thanat0s

I’m calling it. Zion to ATL!

260 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, WOR said:

Hawks will be fine. Sure, the "odds" say they probably won't get any other superstars in this draft, but every team needs 2-3 high level rotational guys and versatile bench guys. 

Focus on that. Figure the rest out later. 

Even an "average" outlook of the roster after this draft puts us on par with like the Blazers(in a few years). And we ain't done. 

I rather just trade them for players or trade them for next years draft. 

If he wasn't likely going to be way overpaid, I wouldn't mind Tobias Harris in town. But he is going to get more than I want us to spend on him. 

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

NBA mock draft 2019: Pelicans land No. 1 pick and Zion Williamson in most shocking lottery ever

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2019/5/14/18536853/nba-mock-draft-2019-lottery-zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-grizzlies-order

They have the Hawks taking Sekou at 8 and B. Clarke at 10.

Sekou seems very intriguing, but I don't know much about him. Not much about Clarke either tbh 

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Sekou seems very intriguing, but I don't know much about him. Not much about Clarke either tbh 

Sekou played ball in France and he has a nice game.  B. Clarke played for Gonzaga as there 5. He's undersized at 6'8 but he plays the **** out of some defense inside.

At our picks my wish list is:

Coby White and Sekou Doumbaya, both are sleepers for future stars and would fit our scheme and roster needs.

with Cam Reddish and Jaxson Hayes as my backups

Also my sleeper in the entire draft if he still comes out is Johntay Porter. Kid has the most versatile and skilled big man game

thanat0s likes this

Sekou played ball in France and he has a nice game.  B. Clarke played for Gonzaga as there 5. He's undersized at 6'8 but he plays the **** out of some defense inside.

The more I'm reading about both guys, the more I think would LOVE both at 8 and 10

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

The more I'm reading about both guys, the more I think would LOVE both at 8 and 10

Yeah they are very interesting!  However I would grab Herro before Clarke in a heartbeat.  This kid is the best prospect in this upcoming draft.

11 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I could totally see Schlenk grabbing him.   

One thing I have learned through two drafts with Schlenk - he isn’t taking the chalk player everyone says he should.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Yeah they are very interesting!  However I would grab Herro before Clarke in a heartbeat.  This kid is the best prospect in this upcoming draft.

I like Herro's game. Not sure he is a top 10 pick, but who knows. I could get behind that pretty easily. 

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

One thing I have learned through two drafts with Schlenk - he isn’t taking the chalk player everyone says he should.

Hey a lot of us were mad over taking Trae last year, and that definitely worked out. We have been good at drafting under him. He's brought us Collins, Trae, and Huerter, so he has earned my trust. 

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

That's what I have liked about him thus far so that's what kind of gives me hope that the two players we take are going to fit right in.

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I like Herro's game. Not sure he is a top 10 pick, but who knows. I could get behind that pretty easily. 

I think there are going to be some surprise picks though because some teams are going to like there guy and may reach which could be our benefit as well.

28 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If he wasn't likely going to be way overpaid, I wouldn't mind Tobias Harris in town. But he is going to get more than I want us to spend on him. 

KD, Vooch, Klay and Tobias are on my max contract short list.

2019 NBA Mock Draft: 1st-Round Predictions After Lottery Results

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834171-2019-nba-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-after-lottery-results

#8--Atlanta Hawks: Oregon C Bol Bol

The Atlanta Hawks' 29-53 record may not show much improvement from their 24-58 campaign the year before, but they are on the rise thanks to Trae Young and John Collins, who should form the core of a perennial playoff contender soon.

The Hawks have plenty of young talent outside of those two, including wings Kevin Huerter and Taurean Prince and power forward Omari Spellman.

However, Atlanta could use a young and promising center with sky-high potential and can get that with Oregon center Bol Bol at No. 8 or No. 10.

Bol, the son of former NBA big man Manute Bol, averaged 21.0 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocks in nine games last season. Unfortunately, Bol suffered a season-ending navicular stress fracture in his left foot.

If Bol passes medical tests prior to the draft, the 7'2" big man with a 7'8" wingspan will be hard for the Hawks to pass up, in part because he can spread the floor with his three-point shooting prowess (13-of-25 last season).

Big men who can knock down three-pointers aren't a dime a dozen, let alone 7'2" centers. While Bol's injury is a concern, the Hawks should take a chance on a high-reward prospect who can help vault the team into the playoffs.

10. Atlanta Hawks (from Dallas Mavericks)Limoges CSP F Sekou Doumbouya

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

42 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Clarke is, pretty easily, the best defender in this class(Unless you wanna count Zions just sheer ungodly athleticism) 

He's just old or else he'd be pick 2 or 3.

Cant really shoot, BUT, he completely reworked his mechanics when he transfered from san Jose to Gonzaga so he "could" keep improving. 

If you want an absolute defensive freak, whose ceiling isn't much higher than what he is right now, he's your guy. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

who has the number 1 and 2 pick in the nba draft in June?  I'll wait...

You do realize that two teams were going to get those spots regardless, right? There's not a team in the league that had better than 7-1 odds in the Zion sweepstakes. 

The reality is people think the lottery itself is a system ripe for rigging so they will rationalize reasons for why the NBA "rigged" it regardless of the results.

Knicks get the #1 pick? Rigged.

Knicks don't get the #1 pick? Rigged, since the Knicks will get Durant anyway. 

Lakers or Bulls get the #1 pick? Rigged.

Neither Lakers or Bulls gets the #1 pick? Rigged, since they are large market teams who don't need the #1 pick anyway. 

Hawks get the #1 pick? Rigged to create a Trae-Zion duo. 

The draft is not rigged. It's a sheer game of luck with the probability set out beforehand, but people who don't understand this go out and do things like bet on the Knicks to get the #1 pick at implied odds of 30% when the actual math shows they had a 14% chance. 

No.11 likes this

38 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

At our picks my wish list is:

Coby White and Sekou Doumbaya, both are sleepers for future stars and would fit our scheme and roster needs.

with Cam Reddish and Jaxson Hayes as my backups

Also my sleeper in the entire draft if he still comes out is Johntay Porter. Kid has the most versatile and skilled big man game

That Porter family DNA is doo doo. 

He and Michael have had some real bad injuries. He tore his knee up for the second year(Both knees I believe as well)