Cominsky is my guy

Man my expectations are in check but his attributes speed, 3 cone, 40 & shuttle are all on the level of Aaron Donald . I’m slick hoping he comes in & has that kind of impact from day1 like AD. Wouldn’t that be some shlt with the majority wanting a DT & me being on paper for Oliver the supposed AD jr . We go OL crazy & still end up landing an elite DT .. Would be story book for sure . :D

Slow your roll, guys.  He's going to be a huge project.

Remember, the guy was a 215 lb option QB just a few years ago.

He's got a really high potential ceiling, but also a very very low potential floor too.  And that floor can, and likely will, rise as he gets NFL coaching.  But right now, he's going to get abused by NFL talent, and it's not going to be pretty.

Some of you need to be prepared for him quite possibly not dressing for a single game past pre-season.

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

He's got a really high potential ceiling, but also a very very low potential floor too.  And that floor can, and likely will, rise as he gets NFL coaching.  But right now, he's going to get abused by NFL talent, and it's not going to be pretty.

Some of you need to be prepared for him quite possibly not dressing for a single game past pre-season.

Naah, I'm good with thinking he's AD lite. Slowing my roll is putting the "lite" there instead of "2.0". I expect him to  contribute immediately in the run game and have a solid pass rush by midseason.

Know what happens if I'm wrong? That's right, I'll be wrong. I'l do my best to live with the guilt and shame.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Naah, I'm good with thinking he's AD lite. Slowing my roll is putting the "lite" there instead of "2.0". I expect him to  contribute immediately in the run game and have a solid pass rush by midseason.

Know what happens if I'm wrong? That's right, I'll be wrong. I'l do my best to live with the guilt and shame.

Did you watch his interview video after we drafted him?

The guy was more surprised he got drafted where/when he did than any of us were.

The AD comparisons, even with "lite" are just crazy.  But whatevs....

1 minute ago, Beef said:

Did you watch his interview video after we drafted him?

The guy was more surprised he got drafted where/when he did than any of us were.

The AD comparisons, even with "lite" are just crazy.  But whatevs....

Or, you know, he was overwhelmed from just being drafted and realizing a life long dream.

Part of the enjoyment I get from following the falcons is looking at a player like Cominsky and thinking, "another late round gem, I want him to start the season en fuego and get chosen all-pro as a rookie"

Worst that happens is that I'm wrong, but I've been wrong before.

I just think it's silly to think that I  should be a certain way to be the proper type of fan.

31 minutes ago, Beef said:

Let them enjoy that koolaide, it’s hot outside today. :ninja::)

I like his potential too, but agree he’s a raw prospect. 

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Or, you know, he was overwhelmed from just being drafted and realizing a life long dream. 

Part of the enjoyment I get from following the falcons is looking at a player like Cominsky and thinking, "another late round gem, I want him to start the season en fuego and get chosen all-pro as a rookie"

For sure, can’t blame him for that either. Can you imagine?

And I think we did find a diamond in the rough. 

23 minutes ago, falconidae said:

This. The only time having high expectations in someone is bad is when you blame them for your expectations. It's like Kroy Biermann. He was a 5th round pick and people expected more of him and that's fine but it's not his fault that the team tried to rely on him to be their superstar pass rusher. He was obviously playing above his head anyway. But everyone acted like he should have been playing like a first round pick and hated him for it. 

41 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Before y'all come in and say "BUT IT'S A SMALL SCHOOL, HE'S IN THE BIG LEAGUES NOW" remember that this is what you WANT to see out of small school guys. Total domination.

I love the pick - but your analysis above I believe is incorrect.   I remember the question from Vaughn McClure at the press conference was "Were you concerned that he (Cominsky) didn't exactly dominate on the small school level?"

https://ucgoldeneagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5174

only had 3 sacks but did have 16.5 TFLs......decent numbers but not dominating.

31 minutes ago, Beef said:

You’re acting like he’s been anointed 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I love the pick - but your analysis above I believe is incorrect.   I remember the question from Vaughn McClure at the press conference was "Were you concerned that he (Cominsky) didn't exactly dominate on the small school level?"

Good catch. Sounds a bit like Saubert. Hopefully Quinn can coach the kid up, the talent is there.

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

39.5 TFL and 9.5 sacks the last two years while usually being doubled and always being team's focus on neutralizing. And that was in a 3-3-5 front, too. Not saying he's the next big thing, but he did dominate. 

He's got a ways to to. So raw. But he's got a ton of ability.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Worst that happens is that I'm wrong, but I've been wrong before.

I just think it's silly to think that I  should be a certain way to be the proper type of fan.

Come on, I didn't question anyone's fandom or critique your "fan type".

I simply warned people about unrealistic expectations.  I could care less if you don't care about being right or wrong.  This isn't about you.

You're clearly taking it personal because I'm trying to be realistic and not going along with your AD lite comparison insanity.

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You’re acting like he’s been anointed 

Dude, someone here actually believe's he's AD "lite" caliber already.  A DII guy with 3 sacks last year.

And I'm catching flack for simply telling people to chill out with the expectations.  LOL

Just now, Beef said:

Dude, someone here actually believe's he's AD "lite" caliber already.  A DII guy with 3 sacks last year.

And I'm catching flack for simply telling people to chill out with the expectations.  LOL

You’re not catching flack from me. That AD comparison came after you made that post. No one anointed him before you made that post