Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoprime II

Trade Vic Beasley

82 posts in this topic

vic is gonna ball this year. he is in a contract year. let him ball the sign a huge contract next year and pick up a high comp pick in 2021

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

Between DQ running the defense and the fact that this is Beasley's last chance for that monster contract, I think Vic will show out this year. Lets say he duplicates 2016 with 15 sacks.

If he does that, Falcons can tag him, probably with the  non exclusive tag, so other teams can talk to him, and the falcons can get a good  pick for him. [not a first] Don't see the Falcons signing him to a long term deal. 

If no team bites, they can play him on the tag in 2020 and see if he can do that 2 years in a row.

If he has another 6 sack year, then you just cut your losses, let him go, draft his replacement next year.

This.

The issue with this thread is the HC has put his name on getting VB44 back to what he was.Alot won’t see it but the above finger prints are on this very Keep of a player.

The above post explains it very well the implications after and options.I think it’s right on the money though not many here want to hear it.

2 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This.

The issue with this thread is the HC has put his name on getting VB44 back to what he was.Alot won’t see it but the above finger prints are on this very Keep of a player.

The above post explains it very well the implications after and options.I think it’s right on the money though not many here want to hear it.

For me, I already know all that.  I know what the options and implications are.  My, and I think many here, main problem is the player at the price.  Vic has been a disappointment for 75% of his career here and if he does it again, goodbye and good riddance.  If he has a good year, do you really trust him long term to continue to replicate that success?  75%.  Vic has that feel of a player that we look back on in 20 years and go "Maaaaaaaaaan he shoulda been amazing...".  I will be the first in line to eat my VB crow if he balls out this season, but I also don't get having any kind of confidence he will.

JeffAtl and egoprime II like this

It's too late to trade him. His value was at his highest in 2017 with his inflated sack numbers.

Even if he gets 10 sacks, unless his pressures match up and he's being consistently disruptive - I still don't want him back. He had 16 sacks in 2016 but a) it was against awful competition and B) he was pitiful against the run and non-existent in the playoffs. If he somehow replicates that 2016 season, he'll most likely want top dollar and he ain't worth it. Just go DE in the first next year.

Flying Falcon likes this

22 minutes ago, athell said:

For me, I already know all that.  I know what the options and implications are.  My, and I think many here, main problem is the player at the price.  Vic has been a disappointment for 75% of his career here and if he does it again, goodbye and good riddance.  If he has a good year, do you really trust him long term to continue to replicate that success?  75%.  Vic has that feel of a player that we look back on in 20 years and go "Maaaaaaaaaan he shoulda been amazing...".  I will be the first in line to eat my VB crow if he balls out this season, but I also don't get having any kind of confidence he will.

Understood.

But again that’s the coaches call he puts it all to bed what people are concerned about he obviously thinks the value is there and he can get him back to where he likes to see him.

Falconaides post pretty much sums up where I’m at if he does get to where he gets to.

falconidae and athell like this

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Watch Beasley get 10+ sacks this year and we franchise him.:lol:

This board would explode.

Franchise wouldn't be too bad though.  Would be expensive, but much better than a long term deal coming off of a "promising" year.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Understood.

But again that’s the coaches call he puts it all to bed what people are concerned about he obviously thinks the value is there and he can get him back to where he likes to see him.

Falconaides post pretty much sums up where I’m at if he does get to where he gets to.

Yeah, I hear you and it makes sense.  I'm just kinda at the end of my rope with ole boy.

kiwifalcon and falconidae like this

11 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Scenario ONE:  Beasley has a great season rushing QB's, registers double-digit sacks.
Scenario TWO:  Beasley does badly.  Falcons don't offer Beasley a new contrast.... he walks in 2020.
Scenario THREE:  Beasley gets hurt which either:  ends his season early, or reduces his effectiveness.  Lots of scenarios could arise from this one, most of them not good.

Beasley is on a one-year contract.  No matter how well he does or does not do, the Falcons will be faced with signing (or not signing) Beasley in an offseason where the following players' contracts expire:  Deion Jones, Grady Jarrett, Austin Hooper, DaVondre Cambell, Tyeler Davison, Wes Scweitzer.  Plus, Keanu Neal will be in -his- option contract giving him a subdtantial raise.   Even without re-signing Beasley, we could see more than one significant player walk .  So even if Beasley has a great season, he could very well walk next offseason.  Which is why I believe its time to trade him.

In a trade scenario Beasley's salary is a problem which could be solved by the Falcons 'eating' a goodchunk of his 13 million salary.  Lets say the Falcons take on half that... there are ways to do it.  Then the Falcons offer Beasley up for a 3rd round pick, which is the same as a comp pick for a premium FA.... only the Falcons would get the pick next draft instead of waiting for 2021.

Or the Falcons could trade for another teams' player.  Someone like LB Darron Lee, or Solomon Thomas (just examples, folks...).   Then TD could use any cap-savings on signing a FA DE like Ansah or Morgan. 

At any rate I can see Beasley and/or some good players walking after this season.  We might as well get some value out of  him.  With the right trade the team might actually be better this season..

SF is playing  Solomon Thomas as a DE  when he’s probably better at DT. If we could get him via trade I would be all for it.  We will be extra thin at DE but Solomon  could live up to his pre-draft hype In the right situation

12 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Scenario ONE:  Beasley has a great season rushing QB's, registers double-digit sacks.
Scenario TWO:  Beasley does badly.  Falcons don't offer Beasley a new contrast.... he walks in 2020.
Scenario THREE:  Beasley gets hurt which either:  ends his season early, or reduces his effectiveness.  Lots of scenarios could arise from this one, most of them not good.

