Cole World

Why Kaleb McGary looks like a great pick for the Atlanta Falcons

158 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

LOL you’ve been grasping. You’re either purposely being obtuse or you’re completely clueless. So which is it? 

Show me how

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

He’s not wrong. 

If I can bench 225 10 times and you can only do it 8 times then I'm stronger.

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao you’re doing it now. 

So when I ask you to explain your side I'm grasping at straws? Note taken, can't discuss with you. Thanks for letting me know. 

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Not necessarily. I know guys who can bench 15 reps of 225. But can barely lift 350 1RM. Then you have guys who can bench 450 Lb 1RM and do 10 reps@225. It’s old body builder vs power builder argument.

Sidecar Falcon and youngbloodz like this

17 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lmfao uhmmmm no. That’s muscular endurance, that’s reps. If my 1RM is 500lbs and your 1RM is 400 then I’m stronger. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Not necessarily. I know guys who can bench 15 reps of 225. But can barely lift 350 1RM. Then you have guys who can bench 450 Lb 1RM and do 10 reps@225. It’s old body builder vs power builder argument.

I've never seen it so I'll have to take your word for it. I'm just going off personal experience.

falcons007 likes this

D@mn beat me to it. 

Most people don’t know there is a difference. I had two friends, one an amateur power lifter and the other an amateur bodybuilder. Both had completely different training techniques, eating habits, and psychology. 

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I've never seen it so I'll have to take your word for it. I'm just going off personal experience.

Look at strong man competitors and powerlifters, they lift heavy **** and hate lifting anything over 5-8 reps. Pound for pound, Olympic lifters are stronger though. They don’t have stamina to do high reps but tho all in on those 1-3 reps.

Sidecar Falcon and youngbloodz like this

D@mn beat me to it. 

Most people don’t know there is a difference. I had two friends, one an amateur power lifter and the other an amateur bodybuilder. Both had completely different training techniques, eating habits, and psychology. 

I know. I was a power lifter squatting 500 lbs and deadlifting 600. My coach hated anything more than 10 reps.

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So when I ask you to explain your side I'm grasping at straws? Note taken, can't discuss with you. Thanks for letting me know. 

Lmfao By you ignoring things I’ve stated to create false narratives. Ignoring facts and data. Trying to make false equivalencies, etc. 

Cominsky is probably the strongest guy on this team. He used heavy lifts at low reps to build size and strength. I think he squats 620 lbs or something like that, it’s lot of power and strength.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Look at strong man competitors and powerlifters, they lift heavy **** and hate lifting anything over 5-8 reps. Pound for pound, Olympic lifters are stronger though. They don’t have stamina to do high reps but tho all in on those 1-3 reps

I know. I was a power lifter squatting 500 lbs and deadlifting 600. My coach hated anything more than 10 reps.

Dang I’ve never even sniffed at those amounts of weight. When I was training BJJ, I had a powerlifter I trained with and his explosive power was insane, when I pulled guard he used to lift me up like I was a feather. I had to wait until he was tired before attempting any submission. Dude was a mammoth. 

falcons007 likes this

17 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Dang I’ve never even sniffed at those amounts of weight. When I was training BJJ, I had a powerlifter I trained with and his explosive power was insane, when I pulled guard he used to lift me up like I was a feather. I had to wait until he was tired before attempting any submission. Dude was a mammoth. 

I was 195 lbs at that time. The carry over of strength and power is amazing. I used to do jumps and short sprints. I haven’t trained heavy for 4-5 years but I still move heavy stuff around easily. Sometimes folks look at me like WTF. I  

Sidecar Falcon likes this

30 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Lmfao By you ignoring things I’ve stated to create false narratives. Ignoring facts and data. Trying to make false equivalencies, etc. 

What have I ignored my dude?

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What have I ignored my dude?

Ignored me stating 1 for 1. Ignoring several times that I stated that bench press is overrated but not irrelevant.

Trying to spin false narratives only makes you sound dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ignored me stating 1 for 1. Ignoring several times that I stated that bench press is overrated but not irrelevant.

Trying to spin false narratives only makes you sound dumb. 

Lol what false narrative

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I was 195 lbs at that time. The carry over of strength and power is amazing. I used to do jumps and short sprints. I haven’t trained heavy for 4-5 years but I still move heavy stuff around easily. Sometimes folks look at me like WTF. I  

LOL Same. My grip strength and flexibility are still pretty good. I’m pretty sure my cardio is terrible. 

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Lol what false narrative

Lmfao D@mn you have a terrible memory. When you stated that we were saying that bench doesn’t matter. 

Lmfao D@mn you have a terrible memory. When you stated that we were saying that bench doesn’t matter. 

I didn't say that. I said y'all are acting like it

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I didn't say that. I said y'all are acting like it

Yet you conveniently left out the several times we stated otherwise. Yeaaaaahhhh. Ok. Keep moving that goal post  LOL 

Yet you conveniently left out the several times we stated otherwise. Yeaaaaahhhh. Ok. Keep moving that goal post  LOL 

At the time I had said that you only said it's overrated not that it's not irrelevant. Idk how I moved the goal post 

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

At the time I had said that you only said it's overrated not that it's not irrelevant. Idk how I moved the goal post 

Moving the goal posts in terms of what you meant. It’s cool, your constant back pedaling is amusing. 

Moving the goal posts in terms of what you meant. It’s cool, your constant back pedaling is amusing. 

When did I back peddle?