This past season Brady was not sacked a single time until the Chiefs game or the SB (can't remember which). We just bet the house payment that we could improve the line with our draft and FA. We are hopeful but, we know very well how hard it can be to get a line to gel (after Mud Ducks departure and up to our historic 2016). 

Just for Fun, what would a season look like where Matt took zero or less than 10 sacks in a season? 

I'm thinking we'd have a season without those moments where we "need" a play to stay in or win a game. I would think with that kind of protections teams could only hang with us through equal talent (not many have it) or through sheer luck. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where do you see that? He was sacked 22 times

Mike Smith said it best on CBS draft coverage when discussing the Falcons two first round picks: ”Give Matt Ryan time and he will cut you up.”

Let's be real, Matt just had twins.  Dude ain't having sacks for at least 3 years...

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

He did say "this past season" didn't mention playoffs. And that's really not a big deal tbh Brady went 1 or 2 games without getting sacked woooaaahhhh

Also he mentions Ryan for a season so I think he meant the entire season.

Nah he is talking playoffs.  I mean zero sacks through 3 playoff games is pretty impressive, not gonna lie.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Nah he is talking playoffs.  I mean zero sacks through 3 playoff games is pretty impressive, not gonna lie.

Then why say season? And why ask about Ryan only being sacked for 10 a season? He's talking regular season my dude.

And even then 2 playoff games with no sacks for the Patriots isn't a big deal. You know how fast Brady gets the ball out.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Then why say season? And why ask about Ryan only being sacked for 10 a season? He's talking regular season my dude.

And even then 2 playoff games with no sacks for the Patriots isn't a big deal. You know how fast Brady gets the ball out.

ok you may be right...he probably meant playoffs but said season.  Season would be truly incredible lol

1 minute ago, athell said:

ok you may be right...he probably meant playoffs but said season.  Season would be truly incredible lol

My only thing is if he was talking about playoffs he mentions the first sack may have come against the chiefs, in that case it's one game without a sack in his mind. Is that really that impressive?

So to me he 100% means season.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

My only thing is if he was talking about playoffs he mentions the first sack may have come against the chiefs, in that case it's one game without a sack in his mind. Is that really that impressive?

So to me he 100% means season.

You are really sleuthing the **** outta this, Yo :lol:

I mean, he DID mention "season" 4 times...ok I'm out I have spent far more time on this thread than I care to admit lol

32 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

This past season Brady was not sacked a single time until the Chiefs game or the SB (can't remember which). We just bet the house payment that we could improve the line with our draft and FA. We are hopeful but, we know very well how hard it can be to get a line to gel (after Mud Ducks departure and up to our historic 2016). 

Just for Fun, what would a season look like where Matt took zero or less than 10 sacks in a season? 

I'm thinking we'd have a season without those moments where we "need" a play to stay in or win a game. I would think with that kind of protections teams could only hang with us through equal talent (not many have it) or through sheer luck. 

Lol man this thread is a fail, you need to check up on those stats

28 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It’s not just the sacks but hits which wears down the Qb. Add more pressures, all QB get happy feet. Ryan was sacked 37 times in 2016 but wasn’t getting hit nor was under duress all game. 

Mike Smith said it best on CBS draft coverage when discussing the Falcons two first round picks:

”Give Matt Ryan time and he will cut you up.”