atljbo

TD 680 the fan interview

78 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jamesmasen said:

Really tired of the Beasley optimism .. he's been here long enough to know what he's doing I don't think Quinn is necessarily going to all of a sudden turn the light on for him in year 5 .. only thing he has going for him is a contact year

This sums up our fan base pretty well. Tired of optimism? Lol

3 hours ago, jidady said:

Exactly. I still lament that we didn't re-sign Freeney in 2017. He made Beasley better somehow.

I keep hearing that "Beasley needs a vet to do good" and the other half of people say "Beasley needs backup tackles to do good" maybe Beasley needs to stop that garbage *** effort he puts on tape every week and play like his *** is on fire and maybe he will have a good year. Would love for him to have a great year so we get our moneys worth but either way Beasley is not a falcon in 2020

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

I am telling you right now, when we signed Davison, THEN signed Hageman just before the draft, I said it appeared to me they were going OL in the draft.  (Or else draft Simmons who wouldn’t play this year)

Where I predicted we would go DT most of offseason, once we signed Hageman I changed my calculus and said 2 OL and a CB with the first 3 picks. 

In a interview TD said he thought we had no shot at Davison (I think they thought he was out of our price range) .... 

gazoo likes this

Don’t know why the fans are tired of having optimism for VB44.

Last time I looked he plays for our team suits up in a Falcons uniform.

**** I hope he balls out as long as he’s got the above on I’m in his corner.

Last year was last year move on.

Be interesting to see threads later on in the season for those who are saying this now and the above mentioned balls out.

TheRisen999, GrimeyKidd and Osiruz like this

4 hours ago, FalconAge said:

If you have a guy with low football i.q. who responds well to instruction and can absolutely go get the quarterback, you should at least try to exhaust all options before you give up on him.

I haven't thought of that way. Nice post.

18 minutes ago, atljbo said:

In a interview TD said he thought we had no shot at Davison (I think they thought he was out of our price range) .... 

That is very interesting. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out why he was so cheap. It makes no sense given his skills and ability. 

I would have assumed $3mm per year or more.

Flying Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

I am telling you right now, when we signed Davison, THEN signed Hageman just before the draft, I said it appeared to me they were going OL in the draft.  (Or else draft Simmons who wouldn’t play this year)

Where I predicted we would go DT most of offseason, once we signed Hageman I changed my calculus and said 2 OL and a CB with the first 3 picks. 

We both saw it coming, and DQs interviews confirmed it. The writing was on the wall at that point. They were really really high on davison and invested a lot of capital into Hageman and Senat, so it made no sense to go NT. Our biggest holes were at RT, and RG and no way we were going into the season with another duct tape OL after we stunk it up last year in the run and pass. I did say TD would be fired this year if he didn't rectify the OL with a vengeance and I am glad he did. I was tired of Fuscos and Pasztors.

VTCrunkler, gazoo and vitaman like this

30 minutes ago, gazoo said:

That is very interesting. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out why he was so cheap. It makes no sense given his skills and ability. 

I would have assumed $3mm per year or more.

Idk .. I thought the same thing ... TD sounded shocked saying he thought we had no chance 

Flying Falcon likes this

We could always get Shane Ray. Beasley with a hurt wrist. Hopefully his strong hand works ok. 

3 hours ago, nomak said:

He was very good when Quinn took over during the SB run.  Hopefully we will see more of that again with Quin calling the shots.

Don’t forget he went sackless in the playoffs and Super Bowl... I imagine that both Quinn and Freeney were “coaching” him up then too?

Flying Falcon likes this

16 minutes ago, jazzyburrell said:

Don’t forget he went sackless in the playoffs and Super Bowl... I imagine that both Quinn and Freeney were “coaching” him up then too?

Takk disappears too but no one seems to talk about it I wonder why 

Beasley has to take a step up to that next level..... They think he can perform up to that 15 sack guy he has shown he can be with Quinn more hands on with he and Takk

Coach has shown he is really good at deeloping D-Lineman going back to his seahawks days

This is an important year for Beasley and us.... They believe in his ability

Something that @vel mentioned this offseason

atljbo, NWFALCON, vel and 1 other like this

6 hours ago, jidady said:

He's led the league in sacks, so the light has been on before. But we absolutely need Takk and him to show out more than they have the last two seasons.

Beasley's been here four years. I actually mocked him in the first, up until the week before that 2015 draft when I switched to Gurlie. Took a beating on TATF. That was the move. Trust me. Gurley and Free would have been nasty.

He's had one good season. In four years. Thanks to two games against DEN & LAR in 2016. A 6-8 sack guy better suited for a 3-4 defense. Not good enough in the 4-3 run game to stay on the field. Only has one pass rush move.

Quinn put his name on Victor Beasley and believes he can resurrect him. He better coach him up or scheme him. If he cant, it could be State Line for both of em. We could have added two or three pass rushers with $12.8M. 

Flying Falcon and vitaman like this

Vikes were 110% taking Lindstrom. Anyone who says he was available in the 2nd don't know what they're talking about. Mcgary was prob a panic pick tho after Tytus and Dillard were picked.

