Falconsfan567

Padres Thread

160 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I mean, we have people on the boards who aren't very optimistic, but they are here win, lose, or draw. It's mainly the fact that you only appear when you can push your narrative that gets to me. 

I'd fist bump you  so hard right now. Too much truth in this statement 

tl;dr and Falconsfan567 like this

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

What's sad is that he looked better than one of our relievers lmao 

When i said the braves were gonna be a 3rd or 4th place team I was basing it on the everyday lineup. I didn't think that the signing of donaldson and markakis would enable them to compete.  THEY are not the problem so far.  donaldson is starting to look like a great pick up. 

What I'm surprised about is the awful pitching.  Last season they mainly needed setup guys. This season the whole thing is garbage.  They might HAVE to move riley or another prospect to help their pitching.

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

When i said the braves were gonna be a 3rd or 4th place team I was basing it on the everyday lineup. I didn't think that the signing of donaldson and markakis would enable them to compete.  THEY are not the problem so far.  donaldson is starting to look like a great pick up. 

What I'm surprised about is the awful pitching.  Last season they mainly needed setup guys. This season the whole thing is garbage.  They might HAVE to move riley or another prospect to help their pitching.

2.5 games out of first.. lets not pretend like we’re not in what will be a pretty fluid division.. 

and if I say we’re gonna be a first, second, third or fourth place team.. does that make me a genius?

falconsd56 and Falconsfan567 like this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Carle tweeted that he figured out hes been tipping his pitches.

Something is up.  His stuff is too good for him to be essentially throwing batting practice when he is in the game.

15 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Our lineup is fine and then we have a couple of dependable pitchers. I think Folty will get it together and ultimately be fine, but Gausman and Teheran are hit or miss sometimes.

We really need to at least take 2/3 from the Marlins to get back to .500

9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Carle tweeted that he figured out hes been tipping his pitches.

On the one hand, I'd love for him to be right. On the other hand, my first reaction is, "He must be tipping off players that he'll walk them."

Malachore likes this