thanat0s

I’m calling it. Zion to ATL!

260 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I have an MBA in finance and I am a CFP. ;)

Constantly far*ing person?:lol:;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 names that I think the Hawks NEED to take(at least one) are Nikeil Alexander Walker from VT and most definitely Matisse Thybulle

Please infant baby Jesus. Please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/14/2019 at 9:21 PM, g-dawg said:

I have an MBA in finance and I am a CFP. ;)

 

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I never saw the ping pong balls. Just envelopes. WTF?

The Aints gettin Zion is turrible. Just imagine if Dallas had?

They have 2 separate things. 

They draw ping pong balls in a room with mostly execs, and then have the dog and pony show on TV with the envelopes 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I have an MBA in finance and I am a CFP. ;)

College football playoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you spot 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slickgadawg said:

but can't see that New Orleans and Memphis have the lowest valuations by Forbes in the league and coincidentally get the top two picks???  ok...

NBA doesn’t care about Memphis or New Orleans.  They care about NBA TV contracts - the lower teams in smaller markets are rarely on national TV.

You don’t understand NBA if you think they want to bring the bottom teams up.

Just look at the rules.  They weakened the rules for the worst teams and players have total authority and autonomy to go wherever they want.  Salary cap?  Yeah you can go over and have Three max contracts.

You want more proof?

There are MAX contracts.  So a team with lower payroll CANNOT pay you more than another team with a loaded roster.

ALL RULES cater to the rich.

Like I said, you don’t understand the NBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And they tanked. Looks like Silver is hellbent on stopping the tanking. LMAO

If there is a conspiracy, this would be it. 

Tanking teams got fuuxxxkkeeedddd

Good.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, g-dawg said:

NBA doesn’t care about Memphis or New Orleans.  They care about NBA TV contracts - the lower teams in smaller markets are rarely on national TV.

You don’t understand NBA if you think they want to bring the bottom teams up.

Just look at the rules.  They weakened the rules for the worst teams and players have total authority and autonomy to go wherever they want.  Salary cap?  Yeah you can go over and have Three max contracts.

You want more proof?

There are MAX contracts.  So a team with lower payroll CANNOT pay you more than another team with a loaded roster.

ALL RULES cater to the rich.

Like I said, you don’t understand the NBA.

 

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

What do you guys think about PJ Washington C for Kentucky?

Yes please. Has a little of that PJ Tucker in him, minus the ruthless defense part. Which.... Is a big part lol, but hes young. 

g-dawg, Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

I understand they don't wanna LOSE franchises.  What good is it to care about the top markets if you only have a 15 team league?   Television isn't gonna get behind that.  Do you know the NBA had only eight teams for a long time?   There was no money until they expanded their operations.  David Stern stepped in once and prevented Chris Paul from going to the Lakers and forced him to stay in New Orleans because it was good for the LEAGUE.  Tell me I'm making that up...

Tell me the advantages in the NBA rules that the small market teams have.

I’ll wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WOR said:

Yes please. Has a little of that PJ Tucker in him, minus the ruthless defense part. Which.... Is a big part lol, but hes young. 

Yeah nice comp and at 6-8 I don't know why some sites list him as a 4 or 5.  I see him more as a 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Tell me the advantages in the NBA rules that the small market teams have.

I’ll wait.

who has the number 1 and 2 pick in the nba draft in June?  I'll wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really just wanna trade back and take all the picks from 18-25 lol. This team needs solid defenders and good depth in a big way. 

Thybulle, Clarke, PJ, Grant Williams, Ty Jerome, Goga, Cam Johnson, Herro, Porter. 

Take 3 of those over Cam Reddish or Naz Little every day of the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If hawks and Pelicans were smart, they would do a 3 first rounds and baze for Zion and Pelicans trade AD to Knicks for Ja or Barrett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah nice comp and at 6-8 I don't know why some sites list him as a 4 or 5.  I see him more as a 4.

If he could improve defensively, he'd be a good small ball 5.

I don't think he will be flashy in the NBA but I do think he will be a solid glue guy that brings the hustle off the bench. Plus he has good offensive skills already. 

I think he'd be a great guy off the bench cause you could put him in a lot of different types of lineups 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nereek said:

If hawks and Pelicans were smart, they would do a 3 first rounds and baze for Zion and Pelicans trade AD to Knicks for Ja or Barrett.

There is a 0% chance the Pels even consider that. Why would you give away Zion but agree to take on Baze's contract? 

Why wouldn't they just trade AD to the Knicks without doing a deal with us?

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't see the Hawks taking Reddish. I mean i can... But....why?

He's Taurean Prince... But worse. You already have the guy and the one you have is better. 

Prince's skill set is a slight headache. Why would they take someone who projects to be even more of a headache??? 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There is a 0% chance the Pels even consider that. Why would you give away Zion but agree to take on Baze's contract? 

Why wouldn't they just trade AD to the Knicks without doing a deal with us?

They could have Zion AND Ja in this "scenario" lol. 

Just trade AD.....

You gonna give up Zion for Reddish, Hayes, and a negative asset in Baze(cause he makes TWENTY million next year)? On what planet? 

(Other point. Hawks don't have 3 firsts lol) 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

who has the number 1 and 2 pick in the nba draft in June?  I'll wait...

LOL....so it’s rigged? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WOR said:

This is the mindset hawk fans should have. 

We good. For the Hawks it was essentially get Zion or it doesn't really matter. 

Culver and Hunter are a step above, but after that there's a lot of solid wing players we can get. 

We gon be fineeee

Keep your thievery to the court Trae Trae. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

There is a 0% chance the Pels even consider that. Why would you give away Zion but agree to take on Baze's contract? 

Why wouldn't they just trade AD to the Knicks without doing a deal with us?

You get 3 top 10 players, still get a top talent in the top 3. Plus a first round pick next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now