Week 1 versus Minnesota

NUPE

Opening day on the road in a loud stadium, 3 new starters on the Oline with 2 being rookies.

Any guess on how we fare with false starts & holding penalties?

Edited by NUPE

Vikings have won 3 straight against us with our last win over them being 2011. The last time we opened the season in Minnesota, AP went berserk on us for his NFL debut.

With all of that said, the Falcons will walk into the Vikings stadium and hand them a big L that is a 13+ point Falcons win. The Vikings lauded defense is going to get hit in the mouth by a revamped Falcons OL, while our defense neutralizes the Minnesota ground game, forcing the Vikings to be one dimensional pass heavy. Vic & Takk are unleashed and combine for 3.5 sacks while the defense as a whole tallies 6 sacks.

TLDR: ATL hoe, don’t disrespect it.

Edited by CTann

22 minutes ago, NUPE said:

Opening day on the road in a loud stadium, 3 new starters on the Oline with 2 being rookies.

Any guess on how we fare with false starts & holding penalties?

If penalties happen, it means our coaching staff didn't do enough to prepare them.

We are talking about professional football players. 

1 minute ago, CTann said:

Vikings have won 3 straight against us with our last win over them being 2011. The last time we opened the season in Minnesota, AP went berserk on us for his NFL debut.

With all of that said, the Falcons will walk into the Vikings stadium and hand them a big L that is a 13+ point Falcons win. The Vikings lauded defense is going to get hit in the mouth by a revamped Falcons OL, while our defense neutralizes the Minnesota ground game, forcing the Vikings to be one dimensional pass heavy. Vic & Takk are unleashed and combine for 3.5 sacks while the defense as a whole tallies 6 sacks.

History is called history for a reason. 

10 minutes ago, Falcon Man™ said:

If penalties happen, it means our coaching staff didn't do enough to prepare them.

We are talking about professional football players. 

We usually play sloppy week 1 under Dan Quinn particularly on the road. I look at this game as a loss. But I have us going anywhere from 13-3 to 11-5 on the season.

5 minutes ago, stingbee said:

If Atlanta is able to fix the OL with these big boys, Atlanta will win big. The Vikings will not be able to stop Atlanta offense. 

The Vikings are an average team—nothing spectacular about them. 

The Vikings defense is for real. They have two good corners a pro bowl Safety and one of the best front 7s in the league. It's not going to be easy to move the ball on them. Last time they are played Tampa they shutdown Koetter's high flying offense. 

Matt is no Jameis and out offense is a whole different animal, but they shut us down last time we played them too. They've got one of the only CBs that plays Julio extremely tough and the Safety to check Hooper stride for stride. 

I think we can win but will need to control the clock and get the run game going to open up Play Action..

Gonna be a great challenge 

27 minutes ago, stingbee said:

If Atlanta is able to fix the OL with these big boys, Atlanta will win big. The Vikings will not be able to stop Atlanta offense. 

The Vikings are an average team—nothing spectacular about them. 

They held us to 9 points (I think) 18 months ago

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They held us to 9 points (I think) 18 months ago

When Levitre got hurt early that game, we were left with Garland and Wes (theme of 2017 and 2018) and were in the beginning stages of Sark's first bottoming out as OC year 1. The Red Zone stall of the 2017 season that was wasted.

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Man. We are gonna find out what Oliver has with Diggs and Thielen. 

And we're also gonna find out what Quinn has been able to do with Beasley, Shede and Takk to get this pass rush up to par. If we get a lotta heat on Cousins, Diggs and Thielen won't get out of control.

Tough game to start, but the whole season schedule is brutal. Might as well go up there, hand then about a 17-point loss to show them who the new dog in the NFC is and start a 12 or 13-game winning streak.

3 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

The Vikings defense is for real. They have two good corners a pro bowl Safety and one of the best front 7s in the league. It's not going to be easy to move the ball on them. Last time they are played Tampa they shutdown Koetter's high flying offense. 

Matt is no Jameis and out offense is a whole different animal, but they shut us down last time we played them too. They've got one of the only CBs that plays Julio extremely tough and the Safety to check Hooper stride for stride. 

I think we can win but will need to control the clock and get the run game going to open up Play Action..

Gonna be a great challenge 

Tampa scored 17 the last time they played

And we scored 9

4 hours ago, CTann said:

The whole Joey Harrington experience!! I've got that game on DVD somewhere along with the home games against the Panthers and Texans.

Defensively, I think that Atlanta will look good in this game. I think DQ will have his D really getting after it and doing well. If Hageman is active that day, then he may well be having himself a big homecoming. I know there is no real reason to think Hageman is any better than he was his first go around, but I think he has more to prove at this point in his career. 

I'm looking forward to seeing DK's offense in 2019. I think you'll see Ridley being too much to handle in this game, and like Hageman, Devonta Freeman could come in looking to reintroduce himself and ends up having big numbers.

I'm not discounting anything that Minny does, because they have a good team. However, I don't believe they are as good as they were two years ago.

2 hours ago, caponine said:

but regardless he is right though. 

We don't really know that. Our 2 rooks may beast. We have zero evidence at this point of how our OL is or will be gelling at that point. Revisit this after Preseason game 5.

Edited by Geneaut