Unknøwn

Braves @ Dodgers

180 posts in this topic

Snitker said they'll discuss using Newcomb out of the pen. He said he was impressed the way Newk came out attacking and just letting it fly. Newcomb said he has no control over it so he'll do whatever hes asked to do and be happy about it. Who knows, Newcomb could be the next Andrew Miller. Miller was a highly touted SP prospect but never found his potential until he went to the bullpen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the highlights this morning. My mornings begin at 5 AM so theres no way I'm watching much if any of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newcomb was asked about his demotion and he said hes ticked off. Hes now a man pitching with something to prove. Newk seems to pitch better when hes mad. He tends to lock in and really focus.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Snitker said they'll discuss using Newcomb out of the pen. He said he was impressed the way Newk came out attacking and just letting it fly. Newcomb said he has no control over it so he'll do whatever hes asked to do and be happy about it. Who knows, Newcomb could be the next Andrew Miller. Miller was a highly touted SP prospect but never found his potential until he went to the bullpen. 

I think it's way to early to throw Newcomb in the bullpen and throw away the key on him. Just look at his first 22 starts of 2018.

  • 125 2/3 IP, 92 H, 47 R, 44 ER, 13 HR, 59 BB, 116 SO, 3.15 ERA - .205/.295/.332 (.627)

You don't give up on that this quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Newcomb was asked about his demotion and he said hes ticked off. Hes now a man pitching with something to prove. Newk seems to pitch better when hes mad. He tends to lock in and really focus.

I've said it many times that he pitches better when he's mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I watched the highlights this morning. My mornings begin at 5 AM so theres no way I'm watching much if any of these.

Same here. I get up at 5am and the first thing I do is check the score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Newcomb was asked about his demotion and he said hes ticked off.

1

MLB is a privilege that you earn, not a right that you're ceded, kid. His entire attitude on this summarizes everything that's wrong with our rebuild. Kids just thought they would get to pitch for years in the majors no matter what. 

youngbloodz and Malachore like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jidady said:

MLB is a privilege that you earn, not a right that you're ceded, kid. His entire attitude on this summarizes everything that's wrong with our rebuild. Kids just thought they would get to pitch for years in the majors no matter what. 

Maybe, but if that is what it takes to motivate you is to get shown you are easily replaceable and get ticked off about it, well its time to start ticking off some more people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oztin said:

Maybe, but if that is what it takes to motivate you is to get shown you are easily replaceable and get ticked off about it, well its time to start ticking off some more people 

Amen, brother. Now that he's lost the entitlement, he's pounding the zone like he should have been for the past year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lineup:

1. Albies

2. Acuna

3.Markakis

4.Donaldson

5. Freeman

6. Swanson

7. Flowers / McCann

8. Inciarte

9. Pitcher

How would you guys line them up???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, E. T. said:

My lineup:

1. Albies

2. Acuna

3.Markakis

4.Donaldson

5. Freeman

6. Swanson

7. Flowers / McCann

8. Inciarte

9. Pitcher

How would you guys line them up???

Nope, you dont take ABs away from Freeman. Swap him and Markakis and I'm good with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting night for Fried. He is an LA native. He apparently attended high school just 14 miles from Dodger Stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nope, you dont take ABs away from Freeman. Swap him and Markakis and I'm good with it.

I see your point, but one could make the case for Markakis too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I see your point, but one could make the case for Markakis too.

Markakis is having a great year but hes not Freeman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect Ender to play tomorrow as well. Snitker said he doesnt want to put any extra stress on Acunas back by asking him to play CF right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now