Cole World

Why Kaleb McGary looks like a great pick for the Atlanta Falcons

158 posts in this topic

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

When did I back peddle?

Look at your post history on this thread.

Bottom line is the bench press drill is overrated. It’s not indicative of functional strength. It’s not sports specific. It’s a decent indicator of muscular endurance, but that’s about it. It’s not irrelevant but it’s very limited to what data you can gather from it. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

Look at your post history on this thread.

Bottom line is the bench press drill is overrated. It’s not indicative of functional strength. It’s not sports specific. It’s a decent indicator of muscular endurance, but that’s about it. It’s not irrelevant but it’s very limited to what data you can gather from it. 

Everything is pretty limited man.

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not when compared to the bench press. 

Depends what you're talking about. I'd put 3 cone, vert, and broad jump above bench press sure.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Depends what you're talking about. I'd put 3 cone, vert, and broad jump above bench press sure.

I would as well. There are a few drills I think are superfluous in the combine process. Bench press and the forty are the most prominent. I’m more interested in the 10 yard split than the forty. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol this is so wrong.

No it isn't. I know about weight lifting what I stated is the truth homie. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I know. I was a power lifter squatting 500 lbs and deadlifting 600. My coach hated anything more than 10 reps.

My coach hated that too. Although I was never a power lifter per se. The most I ever did on squat was 450 and about 500 on deadlift. 

This is at least the 3rd thread in the last few months that’s just turned into an argument about benching.