atljbo

ESPN INSIDER: NFL execs unfiltered on every team's 2019 draft class

65 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, atljbo said:

Maybe they think everything will take care of itself if they just protect Matt Ryan, but they could be in a lot of shootouts, so you'd better have the ball at the end and hope your D is not on the field."

That's us in 2016. Why do you think we had so many sacks? Teams HAD to throw the ball because we were scoring every drive. Let's hope this pays off

g-dawg, Schwarzwald and Lowndesfalc like this

On 5/3/2019 at 7:18 PM, atljbo said:

"We think McGary can be the best offensive lineman in this draft," a different GM said. "What we don't know is exactly where that would be on the line."

I agree, he just has a few things to clean up in pass pro but I love his mean streak. 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

I agree, he just has a few things to clean up in pass pro but I love his mean streak. 

I wonder how “mudd’ing” the LOS works in a strict ZBS?

Osiruz likes this

On 5/3/2019 at 11:43 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Should have resigned him this season also.. He was a huge asset at the end of the season 

One of the biggest surprises of the off-season to me was not keeping Irvin. Of course at the time I didn't realize that money was going to be needed for our OG reserve corps. :ninja:

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

5 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

One of the biggest surprises of the off-season to me was not keeping Irvin. Of course at the time I didn't realize that money was going to be needed for our OG reserve corps. :ninja:

The way to have the best oline, is to sign all the olineman lol :slick:

PokerSteve likes this

On 5/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, atljbo said:

My thing is I donto get why ppl think our D will be bad ... We literally got end game by injuries plus some guys had legit down years.   

Late 2016 we had a top 10 D (after the KC game) and 2017 we had a top 10 D... 

We have to go out there and prove it but I don't know why ppl automatically think the D will be bad.... I think the opposite

I agree. Ggoing into last season, absolutely nobody considered our D to be bad. In fact, top 10 talk was regular. We have a perfect storm of injuries, now all of a sudden, it dang near needs to be blown up. When Debo came back, the whole energy changed. Everybody will be back now!

jazzyburrell likes this

im not saying the pass rush is not up to what we need it to be..... **** thats why i wanted Oliver.... We have to continue to get better and Quinn is betting on himself......

My argument is why ppl acting like our D is dog **** when  we had a good D before the injuries

gazoo, kiwifalcon and Schwarzwald like this

On 5/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, g-dawg said:

The truth is - there are only about 10 teams in the league that would have a chance in a shootout w/ the Falcons.

So almost a third of the league?  Nice assessment there.  

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

im not saying the pass rush is not up to what we need it to be..... **** thats why i wanted Oliver.... We have to continue to get better and Quinn is betting on himself......

My argument is why ppl acting like our D is dog **** when  we had a good D before the injuries

Would’ve at least beat NO and CIN with a healthy defense.

No reason to think they won’t be better than 2018; easily.

How much better it will be is the question.

Don't underestimate coaching changes being a big factor. DQ will get his message across.

atljbo likes this

2 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

So almost a third of the league?  Nice assessment there.  

.Good luck next year in high school .

On 5/4/2019 at 3:42 PM, ParanoidAndroid said:

That's us in 2016. Why do you think we had so many sacks? Teams HAD to throw the ball because we were scoring every drive. Let's hope this pays off

Not to be contrary, but in 2016 we had the fewest sacks we’ve had in years.  We had more sacks in 2017 & 2018

Quinns cover 3 is about chaos and disruption, not sacks necessarily

Our line got a lot bigger and upgraded so I expect our run game to vastly improve pounding the ball will help with the time of possession and that in itself will help our defense, I expect our defense to be towards the top ten again

On 5/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, FalconBlood said:

1 Saints

2 Packers

3 Chiefs

4 Chargers

5 Patriots

6 Colts

7 Rams

8 Steelers

9 Eagles

10 SF? CLE? HOU? DAL?

Your claim appears to be accurate.

Last year when our O-line was as soft as wet toilet paper and Ryan was running for his life we averaged 26 points per game. 

Of the list mentioned only seven teams averaged more points than us with our sorry line. If this is indeed fixed, a shootout with us will be over 35 points... only teams I would expect to keep up would be Rams, Saints, Pats and Chiefs... Steelers without Bell and AB is not winning a shootout with us! 

Stryka likes this

On 5/5/2019 at 5:42 PM, g-dawg said:

.Good luck next year in high school .

Ha that was only advanced 5th grade math. 

10/31 = .3226  

1/3  = .333

almost a third

You need to go back to 3rd literature for a refresher.