It's undeniable ths affect that a clean pocket has on Matt's performance.

Matt's a top 10 QB under any circumstances, but when Matt Ryan is protected he's one of the best QBs in the league. If we can fix our O-Line our offense will be a juggernaut with Julio,  Ridley,  Sanu, Freeman and Hooper as weapons. 

Barrett-16.png

17 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Matt's a top 10 QB under any circumstances, but when Matt Ryan is protected he's one of the best QBs in the league. If we can fix our O-Line our offense will be a juggernaut with Julio,  Ridley,  Sanu, Freeman and Hooper as weapons. 

Barrett-16.png

460 under pressure snaps is pathetic. The more time passes the more I am okay with drafting 2 lineman with our top picks.

30 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Barrett-16.png

Geez, Ryan nearly leads in both clean pocket & dirty pocket attempts. 

This teams needs a commitment to run the football

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

460 under pressure snaps is pathetic. The more time passes the more I am okay with drafting 2 lineman with our top picks.

It really is. While I understand some not liking the method in which we went about addressing the line, at least we finally threw some real resources at it. 

47 minutes ago, slider said:

The fallacy of the "You can't blitz Brees" mantra is exposed here.

Disagree tbh, the way to mess up Brees is to get pressure with 4. 5 tops. Double Thomas, Debo on Kamara.

He's bad under pressure, but when you blitz he gets the ball out stupid fast. Too good at identifying the mismatch.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Disagree tbh, the way to mess up Brees is to get pressure with 4. 5 tops. Double Thomas, Debo on Kamara.

He's bad under pressure, but when you blitz he gets the ball out stupid fast. Too good at identifying the mismatch.

5 is a blitz. I'd be willing to bet 80% of the Saints pass plays involve the RB leaving the backfield. They throw to the RB as much if not more than any team in the league. No free releases for Kamara. Jam Kamara all day every play. Blitz pressure helps hold the RB in the backfield. Instead of manning up Kamara, (which doesn't work because of their rub techniques)  I'd instruct every D lineman to disengage with his blocker and disrupt Kamara at the line if he comes his way, then I'd run a matchup zone underneath with the LB's, keying on the RB. It never ceases to amaze me how the Falcons can be beaten play after play by Kamara out of the backfield as if it's the first time they've seen it.

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Makes me like RWilson more and more when looking at these numbers, and reinforcing Brady may really be the GOAT.

It's crazy, because Brady used to show poorly in the pressured numbers.  I don't know if it's just being in the same offense for 20 years, or if it's all the quick option routes...but it's hard to throw him off his game.

People complain about M Ryan having a noodle arm and not being able to throw a deep ball to Julio, yet these are the same ones who can't see that Ryan not being able to step into the throw is his main problem on these passes.  Sounds like with all these new offensive linemen, we should have this solved out soon enough. 

5 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Barrett-16.png

The only guy with more Under Pressure Attempts than Ryan was Philip Rivers.   

6 hours ago, Tandy said:

Based on number of attempts - the chart posted by OP is for the past 3 years combined. 

Here is a visual chart from 2018:

exmUIsx.jpg

What I see here is that Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson are really good...

And have probably over performed with sub par line play not just in 2018 but throughout their careers...

It takes a team...That includes not just OL, but an entire defense, ST, and don’t forget coaching...

BB and Brady don’t have the success without one another...

Although is lean my argument more towards BB bc at some point he could get a QB that would win at least 1 Lombardi...

If TB12 on another team, not sure if he’d have one...

I digress...different subject, different, day...

Glad we upgraded the OL for Matt...could we see 5000+ yards?

48 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Glad we upgraded the OL for Matt...could we see 5000+ yards?

I'm not sure we see that number.   I honestly think we will improve the run game and the defense substantially, resulting in less need for Ryan to close out games passing.   If that's the case, i believe we will see more wins, but maybe less passing attempts.

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I'm not sure we see that number.   I honestly think we will improve the run game and the defense substantially, resulting in less need for Ryan to close out games passing.   If that's the case, i believe we will see more wins, but maybe less passing attempts.

Probably right, but I will put the Falcons offensive total yards over/under at 6400 yards...

We were at 5800 and 6200 the last two years...6600 in 16’ SB year...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan