Falcons Make Top 10 In Post-Draft Power Rankings In USA Today

Despite a lot of detractors in the aftermath of the Atlanta Falcons 2019 draft, at least one sports rating agency has moved the Falcons up into the top ten of their NFL rankings. In a just-released report, USA Today moved the Falcons up from 12th to 10th place in their power rankings based on the two OL they made moves to take in the first round.

Today writer Nate Davis, looking at the return of Koetter with five first-rounders blocking for Matt Ryan, described the Falcons as, "lying in the weeds." Gotta love that description. The Falcons do some of their best work when they're totally under the radar.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/01/falcons-usa-today-2019-nfl-draft-power-rankings/?utm_source=falconswire&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos2headline

I think we can go 4-0 vs TB and Carolina, or at least 3-1, but I’m not sure this D can keep NO from scoring 30+. Actually, I seriously doubt we could.

I honestly believe we can get back to scoring 29-30 ppg this season.  Although I think we’ll have a tough time doing it against the Vikings, Eagles, Texans, and Jags, but there’s good potential for it if the OL ends up as good as we all hope.

Our defense is lacking quality consistent depth, though.  So we either have to stay healthy or the offense has to put up ~30 much of the time.

I think 9-7 is our floor (which would suck and hurts to even consider), and 12-4 is our ceiling, because the defense is such an unknown and really the offensive capability is a big unknown right now too.

My gut says 11-5, tied with NO, both make the playoffs... then I have no idea how far we can go until I see us play a few games and I get a measure of our O and D potential.

So ranking us about 10th right now, considering we were 7-9 last year, seems about right.  Hopefully we skyrocket up the rankings by a few games into the season.

24 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Duhh.

This team is a contender 

Be careful around here, some posters freak out on you, by first distorting wha you said and turning into a Super Bowl win prediction, then claiming you are a homer and it is way too early to be predicting a Super Bowl win.

i read “contender” as being in the hunt, being one of the teams that has a realistic shot to make the playoffs, and make a run in the playoffs. And certainly in that case we are.

On 5/3/2019 at 0:32 PM, PokerSteve said:

Despite a lot of detractors in the aftermath of the Atlanta Falcons 2019 draft, at least one sports rating agency has moved the Falcons up into the top ten of their NFL rankings. In a just-released report, USA Today moved the Falcons up from 12th to 10th place in their power rankings based on the two OL they made moves to take in the first round.

Today writer Nate Davis, looking at the return of Koetter with five first-rounders blocking for Matt Ryan, described the Falcons as, "lying in the weeds." Gotta love that description. The Falcons do some of their best work when they're totally under the radar.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/01/falcons-usa-today-2019-nfl-draft-power-rankings/?utm_source=falconswire&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pos2headline

He;s a smart man,, but evidently not as smart as I am.. Because we are at least in the top 4 best teams in the league ,,,  if you don't believe that? Just watch this year.. And by the end of the year the NFL world will know we are when we end up in the top 4 at the very least.  AS long as Ryan stays healthy.