How much of an impact do you think Matt Ryan had in the decision to bring back Dirk Koetter as our offensive coordinator?

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/1083399275927740416

Jason ButtVerified account @JasonHButt
FollowFollow @JasonHButt
More

Dan Quinn said Matt Ryan was not consulted in Dirk Koetter and Mike Mularkey's hiring. But he pointed out their past working relationships can be a big positive. "You can get up to speed quickly," he said.

Edited by Geneaut

1 hour ago, FalconAge said:

I did like how much Shanahan demanded of Matt, while sprinkling in several gimme plays to keep him happy.

Matt rises to the occasion when greatest is required of him, I hope Koetter doesn't shy away from asking Matt to use his full skillset on gameday.

I agree with this. Kyle forced Matt out of his comfort zone on occasion. With some of the roll outs and naked bootlegs, but that also led to a lot of our big plays.

1 hour ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I agree with this. Kyle forced Matt out of his comfort zone on occasion. With some of the roll outs and naked bootlegs, but that also led to a lot of our big plays.

It also made him a better player in the long run for future coordinators. You can never have to many skills. 

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Koetter wasn’t our OC from 2012-2014, he wouldn’t be our OC currently.  Likely Bevell would have been the call.  I’d have liked that...but I like Dirk as well.  Bevell is more committed to running the football, though

He only runs the football. How do you have Russell Wilson and some years rank 32nd in pass attempts. **** that guy.

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He only runs the football. How do you have Russell Wilson and some years rank 32nd in pass attempts. **** that guy.

When you spend 6 million on your OL, that’s what you get.  Bevell is a great OC who basically was done in by Carroll trading away his OC for Graham and giving him a college OL.

He was top 5 Offense 4 of 6 years before getting fired.  That’s with the offense getting just 40% of the CAP.  Our offense has 60% but was usually ranked lower than Bevell’s

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

A post from a few months ago I made.  Bevell is **** good. 

In a Perfect World: Kubiak

Who Gets The Job: Koetter

My Preference: Bevell

Any of the three will do well...but from 2012-2015 Bevell did more with less.  

Bevell Offensive DVOA 2012:  4th  Koetter: 12th

Bevell Offensive DVOA 2013:  7th   Koetter: 14th

Bevell Offensive DVOA 2014: 5th    Koetter:  10th

Bevell Offensive DVOA 2015: 1st.  Koetter: 23rd

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Pretty compelling stats.....deep down, Bevell was my preference over Kubiack and Koetter....

But are those stats enough to overcome Bevel going ******* stupid in the SB? 

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They're offensive line wasn't nearly as bad back then. Koetter's was way worse and they still had Marshawn.

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pretty compelling stats.....deep down, Bevell was my preference over Kubiack and Koetter....

But are those stats enough to overcome Bevel going ******* stupid in the SB? 

To be fair, NE was set up to stop the run.

For those who argue that Seahawks should have run the ball, where would you have liked them to run it? There are eight defenders in the box against six blockers, and they have leverage based on alignment against a possible inside zone from shotgun.

Here’s what Wilson saw at the time. There’s nowhere to run.

(Defenders circled in yellow are in man coverage.)

Screen_Shot_2018_06_04_at_3.17.02_PM.png

Passing the ball was the best option in this situation. Against man coverage, a pick play was a sound choice.

There is a fair argument to be made that Seattle could have called a different pass play, to one of its more experienced options. However, given this pre-snap look, Wilson had to expect possible zero coverage, where everyone who’s not guarding an offensive player in a route is rushing the passer. That doesn’t leave much time for much of a route concept. This play, in theory, is a great press man coverage beater.

Defense just won the rep 

Edited January 17 by Falconsin2012

16 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

For those who argue that Seahawks should have run the ball, where would you have liked them to run it? There are eight defenders in the box against six blockers, and they have leverage based on alignment against a possible inside zone from shotgun.

Passing the ball was the best option in this situation. Against man coverage, a pick play was a sound choice.

There is a fair argument to be made that Seattle could have called a different pass play, to one of its more experienced options. However, given this pre-snap look, Wilson had to expect possible zero coverage, where everyone who’s not guarding an offensive player in a route is rushing the passer. That doesn’t leave much time for much of a route concept. This play, in theory, is a great press man coverage beater.

Defense just won the rep 

Seriously 2012?  Shanny is that you who hacked my friend's account? ?  You have the beast at RB with ball on the 1-yard line and NE back on their heels, you run the ball straight up the gut......much like SB 51, BB made his opposing HC/OC go completely stupid situationally.....

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Defense just won the rep 

Run left leave the edge unblocked on the right. He won't get there fast enough.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Defense just won the rep 

It was 2nd down. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Seriously 2012? You have the beast at RB and NE back on their heels, you run the ball straight up the middle......much like SB 51, BB made his opposing HC/OC go completely stupid situationally.....

If you are following Carroll’s demand to get at least 3 plays called if needed, they had to pass once.  The defense set was great to pass against.  If Russell isn’t late throwing the ball, it’s a TD