move better. Let's hope he is more consistent this go round.

gazoo likes this