Falcons Fan MVP

We have a great opportunity to take down the Saints for the division crown in 2019. Here is why.

34 posts in this topic

The Falcons lucked out on the NFL schedule more than the Saints did. The Saints have to play the Seahawks and the Rams both on the road! We get both the Seahawks and Rams at home. The Saints also have to play at Chicago. That should give the Falcons a huge advantage. The ADC south is kind of unpredictable IMO so I didn't really take that into consideration. The Saints have to play at Jacksonville and at Tennessee and we play at Indy and at Houston. They may have a slight advantage there but it's close to call. I'd say we have an advantage schedule wise. I also believe we are better than the Saints if our running game is clicking. So I'd say if we are going to take back the NFC south this year is a great opportunity to do it. 

quickzero, Stryka and samuel like this

20 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Falcons lucked out on the NFL schedule more than the Saints did. The Saints have to play the Seahawks and the Rams both on the road! We get both the Seahawks and Rams at home. The Saints also have to play at Chicago. That should give the Falcons a huge advantage. The ADC south is kind of unpredictable IMO so I didn't really take that into consideration. The Saints have to play at Jacksonville and at Tennessee and we play at Indy and at Houston. They may have a slight advantage there but it's close to call. I'd say we have an advantage schedule wise. I also believe we are better than the Saints if our running game is clicking. So I'd say if we are going to take back the NFC south this year is a great opportunity to do it. 

If we get anything close out of this rookie class to what we got out of the 2016 class I think it’s a lock. 

5 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

They are also a better team. They've got a better QB,  better coach, better RB, and at least as good a defense. 

We have the better receiving corp and a slightly weaker schedule but those are the only real advantages we have.

We differ on aspects, but similar.

I think the QB difference is much more negligible than would seem, but primarily because Brees has consitently had a good pass blocking OL and scheme  (which goes back to your coaching comment).

These should both be top 5-10 offensive teams.  It really comes down to who can gameplan, get pressure, and get some turnovers.

Ovie_Lover and quickzero like this

13 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

We differ on aspects, but similar.

I think the QB difference is much more negligible than would seem, but primarily because Brees has consitently had a good pass blocking OL and scheme  (which goes back to your coaching comment).

These should both be top 5-10 offensive teams.  It really comes down to who can gameplan, get pressure, and get some turnovers.

Yeah,  the difference between Matt and Drew isn't huge,  but he's still better until Matt proves to be better. Matt's close but not there yet. 

Coach and RB is still a definitive edge. There probably have a slightly better defense too. 

22 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

They are also a better team. They've got a better QB,  better coach, better RB, and at least as good a defense. 

We have the better receiving corp and a slightly weaker schedule but those are the only real advantages we have.

I'm assuming the Falcons and Saints will split the season series.

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Yeah,  the difference between Matt and Drew isn't huge,  but he's still better until Matt proves to be better. Matt's close but not there yet. 

Coach and RB is still a definitive edge. There probably have a slightly better defense too. 

When do you think Matt Ryan will hit his ceiling?

6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

When do you think Matt Ryan will hit his ceiling?

I think we already have. Matt is a legit MVP QB when he has thr right pieces around him. 

Should be a SB Winning QB if not for an extraordinary amount of bad luck. 

PokerSteve and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I think we already have. Matt is a legit MVP QB when he has thr right pieces around him. 

he has had the right pieces what was he missing in our super bowl and 2012 season?

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, UGABOZ said:

he has had the right pieces what was he missing in our super bowl and 2012 season?

Our SB was just unusually horrible luck. He had everything he needed.

2012 Matt was not the QB he is today. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Just now, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Our SB was just unusually horrible luck. He had everything he needed.

2012 Matt was not the QB he is today. 

so in 2012 no points in the second half are we blaming oline and play call? I mean **** we cant blame ryan right? lol at super bowl comment

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

so in 2012 no points in the second half are we blaming oline and play call? I mean **** we cant blame ryan right? lol at super bowl comment

I'm sorry but are you not reading?? 

