• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where do you see that? He was sacked 22 times

Mike Smith said it best on CBS draft coverage when discussing the Falcons two first round picks: ”Give Matt Ryan time and he will cut you up.”

Let's be real, Matt just had twins.  Dude ain't having sacks for at least 3 years...

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Posted on the Browns board

QB Hits Allowed since Week 9:

CLE: 4 
BAL, IND, NE: 19 

During the 2018 regular season, Brady was sacked 21 times and hit two other times in 596 dropbacks, resulting in a hit rate of less than 4 percent. The league average is roughly double that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/29/secret-tom-bradys-longevity/%3foutputType=amp

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

During the 2018 regular season, Brady was sacked 21 times and hit two other times in 596 dropbacks, resulting in a hit rate of less than 4 percent. The league average is roughly double that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/01/29/secret-tom-bradys-longevity/%3foutputType=amp

Just ****.

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I don't buy that **** for a second

3 hours ago, athell said:

Think he means playoffs...

e:

Yeah, 1st sack allowed was against the Rams.  Only sacked once all playoffs last year.

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Then why say season? And why ask about Ryan only being sacked for 10 a season? He's talking regular season my dude.

And even then 2 playoff games with no sacks for the Patriots isn't a big deal. You know how fast Brady gets the ball out.

I screwed up. Heard a commentator say X was his first sack of the season, or that's how I heard it. I was so impressed that it stuck in my head and I didn't double-check this miraculous thing I thought I heard. Stooopidd!

Anyway, it's fun to think what could happen if Matt was sacked at a very low rate.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If you look at the graph, every bottom point has led to a title.  

DBUU5LG2KRE5VC4QI5SLW5QNBI.jpg

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

How bout Luck like 3 sacks the whole season including the playoffs.

While I screwed up my original reference, these two posts get to the point of the question. What would our season look like If Matt had either of these?

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

While I screwed up my original reference, these two posts get to the point of the question. What would our season look like If Matt had either of these?

Matt holds onto the ball, taking unnecessary sacks.  Brady is getting the balll our our throwing it away.  Plus NE attacks you horizontally in the passing game.  Lots of quick outs to backs and TE’s.  Much shorter routes

14 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

This past season Brady was not sacked a single time until the Chiefs game or the SB (can't remember which). We just bet the house payment that we could improve the line with our draft and FA. We are hopeful but, we know very well how hard it can be to get a line to gel (after Mud Ducks departure and up to our historic 2016). 

Just for Fun, what would a season look like where Matt took zero or less than 10 sacks in a season? 

I'm thinking we'd have a season without those moments where we "need" a play to stay in or win a game. I would think with that kind of protections teams could only hang with us through equal talent (not many have it) or through sheer luck. 

Every team we play would have to have two VB44...

12 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

How bout Luck like 3 sacks the whole season including the playoffs.

Where do ya'll get these stats lol.  Luck was sacked 18 times this past season, which is a really low number, but 3 times lol.  Before last season he was a guy who got sacked a ton.  Think he knew he had to get rid of the ball with that gimpy shoulder.

Matt Ryan was only sacked 17 times as a rookie, franchise record.  It's funny because people thought that line sucked and he was going to get killed.  A lot of it has to do with offense design.  To lower the sack totals sometimes you give up opportunities to make a large number of big plays. 

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

Where do ya'll get these stats lol.  Luck was sacked 18 times this past season, which is a really low number, but 3 times lol.  Before last season he was a guy who got sacked a ton.  Think he knew he had to get rid of the ball with that gimpy shoulder.

Matt Ryan was only sacked 17 times as a rookie, franchise record.  It's funny because people thought that line sucked and he was going to get killed.  A lot of it has to do with offense design.  To lower the sack totals sometimes you give up opportunities to make a large number of big plays. 

You're right I misspoken I knew it was like one sack per game type of stat line....my baf