Unknøwn

Braves @ Marlins

198 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Yeah, what happened? 

Don't know for sure but looked like it might have been his back.

It's clear that none of the "trolls" on this board claiming the Braves are a lock for 4th place haven't watched the Nationals play this year.

Dave Martinez finally decides to pull Joe Ross but not before allowing Ross to surrender 5 runs and the lead!

Bang, Phils lose, Nats win. 1.5 back and could pick up a game on the Mets if they Brewers can beat them 

Yes!! Nationals beat the Phillies 10-8! Braves now 1.5 behind! Mets and Brewers are tied at 2 in the 14th inning. Chance for this to be a good night for the Braves in the standings!

Let's get the sweep tomorrow though. Would be awesome to be 2 games above .500 before we head out west.

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Let's get the sweep tomorrow though. Would be awesome to be 2 games above .500 before we head out west.

Also if the Braves win tomorrow they will have a nice lilttle run going. It will be 6 wins in 8 games. I know folks got all in a tizzy over the series against the Reds and Rockies but they've rebounded nicely.

tl;dr likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's clear that none of the "trolls" on this board claiming the Braves are a lock for 4th place haven't watched the Nationals play this year.

Just feel this needs to be reiterated again. The Nats aren't very good this year. I'm not sure the Mets are as good as people think either. 

We still could finish 3rd, or even 4th. But to say we are a lock to finish 4th just isn't very smart. I would say we are probably the 2nd best team right now, but who knows what will happen with the Phillies 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Just feel this needs to be reiterated again. The Nats aren't very good this year. I'm not sure the Mets are as good as people think either. 

We still could finish 3rd, or even 4th. But to say we are a lock to finish 4th just isn't very smart. I would say we are probably the 2nd best team right now, but who knows what will happen with the Phillies 

For as "unbeatable" as the Phillies are they're only 18-14 for the season and the Braves have more wins than the Phillies since that opening series sweep. The Braves have every bit as much a chance of winning this division as anyone.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

For as "unbeatable" as the Phillies are they're only 18-14 for the season and the Braves have more wins than the Phillies since that opening series sweep. The Braves have every bit as much a chance of winning this division as anyone.

The Phillies are definitely not as good as people may think, but there are still good enough to win the division. If Fried and Soroka don't fade down the stretch, if Folty becomes the guy from last year, and if Gausman improves like those stats you posted earlier showed, we will be fine. 

As always, health is a question mark, but that's a ? with every team. 

And as bad as our bullpen (or as inconsistent) as they've been, it's still probably no worse than Phillies.

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

The Phillies are definitely not as good as people may think, but there are still good enough to win the division. If Fried and Soroka don't fade down the stretch, if Folty becomes the guy from last year, and if Gausman improves like those stats you posted earlier showed, we will be fine. 

As always, health is a question mark, but that's a ? with every team. 

And as bad as our bullpen (or as inconsistent) as they've been, it's still probably no worse than Phillies.

Coming into tonight the Braves bullpen was 17th and only slightly worse than the Phillies, but not much.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So it begs the question what moves are made at the deadline if the braves are within 2 games of the division

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

So it begs the question what moves are made at the deadline if the braves are within 2 games of the division

I know we all want mega moves made to reinforce the pitching staff but I see all the answers already in the organization. We've seen flashes of a very good all around team this year. I think if the right deal was to present its self we would make the move like the Gausman move last year. Nobody saw that move coming. We've already improved the bullpen with guys like Winkler, Webb, and Blevins. Dayton looks like he might be one of the answers too.

Acuna said he felt fine and wants to play today. I would expect Snitker to hold him out though. Not much rest time and a long flight to LA follows the game today.