10 minutes ago, vel said:

Agreed. I defer to DQ, but once I looked at the nickel group, I saw he was going to just roll with his guys because he basically hand picked this entire group. Players need to step up, but betting on everybody stepping up is risky. I'm expecting top 16 defense. At least be top half of the league. Not expecting top ten. 

One thing could really help the defense is an offense that can finally run the 4 minute offense at the end of the game. If they can bring in a FB, a 6th OL & Ollison, then run for 2-3 first downs at the end of the game  so the defense never has to deal with that last minute desperation drive, defense looks much better.

So fun watching him play. Guys wind up on the ground all the time. Only pressures I really saw him give up were ones where the guy had to run all the way around him, and imo if you give your QB 4-5 seconds you've done your job. Stones guys trying to rush with power, rips, technique etc. It's just speed, and is it a speed rush if it takes you that long to get to the QB? Stud.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

So fun watching him play. Guys wind up on the ground all the time. Only pressures I really saw him give up were ones where the guy had to run all the way around him, and imo if you give your QB 4-5 seconds you've done your job. Stones guys trying to rush with power, rips, technique etc. It's just speed, and is it a speed rush if it takes you that long to get to the QB? Stud.

He looks like once he gets his hands on your numbers you are done for that play. We may need to help him with speed guys with a TE or a RB at times, but that can be worked around. It's hard to work around DL bulldozing your OL, and I'm not sure many people are going to bulldoze McGary.

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

He looks like once he gets his hands on your numbers you are done for that play. We may need to help him with speed guys with a TE or a RB at times, but that can be worked around. It's hard to work around DL bulldozing your OL, and I'm not sure many people are going to bulldoze McGary.

Have yet to find a guy who bullrushed McGary successfully. But I love seeing guys try.

Every time I look at tape of McGary, the dude is just pancaking dudes, he truly is an aggressive lineman. Absolutely love his game. Him and Chris Lindstrom vs Cam Jordan of the sAints should be a really good match-up this year. I thought he was most dominate vs Oregon and Ohio St as well.