Knight of God

Meet Marcus Green - Mississippi Native

80 posts in this topic

This guy looks legit albeit against some poor tackling in several cases. He can fly. Looking forward to seeing our return game become a threat for the first time in years and also looking forward to seeing him line up in the slot. Julio, Sanu, Hooper, a hopefully healthy Freeman, Green and an improved offensive line. This might be fun to watch. Wouldn’t want to be a DC and have to defend against that group. Not a fan of the bubble screen that I know Dirk likes to run but Green could be our 2016 Taylor Gabriel. I’m getting excited. 

Cole World and PokerSteve like this

Can't wait for preseason. Marcus is one of the players I want to see on the field. 

3 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

This guy looks legit albeit against some poor tackling in several cases. He can fly. Looking forward to seeing our return game become a threat for the first time in years and also looking forward to seeing him line up in the slot. Julio, Sanu, Hooper, a hopefully healthy Freeman, Green and an improved offensive line. This might be fun to watch. Wouldn’t want to be a DC and have to defend against that group. Not a fan of the bubble screen that I know Dirk likes to run but Green could be our 2016 Taylor Gabriel. I’m getting excited. 

You benching Ridley for him?

24 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Forgot about Ridley. Another weapon, another headache for opposing defenses, an embarrassment of riches for the Falcons. 

PokerSteve likes this

Who knows if he's going to work out or not, but man his highlight tape is fun to watch. I keep watching it over and over and can't stop smiling :D.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

No. Let Green line up as RB. He is versatile player who can line up in backfield and can be motioned in to slot or use him on screens or wheel routes.

Knight of God likes this

30 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No. Let Green line up as RB. He is versatile player who can line up in backfield and can be motioned in to slot or use him on screens or wheel routes.

I hear ya, just wasn’t sure what the other poster was thinking there.

falcons007 and Knight of God like this

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Man, he is fast and doesn’t shy away from contact 

On the low low he's a player I'm most excited about because technically he's a wide receiver but he can play running back that's why I think if he's listed at running back we'll have four active game day running backs and no real fullback

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

On a couple of certain plays maybe... this reminds me of back in 2012, we ran a fake screen to Julio and threw it over the top against the Philadelphia Eagles to that wide receiver that I cant remember the name of that barely played. that could be a play for green bc nobody would expect it

He will run violent as a WR like Julio. A lot of ppl don’t know Julio was a running back that was converted to WR. That's why he runs angry. Green runs angry. He is the slash we’ve needed for a while now. Love the pick. My dad does too. 

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

He will run violent as a WR like Julio. A lot of ppl don’t know Julio was a running back that was converted to WR. That's why he runs angry. Green runs angry. He is the slash we’ve needed for a while now. Love the pick. My dad does too. 

Is your dad a previous football player?

Edited by falconfreek123
Knight of God likes this

5 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

Is your dad a previous football player?

My dad played through high school. Didn’t play in college. Had a try out with the 49ers tho. 

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, jdawg4876 said:

On a couple of certain plays maybe... this reminds me of back in 2012, we ran a fake screen to Julio and threw it over the top against the Philadelphia Eagles to that wide receiver that I cant remember the name of that barely played. that could be a play for green bc nobody would expect it

Drew? Davis.

My favorite pick of the draft.  Has an impressive set of skills.

• Speed
  • Hands
  • Acceleration
  • Vision
  • Wiggle
  • Balance
  • Can be physical
  • Tough

I feel like this kid could be more than just a KR/PR/gadget guy.  I watched EVERY UL Monroe game highlight I could and every game it seems like he made big plays.  I see a guy who could be WR3/4 or RB2/3 in addition to his return skills.  I was high on Mecole Hardman...I think Green could be that for us and maybe a bit more due to his physicality.  As I said in another thread, I didn't want a RB or WR and yet I find the guys I am most interested in seeing are a RB (Ollison) and a RB\WR (Green).

3 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

• Speed
  • Hands
  • Acceleration
  • Vision
  • Wiggle
  • Balance
  • Can be physical
  • Tough

I feel like this kid could be more than just a KR/PR/gadget guy.  I watched EVERY UL Monroe game highlight I could and every game it seems like he made big plays.  I see a guy who could be WR3/4 or RB2/3 in addition to his return skills.  I was high on Mecole Hardman...I think Green could be that for us and maybe a bit more due to his physicality.  As I said in another thread, I didn't want a RB or WR and yet I find the guys I am most interested in seeing are a RB (Ollison) and a RB\WR (Green).

Has all the tools to be an X factor. Tho he won’t be wr3. He’ll be more likely 4 or 5. That’s what will make him dangerous. He’ll be the gadget RB that can confuse the defense. Line up at RB them motion it wide. He can make his way to #3 wr when they let sanu go tho. Gage will also be I nice piece of the wr group. 

5 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

• Speed
  • Hands
  • Acceleration
  • Vision
  • Wiggle
  • Balance
  • Can be physical
  • Tough

His running style is less finesse and more straight line speed and I dare you. With that burst it makes it very uneasy to want to tackle. Love his running style.

TheFatboi and Monolith2001 like this

Man, those draft party videos are one of the best things about the draft. Seeing these young cats reach their dreams after a decade of grinding is fantastic. Some cry, some hug or high five, some just looked hyped. And then you get a Ridley, who just looked stunned and truly blessed. Hope this young man comes in and shows out.

papachaz and ratesforless like this

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Has all the tools to be an X factor. Tho he won’t be wr3. He’ll be more likely 4 or 5. That’s what will make him dangerous. He’ll be the gadget RB that can confuse the defense. Line up at RB them motion it wide. He can make his way to #3 wr when they let sanu go tho. Gage will also be I nice piece of the wr group. 

True CoP back. I told you a ways back, it’s not necessarily size for me, it’s a style. I love his style of running.

TheFatboi likes this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

True CoP back. I told you a ways back, it’s not necessarily size for me, it’s a style. I love his style of running.

Yep. 

Knight of God likes this