I clearly said Matt wasn't as good as he is today. Even still he had a really good game in the NFC Championship that year. But he made a few too many mistakes. Would have helped to get some help from the run game. But Matt had the weapons to succeed and didn't get the job done. 

And heck no you can't blame Matt for the SB. Are you freaking serious? He has the highest Passer rating ever in the SB. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

18 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I think we already have. Matt is a legit MVP QB when he has thr right pieces around him

Ryan has had way more weapons than Brees:

• WR - Julio, Roddy, Sanu, Ridley vs Colston, Thomas, Stills, Moore
  • RB - Turner, Free vs Ingram, Kamara
  • TE - TonyG, Hoop vs Graham, Shockey
  • FB - Ovie, Dimarco vs Evans, Line

Brees had the better Olines but maybe just maybe Dimi has finally addressed that.

thamill likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Too many IFs

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

The Falcons schedule is not easy ,Vikings,Eagles and Colts could be troubling if we don't come out with are a game. 0-3 would not be good.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I don't think so.

Overall we have better roster if all healthy...we sweep them.

Last year, with plethora of injuries we went in Overtime at home and almost beat them on road had it not been for self inflicted errors.

With Koetter, Dan Quinn & Mike Mularkey combo we straight up should annihilate them and I'll stand behind this for 2019.

Give Matt Ryan extra 2 secs in pocket and he will rip their hearts out.

One thing that has made the Saints tough to beat the past 2 years is Kamara running behind that OL. 

1. Falcons run defense is now better with Davison, Hageman, Clayborn, Year 2 Senat, Keanu coming back, and Quinn taking over. 

2. Falcons revamped OL will make the defense better with the offense being able to sustain longer drives through use of a more balanced approach that includes more running.

3. Max Unger is no longer there, though they still have a very good OL without him.

In no world do I see trying to defend Kamara this year as any harder than last year. Kamara is also a heck of a receiving back. Debo back, Year 2 Foye, and the speed of the emerging Kazee will help.

59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No they don’t, and no they aren’t. 

The saints are the best team in the division entering this season. They’re coming off back to back division titles. Falcons have a shot. But they’ll need the saints to have some bad luck or injuries in the process 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

37 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The saints are the best team in the division entering this season. They’re coming off back to back division titles. Falcons have a shot. But they’ll need the saints to have some bad luck or injuries in the process 

We don’t know that my friend. Every year teams that are proclaimed favorites in preseason end up being also-rans, and vice-versa. Losing Ingram and Unger were big losses for them. We also saw 40 year old Brees fall off quite a bit end of last year. In a QB-driven league, that is always a deciding factor as to how far a team goes. Plus all their whining about how their season ended, that can play havoc on a team’s mindset. 

I’m one of least homers on this board. But We’ve got as much talent as saints or anyone else in league. The key will be staying healthy and better coaching from top on down.

Besides health.....Coaching and OL were the two areas we were noticeably weaker than aints,  and we made a ton of changes there this past offseason. That in the end will be the deciding factor as to who wins NFCS, IMO.  

59 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We don’t know that my friend. Every year teams that are proclaimed favorites in preseason end up being also-rans, and vice-versa. Losing Ingram and Unger were big losses for them. We also saw 40 year old Brees fall off quite a bit end of last year. In a QB-driven league, that is always a deciding factor as to how far a team goes. Plus all their whining about how their season ended, that can play havoc on a team’s mindset. 

I’m one of least homers on this board. But We’ve got as much talent as saints or anyone else in league. The key will be staying healthy and better coaching from top on down.

Besides health.....Coaching and OL were the two areas we were noticeably weaker than aints,  and we made a ton of changes there this past offseason. That in the end will be the deciding factor as to who wins NFCS, IMO.  

Hope you’re right my friend. It’s all about this new offensive line. If this strategy pays off, this team will be a monster