Unknøwn

Braves @ Marlins

198 posts in this topic

Mattingly is going to be feeling some heat. Jeter expressed his displeasure with the team before this sweep. Marlins are on pace to challenge the Tigers and their 43 wins from 2003. Right now the Marlins are on pace to go 45-117. Their run differential is -73 and as a whole the team has a -1.2 WAR. Needless to say their current pace would make them one of the worst teams in history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of WAR, Atlanta had six different position players on pace for a WAR of 5+ heading into today. It's seven if we combine the catchers. The fact that we're only two games over .500 is maddening because our offense is best case scenario thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jidady said:

Speaking of WAR, Atlanta had six different position players on pace for a WAR of 5+ heading into today. It's seven if we combine the catchers. The fact that we're only two games over .500 is maddening because our offense is best case scenario thus far.

Good news is, our bullpen is pitching a lot better 

jidady and ATL Fan in the DMV like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Good news is, our bullpen is pitching a lot better 

Absolutely. The past few days have been the best version of the team. Our team ERA dropped more than one-third of a run this week. Part of it is that we had six unearned runs, but other than the 11-2 debacle, we've been great lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing the Marlins can cure a lot of ills. Time to buckle up and play some consistently good baseball against these other teams now.

Love that our bullpen has been pitching much better, Soroka and Fried have been sublime, and our offense no longer has any pumpkins in it with Inciarte hitting better at the bottom of the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mattingly is going to be feeling some heat. Jeter expressed his displeasure with the team before this sweep. Marlins are on pace to challenge the Tigers and their 43 wins from 2003. Right now the Marlins are on pace to go 45-117. Their run differential is -73 and as a whole the team has a -1.2 WAR. Needless to say their current pace would make them one of the worst teams in history. 

He expect Mattingly to make chicken salad out of chicken ****?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

He expect Mattingly to make chicken salad out of chicken ****?

Probably, he fired their president of business operations yesterday for the teams poor finances 

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jt

41 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Probably, he fired their president of business operations yesterday for the teams poor finances 

Jeter should fire himself. Either he really is some savant that is playing chess while everyone, EVERYONE, else is playing checkers...

Or he is just out of his depth and perpetuating the long history of Marlins ownership which just can't seem to stay out of its own way.

capologist likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mattingly is going to be feeling some heat. Jeter expressed his displeasure with the team before this sweep. Marlins are on pace to challenge the Tigers and their 43 wins from 2003. Right now the Marlins are on pace to go 45-117. Their run differential is -73 and as a whole the team has a -1.2 WAR. Needless to say their current pace would make them one of the worst teams in history. 

Jeter should take a page or two from the Braves on how to build a team from the bottom. Mattingly is not the problem, only part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

He expect Mattingly to make chicken salad out of chicken ****?

His understanding of baseball management on the executive level is like Larry the Cable Guys understanding of quantum mechanics.

Falconsfan567 and ATLBrave like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jidady said:

His understanding of baseball management on the executive level is like Larry the Cable Guys understanding of quantum mechanics.

Or really of anything. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Half a billion in FA acquisitions and the Philthies are only 1.5 ahead of the good guys.

Harper is hitting .235 and has less HRs than Albies.

maorifalcon and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Harper is hitting .235 and has less HRs than Albies.

I’m loving it.  Couldn’t have happened to a better pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Harper is hitting .235 and has less HRs than Albies.

Wonder if the fans turn on him in year 1 of his contract or not haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Wonder if the fans turn on him in year 1 of his contract or not haha

They already boo him almost every AB. Gabe Kapler even said they should in his postgame interview. 

maorifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jidady said:

Speaking of WAR, Atlanta had six different position players on pace for a WAR of 5+ heading into today. It's seven if we combine the catchers. The fact that we're only two games over .500 is maddening because our offense is best case scenario thus far.

The maddening part about the offense is that they're 2nd in the majors in hits and 25th in average with risp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 5:51 PM, Unkn0wn said:

Probably, he fired their president of business operations yesterday for the teams poor finances 

He needs to pull a Magic Johnson or simply fire himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now