3 minutes ago, tldr said:

Vikes were 110% taking Lindstrom. Anyone who says he was available in the 2nd don't know what they're talking about. Mcgary was prob a panic pick tho after Tytus and Dillard were picked.

I’ve actually been looking at different websites that stated that the Vikings would have drafted him at 18. It’s still a reach to take him at 18, but he definitely wouldn’t have been there in the 2nd. Most mocks I saw had him as a late 1st round pick. 

The funny thing about the Falcons and hiring two of Matt Ryan's old OC's - Koetter and Mularkey.

I thought Mularkey ran it too much.

I thought Koetter passed it too much.

Maybe those guys can balance each other out now that they are here at the same time. :rolleyes:

Osiruz, Cole World and NeonDeion like this

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The funny thing about the Falcons and hiring two of Matt Ryan's old OC's - Koetter and Mularkey.

I thought Mularkey ran it too much.

I thought Koetter passed it too much.

Maybe those guys can balance each other out now that they are here at the same time. :rolleyes:

Quinn already said he wants balance. Balance is hard to defend. Especially for these lightweight NFL defenses trying to defend high flying Madden based spread pass offenses. We are finally trying to do what we should have done way back in 2011. Thank the Lawd.

Osiruz and g-dawg like this

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

We both saw it coming, and DQs interviews confirmed it. The writing was on the wall at that point. They were really really high on davison and invested a lot of capital into Hageman and Senat, so it made no sense to go NT. Our biggest holes were at RT, and RG and no way we were going into the season with another duct tape OL after we stunk it up last year in the run and pass. I did say TD would be fired this year if he didn't rectify the OL with a vengeance and I am glad he did. I was tired of Fuscos and Pasztors.

I was stunned at how dismissive so many were about the Hageman signing. It wasn’t just the fact we signed him, it was us signing Davison then surprisingly signing Hageman a week before the draft. Yep, you were one of a handful that recognized there was more behind that signing. Draft Strategy was revealed to us. DQs interview also revealed he is jacked up about our DT rotation and specifically named Hagemen and Davison as why.he was excited about it.

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Beasley's been here four years. I actually mocked him in the first, up until the week before that 2015 draft when I switched to Gurlie. Took a beating on TATF. That was the move. Trust me. Gurley and Free would have been nasty.

He's had one good season. In four years. Thanks to two games against DEN & LAR in 2016. A 6-8 sack guy better suited for a 3-4 defense. Not good enough in the 4-3 run game to stay on the field. Only has one pass rush move.

Quinn put his name on Victor Beasley and believes he can resurrect him. He better coach him up or scheme him. If he cant, it could be State Line for both of em. We could have added two or three pass rushers with $12.8M. 

My issue with this is you can say this about **** near every dude with sack numbers... Demarcus lawrence... iF you take away his lioens game (3 sacks) and Falcons game( i think 2 sacks) .. He has 5 sacks last year...

Like Chuck Smith said.. Sacks come in bunches... If you are busting high sack numbers your are most likely going to have 3 sacks game.

Im not here capeing for Vic .. Im just saying .. Big games are going to happen if you are putting up numbers

(by the way Rob Havenstein is a good young RT )

But i agree with Vel.... To me it seem like Beasley was told if you dont get home to spy or try to stunt inside.... That **** drives me crazy..... Most sacks come on 2nd effort but his rush basically ended if he didnt beat you his speed because he is now spying or stunting inside.... IDK.. Its just weird

Again that looked like coaching man ...  Hopefully that was part of the reason Coach Quinn made changes...

VTCrunkler likes this

2 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Takk disappears too but no one seems to talk about it I wonder why 

i agree with this but i also think at the end of the year Takk game was brandon Graham-ish...  Meaning he got some pressure that affected the QB but they wasnt sacks

But yea.. He started hot.... Disappeared in the middle of the seaon... and turned it up a lil more at the end....

He is saying he will get 10 sacks this year.

He and Beasley def has to step it up this year with the consistency this year

1 hour ago, tldr said:

Tytus won't be decent until year 2 probably even 3. 

Dillard is strictly a LT.

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’ve actually been looking at different websites that stated that the Vikings would have drafted him at 18. It’s still a reach to take him at 18, but he definitely wouldn’t have been there in the 2nd. Most mocks I saw had him as a late 1st round pick. 

And most mocks had Taylor top 5, Ford top 15, Greedy in the first, Savage in the third, etc.

The media doesn't know **** about where players are rated dude. When are y'all gonna figure that out?

41 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I was stunned at how dismissive so many were about the Hageman signing. It wasn’t just the fact we signed him, it was us signing Davison then surprisingly signing Hageman a week before the draft. Yep, you were one of a handful that recognized there was more behind that signing. Draft Strategy was revealed to us. DQs interview also revealed he is jacked up about our DT rotation and specifically named Hagemen and Davison as why.he was excited about it.

So what's your answer to us trying to trade up for Wilkins?

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So what's your answer to us trying to trade up for Wilkins?

who said we tried to trade up to get Wilkins ?