Falcons Fan MVP

How much do you think the Falcons hiring a time management coordinator will help?

41 posts in this topic

Do you think the Falcons hiring a time management coordinator will help us tremendously in close games? Hold on to big leads? Take stress of Dan Quinn as he calls the defense? Or do you think it won't make a big difference I particularly in close games? Your thoughts?

Think it helps because it gives another set of eyes on an issue they’ve identified.More importantly though I think it allows DQ to put more of his time into his strengths which is the defense.

The more and more he can hand off roles to others with those strengths he can concentrate on his which is hands on coaching.

HolyMoses and Smiler11 like this

It has to help. I'm surprised that someone as experienced as Quinn had so much trouble with clock management. Even madden players could manage their timeouts better. 

The Smart One likes this

23 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think the Falcons hiring a time management coordinator will help us tremendously in close games? Hold on to big leads? Take stress of Dan Quinn as he calls the defense? Or do you think it won't make a big difference I particularly in close games? Your thoughts?

Yes

/end thread

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

It has to help. I'm surprised that someone as experienced as Quinn had so much trouble with clock management. Even madden players could manage their timeouts better. 

Every coach has there strengths and weaknesses.

The issue for me is using DQs time as efficiently as possible.

Defense is his go that’s where we need him to get more out of that side of the ball.Hence why hiring Sutton going with the experience of Mularkey,Koetter familiarity with Ryan frees this ability up for DQ to coach his strength.

This is a good question. I mean, what does the time management guy do? Just call timeout? Or just hit a button that tells Quinn to call timeout? Seriously, I have no idea what the actual job function of this person would be, because even the casual fan usually knows when the clock needs to roll..and stop.

14 hours ago, octoslash said:

This is a good question. I mean, what does the time management guy do? Just call timeout? Or just hit a button that tells Quinn to call timeout? Seriously, I have no idea what the actual job function of this person would be, because even the casual fan usually knows when the clock needs to roll..and stop.

Wish I had the link but I read an article about it a few months ago. There is A LOT to it, but still don't know what actual influence he has game day.

octoslash likes this

I think our time management coach will be very bored. Koetter is already good at managing games. I do think this position should save us from losing a game needlessly because of 1-2 bad decisions though.

13 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

I think our time management coach will be very bored. Koetter is already good at managing games. I do think this position should save us from losing a game needlessly because of 1-2 bad decisions though.

Underrated point... No matter how bad we were beating them or controlling the game, Koetter ALWAYS had the Bucs with a chance to get back in the game... same when they played the Saints. 

Posted (edited)

Isn't that one of the head coaches duties??  :(   I mean, if you can't manage the clock,  WHY are you the head coach???

Edited by slickgadawg
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Because he can build a team and identify talent.

I mean, isn't THAT the general manager's job...:lol:     

Edited by slickgadawg

23 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I mean, isn't THAT the general manager's job...:lol:     

The general manager gets players the HC wants. Figured you'd learn that after watching the talent level change between Smith and Quinn.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The general manager gets players the HC wants. Figured you'd learn that after watching the talent level change between Smith and Quinn.

pittsburgh hires head coaches that are hired INTO a system.  the coach fits what the organization wants to do.  6 rings later it worked for them...

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

pittsburgh hires head coaches that are hired INTO a system.  the coach fits what the organization wants to do.  6 rings later it worked for them...

This is the most ******** thing I think I've ever read...