Falconsfan567

Padres Thread

160 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, jidady said:

Amusingly, Folty's error on that play saves him four earned runs. He only gets credit for two.

I've always felt that if the pitcher commits the error then the runs should be earned. Why should the pitcher be bailed out by his own error? Makes no sense to me.

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Well well look who’s back 

Lol at this point the jokes write themselves. Missed him after the great performance last night. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So glad we brought back Shane Carle and got rid of Wes Parsons!!

Wait what?!

I haven't been keeping up with the roster lately, but where's Parsons? Minors?

8 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

This whole game isn't on Folty but I think it's pretty clear that until he has his 2018 slider, he will not be Folty as his other secondaries are nowhere near that and he's not a guy that "pitches".

He had his 2018 slider in his 1st start but he didn't have it today. Also, the whole "he doesn't pitch" thing isn't true. Him getting all these early outs in both starts makes that statement false. He got all those early outs because he was pitching and not just throwing like he had previously done. He just got rattled today in that 5th inning and couldn't stop it. That is the main issue with him. Once he gets rattled he's done. He's not gonna calm down and limit the damage. Brian Snitker left him in the game way too long!

Just now, E. T. said:

Wait what?!

I haven't been keeping up with the roster lately, but where's Parsons? Minors?

Yes. Wes Parsons is in the minors. Biddle was put on the IL and the team called up Carle and then when Folty was activated later in the day they sent Parsons down.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes. Wes Parsons is in the minors. Biddle was put on the IL and the team called up Carle and then when Folty was activated later in the day they sent Parsons down.

So glad we brought Carle up now! Looks like a great decision!!! 

Malachore likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just don't get it. Where's the common sense in team management!

Falconsfan567 likes this

I'm also not here as much but I have other places to chat at. Fried was awesome yesterday. Soroka too. Ultimately two starts isn't enough to write a season book on Folty.

1 minute ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I'm also not here as much but I have other places to chat at. Fried was awesome yesterday. Soroka too. Ultimately two starts isn't enough to write a season book on Folty.

Oh it's not you lol. There is one poster in particular who is never here when we win, but the moment we lose a game, he is here spelling doom and gloom. 

Because the clown would not take Carle out, we have very little chance to win this game. I have no idea why that clown kept Carle in when he just kept getting shelled. 

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Oh it's not you lol. There is one poster in particular who is never here when we win, but the moment we lose a game, he is here spelling doom and gloom. 

Dude...I was thinking of that very thing yesterday. 

I said this is a 3rd or 4th place team at the beginning of the season and thats where they are...

Posted (edited)

Burn the tape from this game outside of the inning Culberson pitched. The rest of the series was a good series played, in the other game that was lost, the team just got Paddack'd by a guy that could be a stud pitcher really soon. Hopefully that part of the series is more indicative of the team coming out of the slump because after the Marlins, most of the rest of the month is a bear and if you don't buckle down, this team really could be a 4th place'r. 

Edited by VoiceofReason95

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Had to have the utility man come in and pitch...:lol:

What's sad is that he looked better than one of our relievers lmao 

Malachore and Spts1 like this

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Dude...I was thinking of that very thing yesterday. 

I mean, we have people on the boards who aren't very optimistic, but they are here win, lose, or draw. It's mainly the fact that you only appear when you can push your narrative that gets to me. 

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I mean, we have people on the boards who aren't very optimistic, but they are here win, lose, or draw. It's mainly the fact that you only appear when you can push your narrative that gets to me. 

Yeah that’s really messed up. Those folks should be banned IMO

tl;dr likes this