TX Falcon

Lack of SEC Players (especially UGA)

126 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I know a lot of you are going to hate this conversation but the numbers don't lie! There were 64 players selected from the BEST college football conference which happens to be the SEC! So now that we know that let's talk about how many players did the Falcons take in this draft from the SEC? Don't worry its an easy number ZERO! There were enough players from the SEC drafted to give each team 2 players each yet our team seem to reach for people every year! For the "8th" year in a row he Falcons have run from players from a College (UGA) located less than 70 miles from the facility! You had the Jim Thorpe award winner drop right into your lap but nope not the Falcons! 

Edited by TX Falcon

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Last I checked we've drafted LSU pretty hard within the last 8 years.

Got pulled away by my wife I meant just UGA for the 8th year in a row

"8th Year in a row" ????? LMAO.

Jake Matthews

Deion Jones

Duke Riley

Sean Weatherspoon (2010)

Keanu Kneal

Julio Jones

Calvin Ridley (Just Last year)

Brian Poole

Probably missing a few but you get the point 

Just now, Gee-Q said:

ARGHHH... why didnt we draft Holyfield??

Oh wait.. 31 other teams didnt' draft him either...

Get over yourself bruh.. (& the SEC.. & Georgia)

Yea why didn't we draft a slow middling RB with hands of stone!!!!!!!

You see, idiotic crap like this, is exactly why UGA fans get so badly mocked on here. 

OP is making an *** of himself and showing how dumb he is as a football fan, and even worse, he already tried this in the draft forum (during the draft) and got ripped apart for it down there too.

This is sad and pathetic.

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Last I checked we've drafted LSU pretty hard within the last 8 years. Jake Matthews is also from the SEC. Neal from the Gators.

We've hit the SEC pretty hard.

now now now, don't go confusing the thread with actual facts, even though I'm a DAWG fan, I'm not as 'homer' as a lot of em here who think we should take every GA player that declares or is eligible to be drafted.

They can't handle the truth when you spell it out for them with the actual facts. It's a known commodity around here, the whining about not drafting SEC players has been an 'after draft' staple on the boards for years now, even as untrue/inaccurate as it is....

Geneaut and Embrace the suck like this

41 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You see, idiotic crap like this, is exactly why UGA fans get so badly mocked on here. 

OP is making an *** of himself and showing how dumb he is as a football fan, and even worse, he already tried this in the draft forum (during the draft) and got ripped apart for it down there too.

This is sad and pathetic.

Yep, this just further validates my other thread about Holyfield

Geneaut likes this

There is a thread MAD597 made that you should read...it was dedicated to Dawg homers. 

Edit: Dang, he beat me to it

As an Alumni, I can say that we really didn't have players worth taking the past 10 years besides blue chip guys like Stafford, Gurley, Houston, and Green. I enjoyed my time there but never understood the blind homerism by most folks that I went to school with, the non-alums are typically (not always) the worst fans. We're not the only school in the SEC (or any other conference) that has talent. This FO will take whoever they feel will help best contribute to the team; if we take players from a local school like Georgia, that's just a bonus in my opinion.

1 hour ago, slick0ne said:

"8th Year in a row" ????? LMAO.

Jake Matthews

Deion Jones

Duke Riley

Sean Weatherspoon (2010)

Keanu Kneal

Julio Jones

Calvin Ridley (Just Last year)

Brian Poole

Probably missing a few but you get the point 

Ton of first round picks from SEC, more than any conference in last 10 years.

Peria Jerry (2009)

Spoon 2010

Julio Jones 2011

Jake Mathews

keanu neal

calvin Ridley. 

Trufant, Takk and Lindstorm are only non SEC first round picks.

Meth is bad.

falconsd56, slick0ne and JDaveG like this