Unknøwn

Braves @ Marlins

198 posts in this topic

Friday, 7:10, Gausman vs Jose Urena

Saturday, 6:10, Soroka vs Trevor Richards

Sunday, 1:10, Teheran vs Pablo Lopez

Urena is the guy who hit Acuna on the elbow last year. That day Gausman told the media that Urena would have to answer for it one day. Tonight Urena will step in the box against Gausman.

tl;dr, JDFIII, Drew4719 and 3 others like this

Touki was scratched from his AAA start last night. Could be joining the Braves bullpen in Miami tonight. Carle was sent to AAA immediately after the game yesterday. 

They were talking about it on the broadcast yesterday. Hopefully Urena just takes his base and doesn't do anything

Some of the Braves media made a good point about Touki. He could be coming up to eat innings in the event Gausman or someone is ejected during this series with Urena out there. I expect the Marlins to let it happen and move on. The umps likely know what's coming too.

10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Some of the Braves media made a good point about Touki. He could be coming up to eat innings in the event Gausman or someone is ejected during this series with Urena out there. I expect the Marlins to let it happen and move on. The umps likely know what's coming too.

Good, good move to be prepared.

LOL guess I should drop Gausman from my fantasy team. 

Will be interesting to see what happens, but word was earlier Donnie Baseball didn't like how his team rolled over and lost so many games to the Braves last year. Urena should get plunked and Id count on getting retaliated against.  

4 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

LOL guess I should drop Gausman from my fantasy team. 

Will be interesting to see what happens, but word was earlier Donnie Baseball didn't like how his team rolled over and lost so many games to the Braves last year. Urena should get plunked and Id count on getting retaliated against.  

If the umps issue a warning instantly it would likely wait till tomorrow. That will cause even more fireworks because I'm not sure the Braves would stand for anyone being hit after what happened to Acuna.

There were no pregame warnings. If Gausman meant he'd throw at Urena it's happening. You can take the quote in different ways though, and I'd prefer other things (like maybe bombing Urena and slow trotting around the bases on a HR).

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

They were talking about it on the broadcast yesterday. Hopefully Urena just takes his base and doesn't do anything

This team needs to win this series I’d hate to lose a starter over retaliation but sometimes you have to send a message. 

4 hours ago, Black Francis said:

This team needs to win this series I’d hate to lose a starter over retaliation but sometimes you have to send a message. 

I'm assuming we won't hit him if it's something like 0 outs, men on 1st and 2nd, but you never know

35 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Would love for Acuna to destroy one and take his time being around the bases.  That might spark some actions alone. 

If he did that, that's enough retaliation on its own IMO.

CrimsonFalcon likes this

5 minutes ago, ATL Fan in the DMV said:

Eh, I could take him or leave him...

He's better than Francoeur, in my opinion