Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

May 2019 Recruiting Thread

378 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Listening to Sentell/Adams on Before the Hedges today, Sentell kind of downplayed the Dawgs interest in Flowe - not that they didn’t want him but moreso they have a few other guys they like just as well - maybe that Flowe’s play on the field doesn’t quite match his hype.    Take it FWIW.

That would make sense as to why Simpson keeps popping up then... They clearly must feel good about *someone* at the position, because it sure sounds like Leneth Whitehead has been deprioritized at this point.

38 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

That would make sense as to why Simpson keeps popping up then... They clearly must feel good about *someone* at the position, because it sure sounds like Leneth Whitehead has been deprioritized at this point.

Yeah it was Simpson and Whitehead.   Basically Sentell said they like those two just as good or better than Flowe - and a whole lot easier to get.

I think our staff loves Flowe but it’s always hard for an east coast team to pull a kid from California.. I believe the staff might be trying not to get “caught with their pants down” if Flowe or whoever their #1 target at ILB is. Kirby and staff is good about making sure that if they miss on one target, they won’t miss on the second one 

95Dawg, g-dawg, Carter and 1 other like this

Saw that Rusty said to keep this name in mind, regarding 2020 rb, Jahmyr Gibbs.  Not sure about what his top end speed is, but he has some great moves.

fibonaccisquared likes this

From a Barton Simmons article

**Jalen Carter, DT, Apopka (Fla.) High School - Few if any prospects in the state of Florida have had a stronger spring than Carter, who has turned in multiple impressive performances both in camp and padded settings. The 6-foot-4, 301-pounder played out of position at tight end as a junior but was a top performer at defensive tackle at the Under Armour camp in Orlando. Last week, he had a dominant showing in a spring game in front of several Power 5 assistants. Carter has a unique blend of athleticism and power on the defensive interior with the ability to win with his first-step quickness a speed-to-power bull rush and is a violent finisher. The sample size of Carter playing defensive line is relatively small, but his level of play relative to his lack of experience at the position is highly intriguing. Carter checks the boxes from an athletic profile standpoint as well. He’s posted good testing numbers, has a basketball background with the ability to throw down some impressive dunks and finished second at the state weightlifting championships this offseason. – Charles Power

The move – Carter is firmly in position to make a five-star push. He moves from 93rd in the country to inside the top 20. He’s now ranked as the No. 1 player in Florida and the No. 2 DT in the country. The only thing keeping Carter from a fifth star is more of a body of work on defense, something that he’ll have plenty of opportunity to produce as a senior.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Ransack said:

Gibbs can play. That's a 4 star RB.

This... Vision and balance are excellent. He reminds me of Swift out of HS a little... They both just seem to wrong foot people consistently... Swift does it with a hard jump cut, Gibbs seems to be a little more fluid... stutter cutting or subtle weight shifts...

Edited by fibonaccisquared
Wardog357 and Turkeydawg like this

10 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Saw that Rusty said to keep this name in mind, regarding 2020 rb, Jahmyr Gibbs.  Not sure about what his top end speed is, but he has some great moves.

Fwiw he looks to be the fastest guy on the field and this is 6A... He doesn't have impressive track times (mid 11s 100M), so probably not going to set a blazing 40 time, but his playing speed is impressive. 

8 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Fwiw he looks to be the fastest guy on the field and this is 6A... He doesn't have impressive track times (mid 11s 100M), so probably not going to set a blazing 40 time, but his playing speed is impressive. 

Give me Gibbs and Lloyd and be done at rb.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Don’t get me wrong but a lot of those highlights didn’t come against great teams.  River Ridge, NW Whitfield, and Harrison aren’t exactly defensive juggernauts.

His cuts were were fire though.

Edited by Porter Osborne Jr
fibonaccisquared likes this

Well even Gurley was a 3 star until late though too

never understood it. Saw his film and Keith Marshall and thought Gurley was the better back. Keith had great speed. 

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Don’t get me wrong but a lot of those highlights didn’t come against great teams.  River Ridge, NW Whitfield, and Harrison aren’t exactly defensive juggernauts.

His cuts were were fire though.

I went to NW!!!

Yeah they suck, **** them. 

Milton is UGA’s top target at RB. I think at the end of the day we get Milton and Lloyd. Milton probably doesn’t have the elite 40 time but the guy has elite feet and vision.