Beasley is on a one-year contract.  No matter how well he does or does not do, the Falcons will be faced with signing (or not signing) Beasley in an offseason where the following players' contracts expire:  Deion Jones, Grady Jarrett, Austin Hooper, DaVondre Cambell, Tyeler Davison, Wes Scweitzer.  Plus, Keanu Neal will be in -his- option contract giving him a subdtantial raise.   Even without re-signing Beasley, we could see more than one significant player walk .  So even if Beasley has a great season, he could very well walk next offseason.  Which is why I believe its time to trade him.

In a trade scenario Beasley's salary is a problem which could be solved by the Falcons 'eating' a goodchunk of his 13 million salary.  Lets say the Falcons take on half that... there are ways to do it.  Then the Falcons offer Beasley up for a 3rd round pick, which is the same as a comp pick for a premium FA.... only the Falcons would get the pick next draft instead of waiting for 2021.

Or the Falcons could trade for another teams' player.  Someone like LB Darron Lee, or Solomon Thomas (just examples, folks...).   Then TD could use any cap-savings on signing a FA DE like Ansah or Morgan. 

At any rate I can see Beasley and/or some good players walking after this season.  We might as well get some value out of  him.  With the right trade the team might actually be better this season..

Agreed

7 hours ago, vel said:

We picked up the option after the 2017 season, so that wasn't happening. Agree they should have traded him at the deadline though. Now, at this point, he's a Falcon for 2019. Pirritt. 

No we didnt

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Thats not a rumor, its a lie made up by someone, and repeating it makes you look bad

You would know all about making yourself look bad.

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You would know all about making yourself look bad.

Pft on here lmfao...only douches care what the nerdy ***** bags on here think..look bad on taft, you have no life if you care what all these douches think. Prob cant even get away from the computer to **** there ugly fat wives

I been real up and down with Vic these last couple seasons.. Shid to be honest all four seasons. Then I sit here and think two outta four seasons he was hurt or something. Last year I think it finally clicked towards the end. With TMQ taking the reins. I truly believe we are about to see something special. I mean real special "same same but different" (James Franco voice).  That front four has a rotation we haven't seen period in the TMQ Era. I feel there will be one more DE signing and maybe one LB signing but that's it. Everyone says we need another LB listen Foye is our guy straight dog with Debo and Campbell come on nothing is going across the middle plus Neal is back with Kazee  sneaking in somewhere. Allen Tru and Oliver covering the outside. This defense is gonna do numbers. Screw Ints get stops make them punt. Our offense is built for anything now.

Let's go Rise Up.

9 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Pft on here lmfao...only douches care what the nerdy ***** bags on here think..look bad on taft, you have no life if you care what all these douches think. Prob cant even get away from the computer to **** there ugly fat wives

You feel better now? :lol:

3 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Franchise wouldn't be too bad though.  Would be expensive, but much better than a long term deal coming off of a "promising" year.

It would be smart.  Make him prove he can do it again

JeffAtl likes this

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

No we didnt

The option was exercised in April 2018, which is after the 2017 season...

14 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It would be smart.  Make him prove he can do it again

Bro how many pictures of your wife do you have?! Lol

I can already hear this defense being called "the great comeback" or "great revival" or "amazing uprising" or something similar this year - 

2 safeties coming back from major injuries, a MLB having a full season back, Hageman coming back as a rejuvenated player, Clayborn coming back to Atlanta and playing well, and Beasley returning to 2016 levels.  And, of course, a HC/DC returning to his "natural" area of expertise.

The only players on this defense who we really could not expect improvement/return to form from over 2018 are Kazee, Jarrett and Crawford (and that is not to say they could not).

It is almost like a Hollywood script being written.

vel likes this

It's going to be a very competitive preseason and I expect the best 53, possibly in Falcons history.  DQ will know well before 1Sep19 whether he can get urgency out of VB.  This is a "get that ring" or "see ya" year, IMHO.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You feel better now? :lol:

These boards do absolutely nothing to me emotionaly..sorry you let all these ***** bag clowns affect you like that. Me, I just stick to beautiful girls and dudes that act right. You all get off on escape goat and I ask myself how could such a bunch of losers have such a ****** sense of humor, then i show that upper class peeps and they say lol what a bunch of douches..which is why you are all now douchs to me. No life other than these boards. Congrats i party on roof tops and you party on WOW and TAFT. HAHAHAHHAA WE LAUGHING AT YOU ALL

4 hours ago, vel said:

Bro how many pictures of your wife do you have?! Lol

I been thinking the same thing, but then I look at my yoga blonde that has no fat and a huge butt and tell myself if this dude wants to show off so much I can show him whats up lol. But I have mad respect for him because I truly believe we are the only ones on these boards that have a real sexy woman. Congrats bro, we have something these clowns dont!

vel likes this

21 hours ago, egoprime II said:

who will want a DE that's not very good?  

9 hours ago, vel said:

The option was exercised in April 2018, which is after the 2017 season...

We could have traded him.     :(

DsXrjv9VAAAvqxv.jpg

"The Fans will never forget"

"Winter is coming!"

2 hours ago, 81KJW said:

who will want a DE that's not very good?  

Other team's coaches and GMs have different opinions than ours....plus I have felt Beasley is miscast as a DE playing over the RT.  Remember, Vic was originally drafted to play the LEO, which Takk is currently playing.   IMHO Beasley is a 3-4 LB.

Vic -did- have that one good year.  A team wanting a pass rusher just might decide to gamble on Beasley if the trade cost isn't very high.  And, probably, if the Falcons agree to take on some of Beasleys' salary.