POUND 4 POUND Agrees. Falcons' Have Depth

People can cry all they want about the d-line, but fact is the Franchise is M. Tommy Ryan and if they don't protect him, we're a .500 team at best. 

The Falcons did exactly what they should've done this off-season, and this fall when the backs are running through holes and Ryan's not running for his life, people will see the light. 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

People can cry all they want about the d-line, but fact is the Franchise is M. Tommy Ryan and if they don't protect him, we're a .500 team at best. 

The Falcons did exactly what they should've done this off-season, and this fall when the backs are running through holes and Ryan's not running for his life, people will see the light. 

I agree. I still wouldn't have cried if we would have grabbed at least one of the Clemson DL, but I totally get what the Falcons were doing. Basically, I wanted my cake and to eat it also. :)

I think what this draft told me was that our FO had identified a very small group of OL they were interested in, and they weren't willing to take a lower round project on if they missed out on their guys. 

I know when I mock, for example, I usually have a list of positions I want to fill, and if I don't get those positions filled early I fill them late with a BPA at that position and think I've done a good job. I don't think a lot of real NFL GMs play it that way. They zoom in on the specific players they want and make a plan to get them.

9 hours ago, Geneaut said:

I agree. I still wouldn't have cried if we would have grabbed at least one of the Clemson DL, but I totally get what the Falcons were doing. Basically, I wanted my cake and to eat it also. :)

I think what this draft told me was that our FO had identified a very small group of OL they were interested in, and they weren't willing to take a lower round project on if they missed out on their guys. 

I know when I mock, for example, I usually have a list of positions I want to fill, and if I don't get those positions filled early I fill them late with a BPA at that position and think I've done a good job. I don't think a lot of real NFL GMs play it that way. They zoom in on the specific players they want and make a plan to get them.

Bill B kinda draft, he often picks up first round OL to protect Brady. Patriots almost got McGary if TD didn’t snatch him. I don’t think there Were any Defensive players left after 14, who would have turned the defense around. The OL picks will go long way in giving time for Ryan to cut the defenses up.