• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thomas said he was a little underwhelmed by the response from the Falcon's Fan-base, regarding their recent draft picks. He said everyone is used to more exciting drafts from the Falcons, but he

Coooold blooooded! 

I agree with gdawg that there is zero chance that Lindstrom isn't starting day 1. I mean, if a team with this many holes isn't drafting a starter at pick 14 then we'd have to say that draft has a

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

TD isn’t picking any of the defensive players unless DQ wants them.   

DQ's the HC, and ultimately the final decision is his to make, but forgive me for not buying that he was targeting a D-II DE from a school with barely a program and a lil Caesars meal plan. On top of that, knowing that rush end is a need on this team, the only plan with this guy is to tack 25 more lbs on him and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

DQ's the HC, and ultimately the final decision is his to make, but forgive me for not buying that he was targeting a D-II DE from a school with barely a program and a lil Caesars meal plan. On top of that, knowing that rush end is a need on this team, the only plan with this guy is to tack 25 more lbs on him and see what happens.

Nobody plans their draft around who they are taking in the 4th round - that’s just common sense.

The Falcons signed a ton of guys on both sides of the LOS so they could have flexibility in the draft.

Offense: Carpenter(OG), Brown(OG), Sambrailo(OG)

Defense: Beasley(DE), Clayborn(DE), Davison(DT), Hageman(DT)

While likely no long term guys in any of those signings - we aren’t desperate - we have enough on defense to be fine.

There were too many needs and too little cap dollars - we were never going to fix everything in one off-season.   Well we absolutely fixed the offensive line long term and short term.  We also have depth.

2020 draft will be much more defensive.    Cominskey is a good pick and should develop down the line but he will be an apprentice in 2019.

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I think McGary's pass pro is going to need too much work, unless we just flat scheme around it (for example, sending a RB or TE to chip that side, which would be convenient in the latter case).

But I'm fine with him starting if they think he's better than Sambrielo.  Though really, I think Ty is fine at RT if Lindstrom can play.  And all indications are Lindstrom is NFL ready.

That’s the beautiful thing is Ty absolutely can hold it down if McGary isn’t a day one starter.

I'm in your camp where it’s possible McGary needs a little time to develop. I do think it’s only a matter of games. The athleticism is there. I think he’s starting RT by no later than mid season.